Sponsored by:

Owning a Subaru.

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2007, 10:59 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owning a Subaru.

Is owning a Subaru just about owning a car or is it a way of life? Given the lengths some people go to I am suspecting the latter.
Old 05 January 2007, 11:02 PM
Wildcat
Scooby Regular

A way of life. I love my Scooby and wouldn't be without it. It would be cool if they run on air though
Old 05 January 2007, 11:41 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

way of life.

Scared to boot it in case the engine melts.
Scared to leave it a car park in case it gets nicked.
Scared to take it out cos it does about 8 to the gallon if it hasnt melted on the drive or hasnt been nicked because you park it up.
Scared to ask the insurance man "what body part this year?"

But after all said and done I FOOKIN LOVE THEM !!!!!!!

PS: Any one seen the summer lately???
Old 05 January 2007, 11:42 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

It's not like owning a Fiesta, that's for sure!
Old 06 January 2007, 10:53 AM
theboy
Scooby Regular

I think its both, its a way of life if your one here on going out for a drive on your own or with others. But it can also be my sensible four door car for transporting my family around without the need to boot it every time a boy racer or rep pulls up at side of me
Old 06 January 2007, 11:11 AM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Up until last September I would have said it was just about owning a car, then mine got stolen....
I had the insurance cheque in my hot little hands and was debating the pros and cons of owning a Subaru again, what it boiled down to was I couldn't think of another car I could buy that would put a smile on my face every time I drove it. I could have bought a newer, cheaper to run, less-attractive-to-theives car but I knew deep down I would not be happy...it would just be a car, a means of getting from A to B.
I still miss my old Classic loads but driving my new one has me grinning like a Cheshire cat, if I am in a mood about something I know I can get in the car and within ten minutes I will be laughing.
So yes for me it is a way of life
Old 06 January 2007, 11:36 AM
Steve Fort
Scooby Regular

I had Subarus for a few years, and then went 3 years owning a whole range of different cars (M3, VR6, Quick(ish) Fords. Now i've found myself back with a scoob.
They are definatly a way of life, and much more than owning a normal car.
My car is always a talking point, both at work, out with mates or family. Whenever you park it up, you look back at it before walking away (sad?!)

Scoobs just have that x factor that other manufacturers cannot match.

ps, lets face it, all impreza turbo's are owned by car enthusiasts, what does that tell you?!
Old 06 January 2007, 12:01 PM
donnas roo
Scooby Regular

Scared to boot it in case the engine melts.
Scared to leave it a car park in case it gets nicked.
Scared to take it out cos it does about 8 to the gallon if it hasnt melted on the drive or hasnt been nicked because you park it up.
Scared to ask the insurance man "what body part this year?"

But after all said and done I FOOKIN LOVE THEM !!!!!!!

PS: Any one seen the summer lately???[/QUOTE]

It must be a woman thing. I am exactly the same, but you forgot the wider parking spaces so as no-one can ping your doors.

Definately way of life/obsession call it what you like. I LOVE IT
Old 06 January 2007, 12:04 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Way of life - I never used to enjoy the trip home from work ! Now will happily go a longer route if it's on the open road. Think the burble has a lot to do with it !

Spent over two hours washing and polishing Scoob yesterday. Came out to do Carnuba wax today to find car wet from overnight rain. "Chamoised" the car dry, but it started to rain again. Didn't stop me - just started drying the car as it rained, figuring it was a light shower !
Old 06 January 2007, 12:05 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

it is a way of life. i believe i have a genuine obsession with them. im in debt due to buying three, writing one off, killing another one and trying to pay the third one off now. so defo something that draws me to them. between 2dn and 3rd, i had my well publicised pug 106 diesel, only for a bout 7 weeks, but i was genuinly getting depressed.

if anything ever happened to the current one i think id want burying next to it. the mrs knows shes second best to a piece of japanese engineering at the moment.

andy
Old 06 January 2007, 12:07 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
it is a way of life. i believe i have a genuine obsession with them. im in debt due to buying three, writing one off, killing another one and trying to pay the third one off now. so defo something that draws me to them. between 2dn and 3rd, i had my well publicised pug 106 diesel, only for a bout 7 weeks, but i was genuinly getting depressed.

if anything ever happened to the current one i think id want burying next to it. the mrs knows shes second best to a piece of japanese engineering at the moment.

andy
Old 06 January 2007, 12:10 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

in fact as its only cloudy until 4pm when i think its supposed to rain in scunny, i may go polish her, just to see her for 5 minutes absolutley clean. the car not the mrs

she got a good rubbing down at 6.30am this morning to her suprise
Old 06 January 2007, 12:14 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

in fact as its only cloudy until 4pm when i think its supposed to rain in scunny, i may go polish her, just to see her for 5 minutes absolutley clean. the car not the mrs

Still think polishing a nice bird is more fun !
Old 06 January 2007, 01:15 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Reaffirms my own sentiments. It was a cynical way of justifying my own paranoia but the above posts have confirmed I'm not alone. Heck life would be a lot easier (and cheaper) if one could dispense with the Impreza infatuation, and have a run of the mill car. However we can easily justify the trouble and expense we go to by the feeling we get when behind the wheel. A question to the elder statesmen present, is this obsession something you grow out of?

Maz
Old 06 January 2007, 01:37 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Maz have you never heard "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys"?
Old 06 January 2007, 01:43 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Reaffirms my own sentiments. It was a cynical way of justifying my own paranoia but the above posts have confirmed I'm not alone. Heck life would be a lot easier (and cheaper) if one could dispense with the Impreza infatuation, and have a run of the mill car. However we can easily justify the trouble and expense we go to by the feeling we get when behind the wheel. A question to the elder statesmen present, is this obsession something you grow out of?

Maz

I wouldnt count myself as one of the elder statesmen just yet , but being closer to 40 than 30, I would have to say that you never grow out of it.
I cant think of a 4 door family saloon car that has the same appeal and grin factor that my scoob has. I do the same journey into and back from work pretty much every day, and without fail, it always puts me in a better mood.

and on the odd occasion, I have been known to drive like a complete tool and boot it like an 18 year old
Old 06 January 2007, 07:18 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by SwissTony
I wouldnt count myself as one of the elder statesmen just yet , but being closer to 40 than 30, I would have to say that you never grow out of it.
I cant think of a 4 door family saloon car that has the same appeal and grin factor that my scoob has. I do the same journey into and back from work pretty much every day, and without fail, it always puts me in a better mood.

and on the odd occasion, I have been known to drive like a complete tool and boot it like an 18 year old

Many more years to follow then!
Old 06 January 2007, 08:41 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

It's just a car.

Except that it attracts scum and chavs, so I have keep that in mind when parking in shyte holes.

Other than that I just drive it, moan about the mpg, 6month oil changes, 3year cambelts (classic), lag, crap off-boost drivability, girly steering and the "I might kill you today, or maybe tomorrow" handling.

Hmm, maybe it is a way of life afterall
Old 06 January 2007, 09:40 PM
immprezz'd
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by theboy
I think its both, its a way of life if your one here on going out for a drive on your own or with others. But it can also be my sensible four door car for transporting my family around without the need to boot it every time a boy racer or rep pulls up at side of me
same for me, thats why i got a wagon.
Old 06 January 2007, 11:35 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Is owning a Subaru just about owning a car or is it a way of life? Given the lengths some people go to I am suspecting the latter.

The phrase "way of life" is exactly how i describe it when people ask me.
Alot of my daily routine can revolve around the car, mainly due to the theiving ******* that tend to dominate nowadays.

Still i'm not ready to give her up just yet.
Old 22 March 2007, 07:51 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Default FAO Bluto22b.

People are quite passionate about their Subarus which is why so many got rubbed up the wrong way with your thread starter.
Old 22 March 2007, 07:54 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't go as far to say that it's a way of life but it is very enjoyable.

It's certainly an enthusiasts car.

Iv'e enjoyed it, though it will shortly be coming to an end.

Rob
Old 09 July 2011, 11:19 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

What a silly thread everyone knows Ev*s cost even more...

LoL

dunx
Old 10 July 2011, 12:04 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bit of a deep question lad for a Saturday evening

It must be a way of life, I have to have my fix of impreza no matter what car I have had my fair share of super cars R8 997 turbo LP560 etc and none of them give em the same driving experience as the Spec c!!
That's why I will always find myself in an Impreza.
Plus it reminds of the days when I couldn't afford super cars and keeps me grounded.

Don't think I'll ever out grow impreza's ,but the way things are going they will probs out grow me. They are getting bigger and more refined..........If I wanted refinement I would buy an Audi.

Immy
Old 10 July 2011, 09:33 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by juggers

It must be a way of life, I have to have my fix of impreza no matter what car I have had my fair share of super cars R8 997 turbo LP560 etc and none of them give em the same driving experience as the Spec c!!
Plus it reminds of the days when I couldn't afford super cars and keeps me grounded.

Don't think I'll ever out grow impreza's ,but the way things are going they will probs out grow me. They are getting bigger and more refined..........If I wanted refinement I would buy an Audi.

Immy

It was a Friday....four years ago!
Old 10 July 2011, 10:02 AM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers

Immy
I bought a audi, but a type r for track .
Old 10 July 2011, 11:54 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Hey Andy, have I missed something? Are you back in the Scoob fold? Thought you had a Merc
Old 10 July 2011, 12:15 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Hey Andy, have I missed something? Are you back in the Scoob fold? Thought you had a Merc
Yeh what happend to the barge, did it sink.

And what you got now.. a shiny tool
Old 10 July 2011, 01:35 PM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
6th jan 07 , still had a scoob
Old 10 July 2011, 02:47 PM
wrx-kurt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wildcat
A way of life. I love my Scooby and wouldn't be without it. It would be cool if they run on air though
I'm glad that someone else thinks like me

But it's defo a way of life, on my 4th one now.

Last edited by wrx-kurt; 10 July 2011 at 02:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Owning a Subaru.