Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another one of my babies going today........

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2007, 02:37 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another one of my babies going today........

Well,about 3 months ago i bought my first Impreza..........a UK Classic Turbo (1 Owner,FSH,63K DBM and totally standard) but a friend has decided he wanted to buy it,so as he offered a fair price for it,he can have it.

But what to replace it with.................i initially only bought it as a cheap winter runaround and because i had never had one,and i must say,i was more impressed by it than what i thought i would be,so finding a replacement has proved quite difficult...................especially as i went through a lot of performance cars last year.

So,after looking at a couple of the options i had in mind and being a bit dissappointed with them TBH i have decided to stay in the fold!!!

The "new" one is hopefully going to be another one owner car but this time a modded 2003 STI PPP it's just a shame that i cannot go and look at it and buy it until 27th January......................which means i have to drive the wife's 1.9d(non turbo) Berlingo Multispace until then
Old 15 January 2007, 05:22 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

What mods does it have?

(and don't forget to post a difference classic vs newage, just to start a storm up! )
Old 15 January 2007, 07:21 PM
paul2070
Scooby Regular

As i say mate,i bought it completely standard as a cheap winter runabout with no intention of doing any mods....................well that lasted until i started using this site,so it ended up with a Hayward + Scott exhaust with Centre Decat(i was only going to buy some rubber mats for it!!) and that made so much difference on it's own.

Then i bought some 18" Anthracite Inovit Redlines from a Group Buy on here,put some Toyo's on those,and other than that,just some Clear Side Repeaters and Clear Front Indicators.

So,my "cheap" winter runaround ended up having about £2000 spent on it by the time i put a tracker on it,done 2 services and had the MAF and Lambda sensors done

I loved it...........................and now it's gone ,but as i say,if i get the new one,i will be a very happy bunny again .................hopefully!!!