Sponsored by:

Dodgy Advertisements..

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2007, 12:31 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodgy Advertisements..

Have been noticing lots of ads from Keighly Trade & Performance in Autotrader latey.

I only came across them after a mate decided he wanted to get a Subaru as well (no doubt from my constant chatter about em) and pointed me in the direction of several ads in this weeks online Autotrader.

One particular one caught my attention:

2005 05 Reg SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 WRX STi V9 Type UK
4 Doors, Manual 6 speed, Saloon, Petrol, 5,000 miles, Metallic Crystal Grey. Air Bags, Power Steering, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Remote Central Locking, Factory Fitted STi Suede Bucket Seats, Climate Control, Air Condition, Radio Cassette+CD Player, DCDC, Central Diff Control, Intercooler Water Spray, Twin Scroll Turbo, 17" Gold Subaru Alloy Wheels, Stainless Steel Exhaust, Front Fog Lights, Pod Gauges, Brembo Brakes, 1 Owner, UK CAR
They are asking £15k I think.. but that advert just looks wrong, also take a look at this particular image:

Something tells me thats not an engine thats done 5000, more like 50,000 miles!

After reading some of the posts on here about Keighley I am going to assume:

1. They import crash damage/stolen recovered vehicles and knock them off as new imports or UK cars
2. They buy clapped out high milers and digitally clock back the mileage (not hard to do)
3. They are like the plague and should be shutdown

Any opinions on the above?

Adios,

Fz
Old 26 January 2007, 12:38 AM
34srm
Scooby Regular

best thing to do is stop looking at there ads, you might get tempted, how they stay in business i dont no with all the bad reports they get,
and its not just on here have a look on lancer register same bad reports about them on there,

SO DONT CONSIDER IT, IT WOULD APEAR YOU WILL BE SORRY IF YOU DO
Old 26 January 2007, 01:56 AM
pac3y
Scooby Regular

I went down there last week and test drove an impreza wrx sti ppp in blue with the graphics the car smelt horrible inside and the guy who worked there was taking corners at 80mph on an industrial estate!! safe to say i didnt buy it!

They do however have some really nice cars to look in the showroom but you do get the gut feeling that most things are dodgy. Outside they have a line of old subarus and theres not one with out slashed tyres or cracked windscreens etc

I would from personal experiance not buy a car from there at all im sure most people would agree that have seen there stock outside
Old 26 January 2007, 02:21 AM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

doubt its done 5K with the amount of stone chips on the intercooler, engine bay is grubby but thats prob down to that green sh*t they spray all over it when new and if it does have a twin scroll its deff an import as the uk cars have the VF35 fitted

Graeme