differences between

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2007, 03:00 PM
bagpipes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question differences between

This has probably been covered before but hear goes,
What would be the differences between a 04 spec C limited, 04 JDM STI and the UK 04 STI, dose any of you no if there is any spec sheets going about that I can compare as I cant find any and would like to no a lot more about the spec C?

Any help would be great
Old 05 January 2007, 03:29 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

use the search function on the tool bar
Old 05 January 2007, 03:43 PM
bagpipes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pippyrips
use the search function on the tool bar
I have but not having much luck
Old 05 January 2007, 07:01 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

No need to check ... you really, really want the Spec C

TX.
Old 05 January 2007, 07:02 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

This might help

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ghlight=spec+c

TX.
Old 05 January 2007, 07:10 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spec C (any version) has a different (bigger) ported manifold (better air flow), Lightweight glass, smaller 50 ltr fuel tank over the standard JDM car, no sound proofing, engine and transmission oil coolers, bigger anti roll bars, different suspension (eibach springs etc) 12ltr water tank in the boot, looses out on a couple of the luxuries like engine rev bleeper, has an uprated rollerbearing VF36 turbocharger (twin scroll) then pretty much everything else is the same (except it has a different geometry setup over any other scoob of this year, 10mm longer and has a different subframe for weight reduction).

The real differences are between the JDM and the UK, to start with the JDM has more power, twin scroll turbo, quick rack steering A-DCCD (not on every car of this year though) uprated engine running hypereuetic pistons (considerably stronger than the UK's forged ones), the engine is 80% different (parts etc) then you get the extras on the JDM's like the rear wiper (not on the spec c though), overall the JDM is just a better all round car, its ECU is better than anything that has been before (jdm STi wise) and can run happily on UK super unleaded fuel (it retards itself down so you loose some power) and is very tunable

Tony
Old 06 January 2007, 10:50 AM
bagpipes
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers for the comments, Iain Litchfield has supplied me with all the info that I need, its looking good, might be going for a spec C

Will keep you all posted
Old 06 January 2007, 04:48 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Also talk to PCM who posts on here as he has Spec C's for sale.

Stocklist - Performance Centre Manchester

TX.
Old 06 January 2007, 05:23 PM
wrc350+
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Spec C (any version) has a different (bigger) ported manifold (better air flow), Lightweight glass, smaller 50 ltr fuel tank over the standard JDM car, no sound proofing, engine and transmission oil coolers, bigger anti roll bars, different suspension (eibach springs etc) 12ltr water tank in the boot, looses out on a couple of the luxuries like engine rev bleeper, has an uprated rollerbearing VF36 turbocharger (twin scroll) then pretty much everything else is the same (except it has a different geometry setup over any other scoob of this year, 10mm longer and has a different subframe for weight reduction).

The real differences are between the JDM and the UK, to start with the JDM has more power, twin scroll turbo, quick rack steering A-DCCD (not on every car of this year though) uprated engine running hypereuetic pistons (considerably stronger than the UK's forged ones), the engine is 80% different (parts etc) then you get the extras on the JDM's like the rear wiper (not on the spec c though), overall the JDM is just a better all round car, its ECU is better than anything that has been before (jdm STi wise) and can run happily on UK super unleaded fuel (it retards itself down so you loose some power) and is very tunable

Tony
excuse my ignorance but why oil coolers? mines a uk sti producing over400bhp no need for coolers acording to my tuner because i dont need them
Old 06 January 2007, 06:25 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

The Spec C is the base car used for rallying ... means that you don't need to add an oil cooler further down the line

TX.