PPP worth it ??

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2007, 09:37 AM
johnnyg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP worth it ??

Been thinking about fitting PPP to my 2.5 06WRX

I'm confused and would appreciate any advice.

Looking at the figures, PPP appears to give more HP and Torque, but the actual acceleration figures aren't dramatically improved.....So, does it just make the car easier to drive, ie improved "pull" in higher gears ?..if it does, then for £1700 I'd be happy to change down now and again..or, does the car feel genuinely "quicker" ?

Tried to locate a PPP'd car at a dealer to test drive, but none available locally.

Opinions from members with PPP fitted would be most welcome.

Cheers...
Old 06 February 2007, 09:50 AM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

Hi mate i have a 55 plate wrx and was considering PPP A way to look at is this, A wrx PPP aparently has the legs on the standard STi on blobeyes anyway not sure bout the new Japseye 2.5. I assume the 2.5 will be the same unless im corrected. PPP would def be worth it tho the figures my not look dramatically improved but i have been in a ppp wrx and the diff is extreamly noticeable thro your ****. Ofcourse the best route would be decat wi walbro fuel pump and a ECUTEK 3 and that will be quick your lookin at around 280-300 bhp. and that little lot will only set you back £550 for remap plus the cost of exhaust depending on what you want. Lets just say prob round about £1000 pounds and a hell of alot more fun and power. Just make sure your local garage is Mod friendly when it comes to warranty. Mines is getting done on the 12th of march by Andy forrest.
Old 07 February 2007, 04:02 PM
johnnyg
Scooby Regular

Thanks swrt.....has anyone actually had ppp fitted to a my06 ?...no-one else got an opinion ?