Sponsored by:

Monte Carlo Rally

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2001, 03:24 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can get far cheaper accomodation outside of Monaco we stayed in a hotel in Vence (10-15mins. away) for around £25/night and the heli taxi from the airport is only £20-30 if I remember correctly.

We flew last Jan. and hired a car from the airport. This year I'm swaying towards driving - there're some great Impreza roads out there.

Get in touch if anyone else is intending to drive.

In my opinion food is not expensive in Monaco, but drinks in night clubs are

It isn't that cold at all in Monaco however on the stages it can be bloody freezing!

Edited to add that we're intending to take in a few days skiing on the return trip.

[Edited by Mo - 12/10/2001 5:31:45 PM]
Old 10 December 2001, 11:07 AM
AndrewW
Scooby Regular

Question

Hi All,

I am making plans to go and see my first WRC event in the flesh

I wanted to hear from anyone who has been to the Monte Carlo Rally, that can let me know if this is a good idea.

I have looked into flight and accomodation, and they are fine, but I was wondering ...

1) Is it easy enough to stay in a hotel in Monaco and drive out to the stages each day ?

2) Is it as expensive to eat etc as I am expecting it to be (ie very) ?

3) Is this a good spectators rally ?

4) How bleedin' cold is it likely to be ? Remeber, all things are relative and we will be coming from a lovely Scottish winter

5) Anyone else planning on going this year ? From the couple of non-WRC rallies that we have been to this past year, it has always been more fun when with a group of friends

Thanks for any advice,

Andrew.
Old 10 December 2001, 01:24 PM
AndrewW
Scooby Regular

Smile

Anyone ?
Old 10 December 2001, 02:04 PM
Olly
Scooby Regular

A few of us are thinking of going. Looked at the fly/hire car route versus the drive/channel tunnel option. Easyjet flights from Liverpool come in at around £80 return each to Nice (10 miles from Monte Carlo). Add on the hire car cost between 3 people and this becomes a far cheaper and easier option. Nice is a far cheaper place to stay.

The rally takes place a long way from monte though. Havent got the exact route yet.
Old 10 December 2001, 02:17 PM
AndrewW
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi Olly,

I was looking in a package deal brochure, and they had a 4 star hotel in Monaco for 4 nights, breakfast included and with return helicopter transfers between Nice airport and the hotel for about £400 per person.

Not spectactularly cheap, but not bad considering that this is staying in what has got to be one of the most expensive cities in the world.

I'd be very interested in getting to together with a group of people who might be interested in splitting the cost of car rental etc if it means that can costs (and have more money for alcohol , no, no I didn't say that )

Andrew.
Old 10 December 2001, 08:49 PM
AndrewW
Scooby Regular

Smile

Anyone else ?
Old 11 December 2001, 01:48 AM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Im interested going from Newcastle but really interested in the driving option rather than the flying not frightened or anything Just like the sound of Subaru roads and will look good a load of Imprezas turnign up. So if anyones got info please forward to me thanks