Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm thinking of stepping up to the plate!

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2007, 10:15 AM
x-isle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm thinking of stepping up to the plate!

Hi all, I'm after a bit of advice.

I have been offered (for silly money) a V-plate (don't yet know if it's a 99 or 00) Stationwagon that had the Prodrive upgrade done.

I'm new to the world of Scooby's, so was wondering what this Prodrive upgrade does.

Am I correct in thinking that back in the day, the STi was only an option on imports, so Subaru and Prodrive came up with the Prodrive pack that "almost" turned a standard Scooby into STi spec?

All I know is the pack cost about £6K and includes (at least) an ECU upgrade, exhaust upgrade and suspension upgrade, but that's all I know.

Thanks for the help!

Craig Rogers
C&F Racing
Mighty Minis Racing - C&F Racing
Old 21 March 2007, 12:22 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by x-isle
Hi all, I'm after a bit of advice.

I have been offered (for silly money) a V-plate (don't yet know if it's a 99 or 00) Stationwagon that had the Prodrive upgrade done.

I'm new to the world of Scooby's, so was wondering what this Prodrive upgrade does.

Am I correct in thinking that back in the day, the STi was only an option on imports, so Subaru and Prodrive came up with the Prodrive pack that "almost" turned a standard Scooby into STi spec?

All I know is the pack cost about £6K and includes (at least) an ECU upgrade, exhaust upgrade and suspension upgrade, but that's all I know.

Thanks for the help!

Craig Rogers
C&F Racing
Mighty Minis Racing - C&F Racing

Welcome. This isn't gospel but from memory when I had a '99 car. In 1999 the UK Turbo put out around 208bhp whereas the Jap WRX's & STi's all had 280. The PPP redressed the balance a bit and took the UK car up to 240 ish BHP. The PPP itself was around £2k so it sounds like the one you've been offered might have the full Prodrive WR options kit (Leather, suspension etc etc).
HTH a bit.
Steve