Sponsored by:

dont u hate crap drivers!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2007, 05:48 PM
rpw
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dont u hate crap drivers!!

went in mc donalds today and by the time i had got surved and sat down some guy come in and said does anyone own a silver subaru so i looked up and i knew what had happended straight away. so i walked out and he said i think i scratched it when pulling in so hoping for the best i had a look and he had put a huge dent in the rear door im absolutely gutted the car is only a month old!!!
Old 11 February 2007, 05:50 PM
Dave_68
Scooby Regular

Gutted mate but at least he owned up, don't think many would.

Hope it gets sorted.
Old 11 February 2007, 05:52 PM
rpw
Scooby Regular

i said that to him once i had stopped foaming at the mouth
Old 11 February 2007, 05:57 PM
scooby0809
Scooby Regular

feel for you mate makes you wonder how some of these people get a licence!are you going to claim from his insurence or is he going to pay for the damage him self? least he owned up or you would have to stump up for the repairs
Old 11 February 2007, 05:58 PM
rabskyline
Scooby Regular

you actually have been lucky when you think about it ! he could have pissed off quite easily ! and you would have been left to pay !! so not all bad is it ?? always look on the bright side of life !( whistle whistle !)
Old 11 February 2007, 06:01 PM
rpw
Scooby Regular

im defo going through the insurance i want a new door dont want no filler putting on the cars only done 1400 miles im gutted but i no what insurance comapines are like so i no it will be filled and spayed
Old 11 February 2007, 06:02 PM
milf hunter
Scooby Regular

MY07STI as a dent in rear door thanks to a numpty drive
but i did find out who did it
Old 11 February 2007, 06:22 PM
Smifster
Scooby Regular

Gutted mate. At least he had the ***** to come and find you.
Old 11 February 2007, 06:25 PM
New_scooby_04

At the end of the day the guy had an off moment (we've all had one, most of the time, we get away with it without incident) at least he was good enough to come and find you and make sure you aren't out of pocket for his mistake. If only more were like him.

Completely understand your annoyance; I would be annoyed too. However, I would have shook his hand for having the ***** and decency to admit it and get it sorted.

However, lets not all get too judgemental and start lamenting "bad drivers" on here. People who have off moments and do the honorable thing aren't a problem, to$$ers who damage your car and just drive off are!!

If we come across as being non receptive to deceny on here, we can expect more of the latter and less of the former!

Hope the damage is fixed quickly.

Ns04
Old 11 February 2007, 06:41 PM
rpw
Scooby Regular

i totally agree im just gutted

cheers
Old 11 February 2007, 07:01 PM
Chris_B_WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rpw
went in mc donalds

Seriously though, as has been said before, hats off to the chap for owning up.

Hope it's not too long before it's sorted.
Old 12 February 2007, 07:31 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

It's worth bearing in mind that if you go through your insurance your premium will go up next year and for the following 4 years after that. It may not have been your fault, you wont loose any no claims bonus BUT you will be seen as a higher risk and next years premium adjusted accordingly.

It seems unfair but it's what will happen.
Old 12 February 2007, 07:47 AM
ROOBY_ROO
Scooby Regular

accidents do happen m8, he was probably admiring the car that much thinking god id love one of those, when bang, ooops.
but surley he will if he claims of the guys insurence who did it he will be fine as his wont be forking out, or is it just another way of insurence companies milking a bit more cash out of us.
Old 12 February 2007, 08:34 AM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

thats right mate as the car was parked when the bloke hit it and you got his details your insurance will not get affected
fair play to the bloke for owning up many would not have bothered
Old 12 February 2007, 08:36 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ROOBY_ROO
accidents do happen m8, he was probably admiring the car that much thinking god id love one of those, when bang, ooops.
but surley he will if he claims of the guys insurence who did it he will be fine as his wont be forking out, or is it just another way of insurence companies milking a bit more cash out of us.

If your car is involved in an incident it is seen as a higher risk to the insurer. Your premium therefore increases. You dont loose your no claims discount but it your premium goes up.

That's why they ask if you have had any claims in the last 5 years fault or non fault.
Old 12 February 2007, 09:46 AM
dazza30
Scooby Regular

my girlfriend nearly had a bang she was in left hand near leigh school and this stupid lady was in the right lane traffic lights went green and my girlfriend went to go till this lady turned left down a slip rd and nearly hit her car so my girlfriend shouted at her and stupid lady just sat there thats when my otherarf swore her head of and made the lady reverse her car
Old 12 February 2007, 09:49 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
If your car is involved in an incident it is seen as a higher risk to the insurer. Your premium therefore increases. You dont loose your no claims discount but it your premium goes up.

That's why they ask if you have had any claims in the last 5 years fault or non fault.
That's right. However, if they raise your premium by any more than a few quid, take your business elsewhere- there are companies out there who will happily charge you less! The most imp thing is your NCB by far!

Ns04
Old 12 February 2007, 09:56 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

but that few quid can add up over 5 years.....It's just something which is worth bearing in mind. A £300 repair which you claim through the other guys insurance suddenly doesn't become quite such a good idea.
Old 12 February 2007, 10:02 AM
MonkiP1
Scooby Regular

I hope the scooby gets sorted soon. Least it was a door and not the rear quarter.

Monki.
Old 12 February 2007, 10:25 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Feel sorry for you, but at least he owned up. If he offers to pony up for the repair, I would just let him. It will be fast and painless, and you get to stipulate who does the repair and where.

Whether he offers or not will all depend on what sort of car he was in. If its in a low insurance group his excess will be low. So chances are he will want to go through an insurance company.

Last edited by Luminous; 12 February 2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Oh and of course how old he is will determine your chances too :)
Old 12 February 2007, 10:30 AM
GeeJayDoubleYou
Scooby Regular

yep, i hate bad drivers .
but at least he had the decency to stop and tell you.......im sure his insurance will be very happy about that!
Old 12 February 2007, 11:06 AM
rpw
Scooby Regular

well just sorted it out this moring as the insurance company is closed on a sunday and all u get is a call centre who logs the accident, ive gone through the insurance and made it clear to them that its not my fault and because the car is brand new and has only been on the road for a month i therefore want it back to its original state not filled and then sprayed so that it looks as good as new i want it back how it was which was new thats the main reason im so gutted at the end of the day i didnt do it so why should i not get a new door or a new skin if thats possible? coz every time i look at it now it just wont feel new anymore if i know that part of one of the doors is just filler and i spent all day the sat before whilst we had a bit of decent weather waxing it and now i just feel depressed
Old 12 February 2007, 11:07 AM
rpw
Scooby Regular

in fact does anyone on here work for an insurance company? do you know whether they will bodge it or will it have a new door as my insurance company isnt paying for it?
Old 12 February 2007, 12:05 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Take the car to a local insurance authorised garage and ask what they would do to fix the car. They will tell you what they would do and no doubt that's what will happen.

Your ideal and what the insurers will insist on may be two different things.

I wouldnt get upset till I had done the above though.
Old 12 February 2007, 12:17 PM
rpw
Scooby Regular

i was going to take it back to the subaru dealer where i bought the car but the insurance has told me this will increase the time to get the car fixed so i should be getting a phone call today from the garage that is fixing it so when i take it down there i will have to ask them but i no it just wont be the same if they dont put the door to exactly how it was and should be its alright for the person who hit my car he was in a crappy old van!
Old 12 February 2007, 12:34 PM
teamheath2
Scooby Regular

Default I know it is not about crap drivers!!!

My Mrs was driving our 98' Classic through Tesco car park the other day and some Trolley Wally (with Sunglasses and his walkman on might I add!!!!) couldn't control all the trolleys he had and one went into the rear passenger door, anyway, this guy then carried on as if nothing happened so my Mrs got out and called him over to show him what he had done, they then went in to speak to the manager.

We are still waiting for a call from Tesco's insurance company, they are having a laugh if they think I am paying for it cos that idiot couldn't control a few trolleys!!!!!!!!!

The Subaru garage round the corner reckons it will be the best part of £300 to fix it as it has stretched the metal!!!!!!!!!
Old 12 February 2007, 12:40 PM
rpw
Scooby Regular

have they said how they will fix it?
Old 12 February 2007, 12:48 PM
teamheath2
Scooby Regular

Not yet,

and I still haven't heard from them, I called the store and spoke to the manager and he said that the claims side didnt have details yet!!!! He said give it another week and if I have heard nothing, then call them back.

He did say that the way they normally work is for me to go and get a few quotes for it, send them over to them and then they tell me which one to take it to!!!

So I will have to see, gonna get the quotes as hi as poss though, with the best job possible!!!!
Old 12 February 2007, 12:51 PM
Bat-Fink
Scooby Regular

Fair play to the geezer for owning up I say.
Old 12 February 2007, 12:56 PM
rpw
Scooby Regular

dont blame you at all, if i had hit someone else then i could live with the fact there had been damage to my car but as someone else has done it its killing me, have the garage said what they would do to fix? and like i said already it is fair play to the guy for owning up im not having a go about that or the fact it was an accident

Last edited by rpw; 12 February 2007 at 12:58 PM.

Quick Reply: dont u hate crap drivers!!