Sponsored by:

SCUMMY EBAY !!

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2007, 06:31 PM
rabskyline
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCUMMY EBAY !!

I PUT IN MY FOR SALE AD THAT MY CAR WAS ADVERTISED LOCALLY AS I ALWAYS DO AND THE ******* REMOVED IT. NOW IF I HAD OF KNOWN IT WASNT ALLOWED TO DO THIS THEN I WOULD HAVE LEFT IT OUT. BUT NO, EBAY CHOPPED IT OUT AND I WILL HAVE TO REDO THE WHOLE AD FROM SCRATCH AGAIN ! WHATS WRONG WITH AN EMAIL STATING ,AMMEND YOUR AD DETAIL ?? LOADFS OF BUGGERS ON THERE ADD IN THE LIKES OF " NOT EVO,WRX,HONDA,BMW " ETC ETC ALL THE TIME AND SEEM TO NEVER GET CAUGHT !!! I AM GOING OFF EBAY IN A BIG WAY THESE DAYS !!!!!!!
Old 02 January 2007, 06:34 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

just put "I reserve the right to end at any time" (ebay allow that for some reason??? ) p.s. your caps lock is on.
Old 02 January 2007, 06:49 PM
rabskyline
Scooby Regular

oops sorry !
Old 02 January 2007, 06:52 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Bar stewards aren't they, wait 'til someone rips your off and see what their buddies paypal do about it.

Kind request though: When rewriting your ad, please please please please don't type it all out with caps lock on. It is so unreadable when it is, and so many people on there do it along with children's-book sized fonts and garish colours. God forbid if any of them worked for an advertising agency

Last edited by Shark Man; 02 January 2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02 January 2007, 07:01 PM
Scooby Regular

ive seen loads before saying advertised elsewere so may remove at anytime.is this a new thing on ebay or are they just getting shirty on people selling cars
Old 02 January 2007, 07:18 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

they ended my auction with 11 minutes to go because of word association. Appreciate they have their rules but why cant they just edit the bits they are not happy with or send an email asking you to change the bits that they deem to break the conditions of advertising.

Too inconsistent for my liking
Old 02 January 2007, 07:34 PM
rabskyline
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shark Man
Bar stewards aren't they, wait 'til someone rips your off and see what their buddies paypal do about it.

Kind request though: When rewriting your ad, please please please please don't type it all out with caps lock on. It is so unreadable when it is, and so many people on there do it along with children's-book sized fonts and garish colours. God forbid if any of them worked for an advertising agency
oops, better go and change it to small letters ( thats why the caps lock was still on )
Old 02 January 2007, 07:57 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

It sounds like someone has reported you for 'Keyword Spamming' and to be fair it is very annoying if you are doing a search for a specific item and it throws up tons of results that are irrelevant.
Old 02 January 2007, 08:19 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Whilst on the Ebay subject.

Does anyone know why Ebay are deleting all the PS3 auctions, do a search yourselves, they are only lasting for a few hours.

I don't have one to sell, nor do I want to buy one yet ...... Well maybe if the price was right ..... But noticed someone had in their advert to keep his number written down as Ebay were knocking PS3 auctions .
Old 02 January 2007, 08:22 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

There are millions and millions of adverts on ebay, just deleting them is a lot easier for them than sending out 2934723894 emails saying please amend because of .... etc, Its just unfortunate that when they do, you cant get your old add back, you have to re-write it. But at least they dont charge you for the one they removed!
Old 02 January 2007, 08:29 PM
agent003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Nate*
Whilst on the Ebay subject.

Does anyone know why Ebay are deleting all the PS3 auctions, do a search yourselves, they are only lasting for a few hours.

I don't have one to sell, nor do I want to buy one yet ...... Well maybe if the price was right ..... But noticed someone had in their advert to keep his number written down as Ebay were knocking PS3 auctions .
This could be the case on the .co.uk one beacuse they are not released here has yet hence sony must of given them a ring in regards to this... Britain must wait in the queue.
Old 02 January 2007, 08:31 PM
rabskyline
Scooby Regular

i wasnt keywoed spamming as someone just said i wrote " ADVERTISED ELSEWHERE " NOT HONDA, BMW STI, WRX, ETC ETC...PERFECTLY INNOCENT AND NOT SPAMMING ! i hate that too !! its pish when yo utype in impreza and get an evo or bmw aswell !
Old 02 January 2007, 08:32 PM
silent running
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ebay are crooks. I've had a fair few auctions ended without any prior notice, they don't even bother to save your wordings. They've recently changed their rules so that if you list on ebay, you're not allowed to sell your item in any other way. What bull****.
Old 02 January 2007, 08:43 PM
agent003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by silent running
Ebay are crooks. I've had a fair few auctions ended without any prior notice, they don't even bother to save your wordings. They've recently changed their rules so that if you list on ebay, you're not allowed to sell your item in any other way. What bull****.
Not true m8 ... Most people only put that in so that they dont pay the reserve fees...... more to that its also an auction site not a magazine that you advertise here and there.

Wouldent you be well pissed of if you were bidding on a car for a few days and it gets removed in the end ... what a waste of time you just had bidding on that when you could of been bidding on something else

As for the wordings...I always sketch myne on front page or word hence always backed up in case of such eventualities.
Old 02 January 2007, 09:14 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Ebay announced that they had banned auctions on the PS3 until they had become available in the UK. They did not agree with the inflated prices and profits that were being made. Ironic when it's an auction site but fair play to them.
Old 02 January 2007, 10:47 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RLE
Ebay announced that they had banned auctions on the PS3 until they had become available in the UK. They did not agree with the inflated prices and profits that were being made. Ironic when it's an auction site but fair play to them.
Fair play my ar$e - that statement is total rubbish when you look at the prices Wii's have been going for ! Ebay are benefiting by the increased fees they get when someone sells a Wii for 300quid. Sony must have had words.
Old 02 January 2007, 11:52 PM
Smiler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RLE
I heard itr was because Sony do not yet permit the sale of PS3's in the UK.
Old 03 January 2007, 12:40 AM
Jonno_johnson
Scooby Regular

Ebay are becoming worse and worse when it comes down to listings, either that or some sad jobsworth go around looking for faults in any ads and rerport you, sad *******s who ever do that.
Old 03 January 2007, 12:43 AM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Use turbo lister to save your sales then its easy to relist
Old 03 January 2007, 10:15 AM
movi-star
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by every1sgottablue1
Use turbo lister to save your sales then its easy to relist

Yeah Turbo Lister is very useful, I recently upgraded mine to a TD05 20g, so I now list auctions veeeeeeery quick!
Old 03 January 2007, 11:43 AM
94impreza
Scooby Regular

Nobody goes on Ebay to pay a fair price, they all go for bargains. Unless you are prepared to get a poo price for your car i don't see why you actually wanted the auction to end.
Wrx worth £2500 most div's think they can get it for about £1500 on ebay, if they were really after a fair price they'd be on autotrader.
My advice would be to relist with your email and phone number all over it and hike the reserve well over what you'd expect to get for it. You'll get email after email asking what the reserve is, tell them you want £X for it but you are open to offers. Keep the email address's then BCC them all in on an email in the last 24 hours telling them what you want for the car.
Treat ebay as a place to advertise, not to sell.
If it sells before the auction ends then just notify everyone and close it, you don't owe anyone anything.

Last edited by 94impreza; 03 January 2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03 January 2007, 09:07 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Agree fully ....

I also hate the way that loads of 'Classified ads' are creeping in !!!

I know that somewhere you can probably turn off that search feature, but it does annoy me !!
Old 03 January 2007, 11:40 PM
rabskyline
Scooby Regular

lets all plot to turn the barstewards over !
Old 04 January 2007, 10:54 AM
airfix
Scooby Newbie

Angry

My two pennies worth fwiw.

eBay is a giant - far larger then is healthy. It is for this reason that they will always cancel auctions rather then email the seller. Personally I will never use them again - after a couple of years spent gaining 100+ points and 100% postive feedback someone hacked my account and those of several others.

All got their money back except me - I was charged £65 is sellers fees for items i didn't sell and have had debt recovery letters demanding payment or a CCJ. Paypal have demonstrated that I received not a penny from anyone but eBay are still persuing me for fees.

The emails I've had from eBay look automated - totally unpersonal and suggesting that I have been at fault for letting other people use my username and password! ******* - how dare they accuse me of this?! I am the only person with access to my home and to my work computers.

eBay is a piece of shti I strongly recommend you not to buy or sell on it - use it only to advertise (as already said)

Enough said.

AF.
Old 04 January 2007, 11:00 AM
airfix
Scooby Newbie

DPM
Old 04 January 2007, 11:25 AM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

I recently had a listing removed and complained to ebay, this was the email I sent and the response.

Message: Why do you have to remove the listing??? Why couldn't it have been checked as I was listing?

I now have to take the time to relist the item with 'ebay friendly'
terminology when quite frankly the original text was taken out of context in the first place.

I don't know why I am bothering to write this as it will dealt with unsympathetically and the response if any will refer to the T&Cs....

Just remember that when you have a goose that lays golden eggs you have to look after the goose or otherwise it wont lay....

Hello,

Thank you for writing back to eBay in response to your removed listing alert. I am happy to assist you further with your listing for the...........

I understand that you did not intend to violate eBay policy, and I appreciate your intentions to be a great part of the eBay community.
Furthermore, I truly appreciate your honesty and willingness to comply with eBay's policies.

I apologise for any frustration that you are experiencing with regard to the action taken on your listings. Please understand that this is in no way meant to question your exemplary record with us or your good standing in our community. However, we must strive to maintain fair and consistent guidelines amongst all of our members.

When action is taken on a listing, it is to protect our members from activities that are inconsistent with eBay's policies, listing guidelines, or principles. Also we must enforce such policies in an effort to establish an equal playing field for our members.

Additionally, please know that eBay does not review listings while they are being created. Any possible violations are not noted by eBay until they are submitted by another user.

I realise this is not the answer you'd hoped for. I sincerely hope your eBay sales run more smoothly in the future.

Probably stock response, but there you go...
Old 04 January 2007, 01:26 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RLE
I reckon that's a cover, otherwise i wouldn't have paid loads more for me Wii & X360. If it was true, they would also lOOk at concert/ticket prices. That's the biggest scam.

I reckon Sony have intervened. They have already puts blocks in place.

I don't see the problem myself, why should we wait when the rest of the world enjoys.
Old 04 January 2007, 01:49 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

As above, use Turbo Lister.
I've had good and bad on Ebay but there aren't many places you can advertise something and sell it to someone across the country within half and hour with payment made.
I put an Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive on last night and it sold and was paid for within 30 minutes. There are a lot of scammers on there with their mates upping the bids or selling stuff they don't actually have but if you read a sellers feedback carefully and withdraw money from Paypal as soon as its paid in you'll generally be safe.
Old 04 January 2007, 05:12 PM
airfix
Scooby Newbie

I wish I could agree mate but I've been fleeced and at least 2 other people I know personally have been shafted too including a good friend of mine who got scammed just before Xmas - sold his wii to someone with 100% positve feedback and a high score. The first he knew about the problem was 3 days after the £380 was put into his pp account - they took it out again! and he is short one wii! turns out the buyers account had been hacked and bids made by someone else along with a new address being added to the account.

eBay and pp are not interested when there are problmes and, quite frankly they do not derserve the success they are enjoying.

I have been using both successfully for over 2 years until the problem - because of their crappy response to the problem I'll never use them again

Axe ground.

AF.
Old 04 January 2007, 05:32 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

He sold a WII for £380 and didn't ask for cash on collection. Some people do make it too easy for the scam artists to win.
Some common sense is generally required.

Quick Reply: SCUMMY EBAY !!