Sponsored by:

Rear Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2001, 07:45 AM
SiCotty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Why do people never turn these off when they get out of the fog, I now have a red blob burnt into my eyes. We have lights that turn on when it's dark and wippers that work when it rains, so why not fog lights that turn off when it's not foggy.

Alternatively people could become just a bit more aware of what their car is doing, and what the road conditions are.

Rant over

Si

Old 10 December 2001, 12:13 PM
Mildo
Scooby Regular

Hear, hear!

And whilst we're talking about rear lights..... why do people sit in stationary traffic with their foot on the brake pedal blinding the driver behind?

There, I feel better now.
Old 10 December 2001, 12:40 PM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I drove in this morning wishing a few more people actually put the bloody things on.

It is really foggy in Cambridge today and visability is poor. I think I saw 4 people with fog lights. Cars seemed to appear out of nowhere. What was even more annoying was that a lot of cars has their front fogs on but not their rear ones

It seems that nobody really know how to use fog lights at all. They either put them on when not needed or don't put them on at all.

Mark

PS got passed by one stupid to$$er who had no lights on at all!!
Old 10 December 2001, 12:51 PM
devils_ad69
Scooby Regular

mildo,

Perhaps the driver has an automatic gearbox?
Old 10 December 2001, 12:53 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

Handbrake? I thought that's what they were there for?
Old 10 December 2001, 01:01 PM
devils_ad69
Scooby Regular

nom

I believe auto driver are taught only to use the handbrake where they expect to be stationary for a period of time. I wouldn't have thought that stopping at a set of lights for say 10 seconds, justifies putting the car in neutral and the handbrake on, but could be wrong.
Old 10 December 2001, 01:12 PM
nom
Scooby Senior

I'm keen on the handbrake, having been driven into the back of 3 times while being stationary in front of traffic lights (1x) & turning right (2x) across oncoming traffic - which was interesting. If I hadn't had my handbrake on there would have been 4 of us t-boned by 50mph traffic from the ninny who thought it's a better idea to use the 'right turn only' lane rather than the straight-on one to go straight on. Foot was on the brake as well, though, but I'm happier having the handbrake on (which won't slip when knocked). So I suppose I had my brake lights on anyway Oh well

Trending Topics

Old 10 December 2001, 01:48 PM
Jerry*
Scooby Regular

Angry

Guys,

Have to agree with all of you..

Lots of misty foggy stuff around this weekend and far too many plonkers about with either no lights on at all or fogs on when just not needed !! Doesn't it say something about fogs in the Highway Code !?! Doesn't visibility have to be down to less that 100 metres or something ?!?

Oh, whilst on the subject, do Citroen saxo VTR/S front fogs automatically come on with the headlights ?! Have you ever passed one without them on (whatever the weather) !?!

As for the sat at traffic lights with the footbrake on... not really bothered unless I'm behind a Focus/Punto/Laguna estate etc..

Some people will never change though... S'pose all you can do is flash the bu99ers !!

Cheers,

John