Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta have me one of these *lol*

Break.com - Funny Pics, Hot Chicks, & Cool Flicks
Old 28 February 2007, 02:02 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Do you find that funny? Because displays like that do soo much good for our relations over there don't they!! This guy is bullying the very people that we are striving to get on side, not to mention denting posesions that they have spent a whole years wages on.

Thats not funny at all. Various countries have sent thier soldiers to help with peace in Iraq and actions like in the video puts these men and women at greater risk. Remember, the people in Iraq and the armed forces also have family and lots of people have died already.

Just put yourself in their shoes for one minute.
Old 28 February 2007, 02:12 PM
grrrr
Scooby Regular

not funny at all i agree with the above.
Old 28 February 2007, 02:18 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

"That guys just ****in' pickin' his nose, not a care in the world..."
Old 28 February 2007, 02:24 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nathanb
"That guys just ****in' pickin' his nose, not a care in the world..."
I know, I know. Guys like that do not deserve to represent their nation. Wan#ers..
Old 28 February 2007, 02:32 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

In fairness, I do believe the US army are trained to employ very aggressive driving techniques when in built up areas. The threat of IED's means they need to constantly move/force others off of the road. They can't afford to be slowed down or stopped under any circumstances.

I watched a video on Youtube of a security company doing a convoy run from one town to another, it was insane.. they said that on motorways, if a car wouldn't move out of their way they'd run it off of the road, just because there's a good chance the occupant could have a bomb.

That said, I totally agree that it must be a horrible situation for the innocent people of Iraq and it's not a laughing matter.

I've definitely seen worse videos of soldiers abusing their positions, though. The soldiers in this video didn't seem to be getting a kick from what they were doing, they werne't 'wooping' and yelling at people, it looked as though they were simply doing their job.

Last edited by Probein; 28 February 2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 28 February 2007, 03:36 PM
ReggieMY99
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dan83590
Do you find that funny? Because displays like that do soo much good for our relations over there don't they!! This guy is bullying the very people that we are striving to get on side, not to mention denting posesions that they have spent a whole years wages on.

Thats not funny at all. Various countries have sent thier soldiers to help with peace in Iraq and actions like in the video puts these men and women at greater risk. Remember, the people in Iraq and the armed forces also have family and lots of people have died already.

Just put yourself in their shoes for one minute.
Yes actually i do find that funny, and the driver has probably been told to drive like that to avoid getting caught up in a shootout with insurgents or a roadside bomb

Perhaps the US and the UK shouldnt have been there in the first place ?

Even worse, based on false intelligence and lies, your goverment created that situation in the first place, wipe your own ar*e before you jump on someone elses

goodday to you sir
Old 28 February 2007, 03:55 PM
lem6
Scooby Regular

it's like driving in donny!
Old 28 February 2007, 04:41 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

SIAL - or is it a Humvee?

This was debated long and hard last time - the soldiers are driving as per their instructions in heavy traffic. I'm sure it says that somewhere on the thread to the video.

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ghlight=humvee

Last edited by Kevin Groat; 28 February 2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 28 February 2007, 05:36 PM
dan83590
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ReggieMY99
Yes actually i do find that funny, and the driver has probably been told to drive like that to avoid getting caught up in a shootout with insurgents or a roadside bomb

Perhaps the US and the UK shouldnt have been there in the first place ?

Even worse, based on false intelligence and lies, your goverment created that situation in the first place, wipe your own ar*e before you jump on someone elses

goodday to you sir
Now.. Where in my post did I say that I wanted troops there, and when did I mention I was from anywhere other than the UK???

You clearly think it is not funny either, like you said, its all based on lies. Now I'm confused, so what exactly do you think. Perhaps you just parrot talk from things people read to you from The Sun. So anyway I'll be off to wipe my bum now, and you'll be off to get someone to wipe it for you.

Everyone to their own. Now I expect you'll be wanting to return to your cave and eat a big piece for raw meat. So I bid you goodbye.

goodday to you sir (by the way, 'good day' is two words)
Old 28 February 2007, 06:26 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Sweet lord - I bet that does the hearts and minds excercise no favours

I didnt find it funny nor unfunny. I found that staggering that such footage is so widely available 'thanks' to the net...
Old 28 February 2007, 08:38 PM
jinkus
Scooby Regular

Default Funny Or Not Funny

I didnt find it funny, but i dont think troops should be over there, we fighting a lost cause. Every week the news reports show more uk and us soldiers lost to suicide bombers or random gunfire.

To be fair if everyone puts thereselves in the posistion where as ur a soldier that is driving down a road where u know very well there could be a bomb or gunner waiting to take you life we would all drive like that, and if it came between someone taking my life and making my child fatherless or me running so f***wit witha gun over, then sorry hes going under the wheels

Just my opinion. But not he video wasnt funny!
Old 28 February 2007, 08:45 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

If that guy bumped my batterd and bruised car, i would jump out and launch a rocket launcher at the Humvee

More americans dead....and we wonder why
Old 28 February 2007, 08:54 PM
scotthldr
Scooby Regular

It's not funny, but until you have been out there and experienced just what dangers lie around there you won't understand, any one of those cars blocking his progress could have been filled with explosives or deliberately slowing the convoy for an ambush. I personally have been in that situation several times and believe me it ain't funny.
Old 28 February 2007, 09:01 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

To all those who posted that is isn't funny use a bit of empathy and put yourself in the shoes of those soldiers who are out there on the front line.

Ask yourself this: would you really want to come to a complete stop out there with the constant threat of bombers wanting to blow you to bits. All it would take is a few seconds standing still for someone to place a bomb on or under the vehicle and that's it - game over.
Old 28 February 2007, 09:15 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scotthldr
It's not funny, but until you have been out there and experienced just what dangers lie around there you won't understand, any one of those cars blocking his progress could have been filled with explosives or deliberately slowing the convoy for an ambush. I personally have been in that situation several times and believe me it ain't funny.
Totally agree, as my son will tell you who came back from Iraq a few mths ago.