What do you think of this?

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2007, 01:34 PM
iamleo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of this?

Autotrader - SUBARU IMPREZA sti 2.0 turbo

I emailed the guy and asked if there was any history or proof of mileage to which he said:

hello yes we do still have the sti, unfortunatly we do not have history with the car as it is a import so cant guarantee mileage 100% however looking at the condition of the vehicle there is no reasons to suggest that it has been messed around with ,it is still running in kms on the clock best regards eddie
Is this normal? or should i forget it? i might go and have a look at it saturday and possibly test drive it, only problem is i have never driven a scooby or even a turbo for that matter, any tips? even if this isnt worth the cash id still like to check it out etc as it will offically the first scooby i go to look at.

Thanks in advance
Old 14 January 2007, 03:59 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by iamleo
Autotrader - SUBARU IMPREZA sti 2.0 turbo

I emailed the guy and asked if there was any history or proof of mileage to which he said:

Is this normal? or should i forget it? i might go and have a look at it saturday and possibly test drive it, only problem is i have never driven a scooby or even a turbo for that matter, any tips? even if this isnt worth the cash id still like to check it out etc as it will offically the first scooby i go to look at.

Thanks in advance
where abouts are you buying it from?
Old 14 January 2007, 04:09 PM
maci
Scooby Regular

My to cents on this: I'd suggest you take a look at it, but do not immediately jump into a buy I'm saying this as I do not know what cars have you driven before, but if you didn't drive smth strong, you might be tempted to buy the first scoob you'll try - I know as I had that 3 years ago, coudn't stop driving the testcar....

Find some other similar specced cars and test drive a few more, then you'll have a base of comparison.
Old 15 January 2007, 05:28 PM
iamleo
Scooby Newbie

chocolate_o_brian, the car/garage is in Tamworth, about 3 mins from my house.

maci yeh thats good advice, i have never driven anything like a scoob so i know i will be tempted instantly, the good thing is its going to be a few weeks until i can actualy decide and buy. I am more worried about looking like a fool due to been nervos/exicted/anxious about driving it.

A big thing thats bugging me is can a car like that one, scooby.. be used as "just a car" - i work from home so i hardly drive at all anyway, but for the times i do drive i want it to be the scooby.. but i dont want to buy a car thats going to cost a bomb to run.. but surely if i hardly drive the running costs cant be that bad? for example now... £40 fuel in my 1.1 saxo (i know, i know) will last probley.... a month or more.
Old 15 January 2007, 07:13 PM
the_msp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by iamleo
for example now... £40 fuel in my 1.1 saxo (i know, i know) will last probley.... a month or more.
I used £70 in my 95 JDM WRX between 9pm fri night and 3am sunday morning

Went no further than 20 miles from my home... yet covered around 260 miles...

With a heavy right foot I get 180 miles to the tank (50 litres) ... with an easy right foot I get around 310... but that's boring

I knew before I bought it it wasn't going to be an economical car, and expected around 20mpg. I bought it back in november and has cost me a few bob, mainly due to my own unnecessary modding, clutch went in it before xmas which didn't help the bank balance.