Sponsored by:

WRX Euro Import

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2007, 02:52 PM
WRX Blues
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX Euro Import

Having gone through 6 scoobs in the last five years I have decided it is time opt for comfort on economy during my 120 mile/day commute. Therefore STi's are out of the mix and so is my brief flirtation with P1's!

I am know looking to buy a euro-import. I am assuming that if I get a car from one of the usual suspects (L/field or DH) they will be able to add any extras pending my specification (Sti spoiler and backbox maybe).
Any comments or experiences before I go ahead?
Old 12 February 2007, 06:02 PM
HOWY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX Blues
Having gone through 6 scoobs in the last five years I have decided it is time opt for comfort on economy during my 120 mile/day commute. Therefore STi's are out of the mix and so is my brief flirtation with P1's!

I am know looking to buy a euro-import. I am assuming that if I get a car from one of the usual suspects (L/field or DH) they will be able to add any extras pending my specification (Sti spoiler and backbox maybe).
Any comments or experiences before I go ahead?
I would have thought adding extras will invalidate Subaru warranty (re IM) though if the supplying agent is happy to carry the can why not
Old 12 February 2007, 07:58 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

EU import for £14k 2.5L WRX MY07
Old 15 February 2007, 01:45 PM
Joescoobs74
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Ray_li
EU import for £14k 2.5L WRX MY07
Where from? Everywhere I look they try and add a **** load of extra's otr fees etc etc. Motorpoint want £350 for delivery by transporter!
Tried to contact Litchfield by email several times, but have had no reply? Is there price of £14,995 really all in, Inc Cat 1 alarm? Do they do finance?
Old 15 February 2007, 01:55 PM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

Try Alliance Car Imports

Subaru Impreza 2007 Brand New Unregistered 4 door WRX £14,895 inc Metallic & rear Spoiler, 5 doors £15995
3 Year Subaru Warranty, No Alarm or locking wheel nuts, Alarm or Tracker can be fitted

Last edited by wrxseeker; 15 February 2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 15 February 2007, 02:06 PM
jayltee1
Scooby Regular

6 Scoobs in 5 years....whoosh - what ya been doing to em? Or do you just get bored (not with Scoobs obviously, just need a change) quickly?
Old 15 February 2007, 02:45 PM
Joescoobs74
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxseeker
Try Alliance Car Imports
Once you add otr fees and Cat 1 alarm this goes well over £15.5k!

Litchfield would seem best allround bet £14995 all in, if that is the case?

Anyone here bought a Wrx MY07 from Litchfield?

Trending Topics

Old 15 February 2007, 03:00 PM
mf_2007WRX
Scooby Newbie

I bought a brand new 2007 spec WRX from Graham Walker in Chester last month. UK-spec EU import in Mica blue, WRX spoiler fitted (no longer standard from Subaru dealers as you probably know), 12 months tax, Tracker Monitor and full 3 year warranty. I am also the 1st registered keeper, unlike the car supermarkets who register it themselves and you are the second keeper. The price was £15,600 on the road and the service was top!

A cat 1 alarm is extra, tracker subs £119 for 1 year and I had to buy a set of locking nuts off ebay for £13.

Graham is also able to fit STi spoilers and any other extras at very good prices. I'm hoping to upgrade to an STi this summer and will definitely go back to his firm.
Old 15 February 2007, 03:47 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

I've ordered a WRX 2.5 from all brands new in Hull they are £14248 otr with 12 mths tax, spolier and metallic paint ( No cat one or side airbags ).
£14548 with side airbags and £14748 with side airbags and a sunroof.
Another to add to the list

97 UK Wagon
99 RB5 WR
01 UK300
02 Sti 7
03 Sti 8
01 P1
gotta keep this one for a year..........................
Old 15 February 2007, 04:03 PM
jayltee1
Scooby Regular

Did you say spoiler is not standard anymore????? No way. So you now have to declare it on your insurance? How can you have a performance car without a spoiler...what's the world coming to?
Old 15 February 2007, 04:55 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

New Reg Cars - Buy a discounted new UK Car, nearly new car and used cars with Finance and Part Exchange Available
Try these, last time i looked it came out at £14,095 OTR with metallic paint or if you have a white one its only £13,675 OTR!!!!!! But you have to wait 5 months for the white one according to the sales woman!!!!!!!

Iv never used them before though so i dont know what their like, but i have used All Brands New and they were great. You can show them the above prices straight off the website and they will probably match it. Where the scoob is conserned its a buyers market and playing one against the other does work. You dont have to have it delivered either, you can pick it up yourself.
Old 15 February 2007, 04:55 PM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Joescoobs74
Once you add otr fees and Cat 1 alarm this goes well over £15.5k!

Litchfield would seem best allround bet £14995 all in, if that is the case?

Anyone here bought a Wrx MY07 from Litchfield?
I thought that included OTR fees but not the CAT 1 - It did when mine was advertised.

Have you given them a call to check ??

I would recommend them or Litchfields over all these car supermarkets as they have been importing them longer and know a lot more about them eg Getting your warranty docs through etc etc

Last edited by wrxseeker; 15 February 2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 15 February 2007, 05:07 PM
AndyB007
Scooby Newbie

Just ordered mine from Motor Depot, Car Supermarket - Hull, East Yorkshire. They are the same company as newregcars.co.uk as I rang them both. Bought with metallic paint, side airbags, 12 months R.F.L and a cat 1 alarm I paid £ 14841 to the penny. Best deal I could find and it's here in 5 weeks..... can't wait
Old 15 February 2007, 06:12 PM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

I bought mine in nov 05 it was a euro import wrx300. Got it from "all brands new" in hull. first clas service got it with alarm fitted free when i phoned i said " do the cat1 for free and ill put the deposit on it the now." 10mins later phone call back no problem sir. Job done they are top guys to deal with and very helpful i travelled down from scotland for the car and they even came and picked me up at the train staion and stuck £20 of fuel in the car.

CAR also came with 12 months tax and i`am the first and only registered keeper.
Old 15 February 2007, 06:28 PM
Enigma
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by evil.soup
New Reg Cars - Buy a discounted new UK Car, nearly new car and used cars with Finance and Part Exchange Available
Try these, last time i looked it came out at £14,095 OTR with metallic paint or if you have a white one its only £13,675 OTR!!!!!! But you have to wait 5 months for the white one according to the sales woman!!!!!!!

Iv never used them before though so i dont know what their like, but i have used All Brands New and they were great. You can show them the above prices straight off the website and they will probably match it. Where the scoob is conserned its a buyers market and playing one against the other does work. You dont have to have it delivered either, you can pick it up yourself.
I've had a white scoob on order since last November and still haven't got a delivery date for it. Apparently it's because the white scoob is made for the Japanese market not the European market. That's what the salesman told me at Motordepot anyway
Old 15 February 2007, 06:48 PM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

White scoobs are special order from the factory usually 3-4 month wait. since its a eu import it may be longer as do they have to send it to the origin country first? hope it comes soon mate white is the best colour. i want a white sti next but i hear no more white on 07 cars................. Noooooooooo
Can`t justify sellin mine yet as just put alot of new toys on it and its only 16 months old.
Old 15 February 2007, 09:01 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by evil.soup

New reg Cars , All brands New, motor Depot all same company. Ordered mine two weeks ago will be here for 1st march delivery
The £13698 is without Metallic as you said but plus £350 for Metallic and £250 otr charges take it to £14248. Side Airbags £300 and sunroof £200.
Cat one laserline £399 ( I'm getting a Sigma fitted for £325 elsewhere )
Old 16 February 2007, 04:22 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I could never work out why they had two company names, never mind three, and different prices on each site!!!!!!!!
Old 16 February 2007, 04:34 PM
Enigma
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX_SWRT
White scoobs are special order from the factory usually 3-4 month wait. since its a eu import it may be longer as do they have to send it to the origin country first? hope it comes soon mate white is the best colour. i want a white sti next but i hear no more white on 07 cars................. Noooooooooo
Can`t justify sellin mine yet as just put alot of new toys on it and its only 16 months old.

I'm sure if you really wanted to you could find a way to justify it lol. I guess in my case I'll just have to be patient. They did warn me that the last white scoob took 6 months to arrive. At least I have it in writing the amount they are allowing on part-ex and the price is also fixed. Mind they did want £1000 deposit before agreeing to that.
Old 17 February 2007, 03:56 PM
Joescoobs74
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxseeker
I thought that included OTR fees but not the CAT 1 - It did when mine was advertised.

Have you given them a call to check ??

I would recommend them or Litchfields over all these car supermarkets as they have been importing them longer and know a lot more about them eg Getting your warranty docs through etc etc
Contacted them and was told £253 of OTR fees were to be added.

Still not heard from anybody who has bought from Litchfield??
Old 17 February 2007, 04:15 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Probably because most Euro imports come thro the car supermarkets - Motorhouse , Motorpoint, All brandsnew etc so they have the most experience here - especially with warranty paperwork etc
Old 17 February 2007, 08:33 PM
wrxseeker
Scooby Regular

Litchfield have a good rep but wanted a cheque up front while Alliance just wanted a £250 deposit. Again when mine was advertised the price on the site was the OTR price I paid.

I think Alliance started importing EU scoobs in around about 2000/2001 compared to the supermarkets which seem to have go into it more recently.

I had my warranty docs through in 3 weeks from Alliance - some people who bought from motorpoint have never had them.