Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you ever engaged in Road Rage ?

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2006, 01:38 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Have you ever engaged in Road Rage ?

Reading about people stopping the car after being flashed for over taking I was wondering if anyone on here (who is willing to admitt it) has actually started or in fact taken someone up on the offer of "get out of the car ?"

Worst I've done is slam my Scooby nose first into the side of an MG.. given it wasn't on purpose but my aim was to scare him
Old 16 December 2006, 01:40 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

sorry about the three versions, scoobynet decided to freeze up
Old 16 December 2006, 01:45 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep just recently had been cut up a few times and the last person to do it got a torrent of verbal abuse I did feel a **** afterwards.
Old 16 December 2006, 01:46 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
Yep just recently had been cut up a few times and the last person to do it got a torrent of verbal abuse I did feel a **** afterwards.
need a bit more info than that saturday afternoon stories ?
Old 16 December 2006, 02:10 PM
Sportboy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have gone abit potty in the past but ive tried to calm down alot more .. but the ppl that flash you coming the otherway when overtakeing in a HUGE gap normally get a middle finger or somthing .. tailgaters fvck me off too
Old 16 December 2006, 02:13 PM
DARKDESTROYER9
Scooby Regular

i had some bloke gobbing off at me telling me to get out of my car so i did but to his suprise i had a extendable wheel wrench needles to say he soon got in his car and fecked off fairley quickly
Old 16 December 2006, 02:14 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

I always engage in a bit of road rage, especially when in a supermarket car park with everyone with trolleys thinking they own the road, if they drive their car like they steer a trolley...............well there's hope yet.

I was with my mam coming out of ASDA the other week, I'd had a crap day, been at the hospital for a scan and could have done without anyone getting in my way when she was coming round the car park and a bloke started pulling out from the asda petrol station, then he stopped and must have thought f**k it, and just pulled out right infront of my mam about a few inches from her front end, my mam was shouting so I reached across blasted the horn at him which made his pacemaker jump out, my mams asking me why I done it lol, I said well no use sitting there shouting about it and not doing anything, so I started calling him a w***er, he just look and grinned then mounted the path where there was people walking and sped off

I think everyone has a bit of road rage from time to time, I know I havent got the patience and start shouting at people and calling them, I might get battered one day
Old 16 December 2006, 02:14 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

I lost it when my wife crunched the gears for the second time..does that count ?
Old 16 December 2006, 02:24 PM
ReggieMY99
Scooby Regular

I think ive posted this story before, well here goes again

Some 10 years ago i had a subaru leone, was driving near where i live on some b roads minding my own buisness, suddenly i notice this spot in my rear view mirror which turned out to be a madman in a polo closing rapidly on me, think nothing of it until he puts the car inches from my rear bumber, he was litterally inches of my rear bumber, so i got a bit grumpy about it, and when he could overtake he did and raced on, so i decided to show him how anoying it is to have someone stuck up your ****, got up to some silly speeds and it clearly worked, the madman did not seem to like having a car sticking to the bumber of his car, so he starts to make gestures pointing to the side of the road clearly wanting me to stop and get out of the car, so i flipped the bird to him a couple of times, as we drive along we come to a rail crossing and a train is comming and we had to stop for the train, together with other cars waiting at the crossing, now im right behind the polo and he keeps giving the finger, i just sit in my car and do the same, suddenly the door opens and out comes this huge bloke and start walking towards my car and still strapped in my car with seatbelt on, i open the window as he approaches and give ham a verbal makeover, he was completely redfaced and then he started to throw punches at me through the window while he screamed he was going to kill me, i manage to fend off a blow with my arm, get the seatbelt of, open the door and he is still having a swing at me as i get out of my car, i manage to get out of his grip, andrenalin is pumping through my vains now, as i realize im in a fight with a huge bloke that is not going to stop until i make him stop

in the meantime the other motorsists waiting for the train to pass is watching this lol, i had sunglasses on while driving, didnt seem to make him wanna punch my face in less, as above i get out of his grip and take some steps away from him, take of my sunglasses and put them on the roof of my car and then i walked towards him and asked him to take swing at me again, i managed to talk him a bit down but he was still very upset and while he was looking to the side briefly i had a good punch that landed right in his face, smack and this seemed to change his attitude and now he starts to talk about moving the cars so the other motorists could get on since the train has already passed, i manage to give him a good kick near the throat, and this completely put him of to more fighting, i simply told him to get his fat **** into his car and get moving and thats what he did he just turned around and drove away, while driving behind him he kept giving me gestures, he finally turned of, never saw him again

I know i shouldnt have done what i did, but i was young and it really pissed me off at the time, i havent seen or been in any situation like this since, and i just tend to ignore road rage situations and get on my way

This is a true story
Old 16 December 2006, 02:25 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

I went bananas at a bloke who tried to pinch the parking space I had been waiting for, this time of year and the car park was full so I sat and waited for someone to vacate their space, this bloke came round from the opposite side and drove straight into 'my' space. I saw red, got out of the car and started screaming at him, he locked the doors and couldn't get out of the space quick enough LOL.
As regards to flashing, overtaking, baiting into racing etc - I just let them all get on with it, it doesn't bother me (but then again, I haven't got a *****!).
Old 16 December 2006, 02:25 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerman1
I lost it when my wife crunched the gears for the second time..does that count ?
Dunno is she dead ?
Old 16 December 2006, 03:03 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...iscipline.html

My recent road rage plus the women didn't actually want the lane she pulled onto then had an X5 chase me
Old 16 December 2006, 03:05 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Dunno is she dead ?
she will be if she does it again
Old 16 December 2006, 03:05 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

i regularly lose my rag though I am very pleased to say it has never ended in blows.

Did get out of the car once when some lads in a BMW shook the beans at me, went straight up to him and kept asking him to follow his threats through, I'm glad he didn't and I'm sure he will have been as well. The problem is that you don't know where these altercations are going to end.

I've got a good career etc and don't want to risk losing it all because of someone who thinks they're f'ing invincible.

chill out *****
Old 16 December 2006, 03:11 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

2 headcase scaffolders in a 205 van years ago on the motorway pulled a knife because every time they went to overtake I sped up a bit

what made it worse for them was me and my mate just at them, these two nutters were absolutely fcukin furious!
Old 16 December 2006, 03:34 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Can I just point out it can be very scary to be female, by yourself in a car, driving totally correctly (most of the time ) to then be threatened by a bloke. It may be hard for some of you Alpha Males to understand - what you see as 'getting something off your chest' can actually be quite bloody terrifying to a girlie by herself.
Old 16 December 2006, 03:37 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

well drive properly then!
Old 16 December 2006, 03:55 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Yes I have ... do they ever get out themselves? No they don't!

I can take most things ..... but being called a ****** for absolutely no reason other than I have a faster car just makes me go mental!!

It's going to be some drugged up, tooled up, crazy that will take me down one day .........
Old 16 December 2006, 03:59 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Yes I have ... do they ever get out themselves? No they don't!

I can take most things ..... but being called a ****** for absolutely no reason other than I have a faster car just makes me go mental!!

It's going to be some drugged up, tooled up, crazy that will take me down one day .........
Thats the one thing that scares the sh** outta me! It will be some loony that decides to start on me knowing my luck in those situations.
Old 16 December 2006, 04:02 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

I cant believe for a second someone called you a ****** Pete wasnt another scoobynetter was it
Old 16 December 2006, 04:13 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lydia72
Can I just point out it can be very scary to be female, by yourself in a car, driving totally correctly (most of the time ) to then be threatened by a bloke. It may be hard for some of you Alpha Males to understand - what you see as 'getting something off your chest' can actually be quite bloody terrifying to a girlie by herself.
Hey caught off guard its not nice for a bloke either...

I dont think assuming everyone here is threatening women all day is very nice
Old 16 December 2006, 04:45 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000

I dont think assuming everyone here is threatening women all day is very nice
Sorry I wasn't assuming that, apologies to all the offended males
Old 16 December 2006, 04:49 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
well drive properly then!
I do, thanks, funny how when I am in the correct lane at a roundabout and a fella nearly wipes me out because he is in the wrong lane I still get a load of abuse
Old 16 December 2006, 04:52 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

He'll be taking the racing line, and you are probably at fault for not spotting it
Old 16 December 2006, 04:53 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

As regards to flashing, overtaking, baiting into racing etc - I just let them all get on with it, it doesn't bother me (but then again, I haven't got a *****!).
Do you need one?
Old 16 December 2006, 04:54 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Julz1983
I always engage in a bit of road rage, especially when in a supermarket car park with everyone with trolleys thinking they own the road, if they drive their car like they steer a trolley...............well there's hope yet.

I was with my mam coming out of ASDA the other week, I'd had a crap day, been at the hospital for a scan and could have done without anyone getting in my way when she was coming round the car park and a bloke started pulling out from the asda petrol station, then he stopped and must have thought f**k it, and just pulled out right infront of my mam about a few inches from her front end, my mam was shouting so I reached across blasted the horn at him which made his pacemaker jump out, my mams asking me why I done it lol, I said well no use sitting there shouting about it and not doing anything, so I started calling him a w***er, he just look and grinned then mounted the path where there was people walking and sped off

I think everyone has a bit of road rage from time to time, I know I havent got the patience and start shouting at people and calling them, I might get battered one day

The battering doesn't worry me, it's the deep frying afterwards!
Old 16 December 2006, 04:55 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Don't you need a re-test when you get to 70 anyway?

what the hell is this woman doing on the road!
Old 16 December 2006, 05:01 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Do you need one?
Well if I did there's plenty of ***** on here
Old 16 December 2006, 05:17 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Well if I did there's plenty of ***** on here

Present company excepted of course! To be fair Lydia I think ladies can be equally prone to road rage and in some cases can be worse. Hell hath no fury..........
Old 16 December 2006, 05:18 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

..like a woman carved up on a roundabout

Quick Reply: Have you ever engaged in Road Rage ?