Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Impreza spec??

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2001, 08:26 PM
frisby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY99 would have been available from October 98 onwards so its quite feasible that its MY99 although its been registered in 98.

However, it could also have been one of the last MY98's still floating about but unlikely as this was a time when cars were in great demand.

Probably best to ring the supplying dealer and quote the chassis number and they should be able to deterime what MY it is.

Use the following from SIDC faq to compare the two models.

laters

fris

1998 saw a major overhaul of the interior, with the introduction of a new dashboard, taken from the Forester, featuring white dials, a computerised odometer and a low fuel light. Other improvements include a passenger airbag, Momo leather steering wheel, leather covered handbrake lever and a shorter throw gear lever. ICE equipment remained the same but the apertures and grills (and reportedly wiring) for the "tweeter kit" is supplied as standard. Revised inner door panels and centre console that includes the current trend for putting cup holders in cars, completes the changes. The only external changes are the 16 inch alloys on 205/50 VR16 Bridgestone Potenza tyres now fitted as standard to the Turbo model.

The 1999 car continues the trend of fitting parts from the Japanese STi cars, including the front seats (although with a bit more padding) including height adjustment for the drivers seat; 4-pot front brake calipers and vented rear discs; and the high rear wing. Suspension, in line with STis, is now considerably firmer.

The front bumper has been slightly modified, being a little deeper and with just one vane (instead of two) and a naff orange plastic wedge outside the fog lights. The bumper now passes a 5 mph impact test. The fog lights and headlights have multifaceted reflectors and clear lenses.

The engine is a "Phase 2" boxer incorporating some changes to the head, and claimed power output is 7 bhp higher at 215 bhp (although torque stays the same).

Inside, the car benefits from cup holders and a slightly different Momo steering wheel. The car is at last fitted with a Thatcham "Category 1" alarm and immobiliser.

The price has risen by a very reasonable (in view of the changes) £1200, now taking the car over the £20,000 mark.

[Edited by frisby - 12/9/2001 8:28:34 PM]
Old 09 December 2001, 08:13 PM
Rockin'
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

recently been offered a "99" model impreza turbo... After HPI the car was registered in Dec 98 and manafactured in 98. Does that mean it is a 98 model (prone to piston slap) or a 99 model as claimed??
Need help with this one as cost is liable to fluctuate!! hope someone can help before i get stung on the one.......