A question for RUM*

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2000, 12:47 AM
RB170
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Mungo

You can always quote my case to them and ask them to practice what they preach.

Mike
Old 14 November 2000, 08:12 AM
RB170
Scooby Regular

Angry

RUM*

As you know I still haven't sent through my proof of no claims the reason being I STILL haven't received it from Direct Line. They've cancelled my policy and sent me confirmation but when I ask them about my no claims they say "We are sorry sir we must have forgotten to send it, we'll send it first class tomorrow". My question is what's the problem, why can't they send me the bloody confirmation? Do insurance company get paid interest or something on NCB's? Is there some kind of revenue involved.

Help

Mike
Old 14 November 2000, 08:22 AM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

*LMAO*

As far as I am aware there is no interest involved....if there is, I guess I better get on the band wagon!!!

Seriously tho, as soon as you cancel a policy certain insurers/brokers have a tendancy to immediately lose interest in your business (good customer care...NOT!) and hence are not often too bothered whether they return the required documents within the timescale that you require.

With regard to your policy, I confirm that everything is in order, I believe we have sent it out to you and basically, so long as we manage to receive the Proof of Bonus (POB) prior to next renewal (I hope that Direct Line can manage that deadline ) there will be no problems.

I would hope that my company would react quickly to all client enquiries...at the end of the day if we lose a customer, we want to be in a position to approach the client again at the next renewal in an attempt to win their business back...I hasten to add, that (touching wood) we don't lose customers that often ....but I would say that, wouldn't I ??!!

All I can suggest is that you keep chasing - and if its not received by the end of the week, give me a ring, and I'll speak to the appropriate "powers that be" and put a dump valve where the sun don't shine.....

All the best...

Rum

* Edited due to loads of early morning typos*

[This message has been edited by Rum* (edited 14 November 2000).]
Old 14 November 2000, 08:41 AM
RB170
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Thanks for the response RUM.

Direct Line are shooting themselves in the foot because my wife still has a policy with them on her 206 which I'm coming very close to cancelling. Maybe they should take a leaf from your book and actually find out what Customer Service is...

Mike
Old 14 November 2000, 09:22 AM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Cool

Mike,

Unfortunately I think its the nature of the beast....the size of the company doesn't help them in these sort of instances.

Re customer care I think and hope we have it just about right...more to the point everyone in the office knows that if I get wind of a customer care issue they will have to answer to the "Wrath of Rum"

Look forward to hearing from you in due course.

All the best.

Tom

P.S. We have had one complaint in the last 7 years ! And to be honest I think I could probably argue that case in our favour anyway
Old 14 November 2000, 10:04 AM
Scott J Davies
Scooby Regular

Talking

Mike

Had exactly the same problem last year with my Chimera, its like we haven't got your business anymore so customer service goes out the window.

Hi Tom

Missed you at Donno, have you got my quote please!!

SJD
Old 14 November 2000, 11:18 AM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

Angry

And I've just had Direct Line throwing their toys out of the pram because it had taken AXA a month to send me my proof of no claims. Seems like they only like being on one side of the fence.