Sponsored by:

it has to go

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2007, 06:30 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it has to go

Hiya guys abit of advise required , i currently own a jap wrx ,ive had the car for about 4 years now , engine let go back end of last summer , ,the car has had a full engine rebuid from allan at asp in newcastle, the car has done about 3000 miles sinse full rebuild , ie new bearings throughout, water pump, oil pump forged pistons etc etc ,costing me a total of £2500 quid ,the trouble is before it let go i was considering selling the car ,but due to engine letting go i would of lost out big time if i got rid with blown engine , so had to repair and keep , now ive come to the stage of im gona have to sell her ,probably loosing out big time , its a my95 in white , any ideas as to what i can expect for it , i was thinking about £4000 , anyone??
Old 24 March 2007, 09:36 AM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default help

anyone
Old 24 March 2007, 10:36 AM
james-wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dav 27
anyone

Hi mate im no expert but if the car is straight and unabused (if there is such a thing for scooby) assuming you can document the engine re-build etc that figure would seem realistic. Good Luck
Old 24 March 2007, 10:53 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

depending on what sort of history is with the car, the general condition of it, and whether anything may need replacing soon, i dont see why £4000 isnt a fair price.

for a potential buyer, a new engine is good as it has plenty of life, but 'why did the engine let go in the first place' is a question they might ask you.

any pics of the beast?

andy
Old 24 March 2007, 11:52 AM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default here we go

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
depending on what sort of history is with the car, the general condition of it, and whether anything may need replacing soon, i dont see why £4000 isnt a fair price.

for a potential buyer, a new engine is good as it has plenty of life, but 'why did the engine let go in the first place' is a question they might ask you.

any pics of the beast?

andy
Hiya ,yeah the car is un abused , when i got the car ide had reciepts for nearly £5000 , which i still have , i can prove the car has recently been rebuilt ,i have reciept from asp , i have just got my self a new walbro fuel pump which i havent fitted yet , the car has recently had new discs on rear and pads on front which are miner things , which im not expecting to raise the price one bit, The car has a scratch along the boot lid which i havent got around to repairing yet, i love it and dont really want to sell her ,especially after puting £2500 into her , but ive had her nearly 4 years and im due to renew , The reason she let go was due to faulty coil pack and possibly bad fuel , which i was told be asp , the car runs as sweet as a nut when shes warmed up ,as when shes cold there is a bit of a rattle due to forged pistons which may put a potential buyer off , but if you know youre scoobs you will no thats normal , im just getting a feel for selling her ,,, there is a couple of pics i have on a4 paper which i took of her when i had a digital camera but dont posses one no more so took picture of the pics with me phone , Cheers for the help...any help on uploading pics
Old 24 March 2007, 11:58 AM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dav 27
Hiya guys abit of advise required , i currently own a jap wrx ,ive had the car for about 4 years now , engine let go back end of last summer , ,the car has had a full engine rebuid from allan at asp in newcastle, the car has done about 3000 miles sinse full rebuild , ie new bearings throughout, water pump, oil pump forged pistons etc etc ,costing me a total of £2500 quid ,the trouble is before it let go i was considering selling the car ,but due to engine letting go i would of lost out big time if i got rid with blown engine , so had to repair and keep , now ive come to the stage of im gona have to sell her ,probably loosing out big time , its a my95 in white , any ideas as to what i can expect for it , i was thinking about £4000 , anyone??
I hate to **** on your parade mate but due to the fact that Autotrader/Flea bay is packed with scoobies with rebuilds/mods, the chances of getting 4k is almost impossible.

Now i'm not saying the car is not worth it BUT, what i am saying is that why would anyone buy yours for £4k when they can buy other cean examples for £2.5-£3k ...the market is fooked
Old 24 March 2007, 12:09 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default okay dokey

Originally Posted by vava voom
I hate to **** on your parade mate but due to the fact that Autotrader/Flea bay is packed with scoobies with rebuilds/mods, the chances of getting 4k is almost impossible.

Now i'm not saying the car is not worth it BUT, what i am saying is that why would anyone buy yours for £4k when they can buy other cean examples for £2.5-£3k ...the market is fooked
I know what you mean like , although due to just putting 2500 quid into it i would rather blow the bloody thing up rather than let it go for 3000, and be out of pocket....but i know the car is worth it deep inside , but thats the market for you, and i supose the ones on e bay are scrappers