Sponsored by:

can anyone advise me on this

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2007, 03:35 PM
ROOBY_ROO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can anyone advise me on this

A freind of the wifes was driving home one day when a woman pulled out in front of her and wrote her car off, they exchanged insurence details and the woman said it was her fault, the car was on finance so the wifes m8s company paid the finance off and said they would recoup the money from the lady who caused the accident, but now she is denying responsibilty and this poor girls premium has gone through the roof, and she has lost her no claims,
is the insurence allowed to rocket her premium up like that as its only half way through its currant year, its gone up by £80 a month as she is only a young driver but it wasnt her fault. surly they cant get away with this.
she did ring them and said she wouldnt be renewing her premium and they basicaly said so bloody what.
Old 01 January 2007, 03:42 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

there is a contract signed when taking new insurance, check the small print, if she dosent have it, request a copy.

james
Old 01 January 2007, 03:54 PM
martx
Scooby Regular

It doesn't sound write to me, if its as clear cut as the 3rd party pulled out from a side turning the should be no case to answer.

If the've bumped up her premium whilst liability is still being investigated then all additional funds paid should be reimbursed once balme is accepted by third party's insurers.

Insurance companys are however faceless sharks imo.
Old 01 January 2007, 04:18 PM
ROOBY_ROO
Scooby Regular

thing is her insurence company has paid the finance off and now the other cow has said shes not to blame , but even if it wasnt her fault i didnt think they could increase the premium till the end of its year. she says there was no witnesess but its amazing how people just turn up to cause justice.
Old 01 January 2007, 04:21 PM
martx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ROOBY_ROO
thing is her insurence company has paid the finance off and now the other cow has said shes not to blame , but even if it wasnt her fault i didnt think they could increase the premium till the end of its year. she says there was no witnesess but its amazing how people just turn up to cause justice.
When in rome... find a witness...