Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

29 months old and first prob with the scoob.

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2006, 07:22 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29 months old and first prob with the scoob.

Went out this morning to go to work, Blipped the keyfob and all hell broke loose! alarm going wouldn't turn off either through the keyfob or the PIN, and a very worrying clicking going on. Was parked behind the Mrs's car so she couldn't go to work either! I was so popular this morning After she walked the kids up to school and screaming at me to get a proper fooking car I decided there was nothing else for it i had to ring Subaru Assistance and very proffessional they were too, Took the details said they would be 1HR 20min and arrived 5 mins early, Turns out all because of a flat battery he just jump started it and did a simple test, Battery not re-charging whilst the side lights where off said a faulty switch in the alternator see's it all the time warranty claim, Subaru Assistance were top dollar though hats off to them. Car booked in next week for a new alternator.
Old 06 December 2006, 09:27 PM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thought they had cured the alternator problem by blobeye? Even having the fan on though should keep battery charging although side lights is better. Mind you, I've left a map reading light on and drained the battery. Once the voltage drops below a certain "safe" level all hell breaks loose as you say with door clicking and alarm going etc just draining power even more. One would rather the feckin' thing just kept quiet!
Old 06 December 2006, 10:23 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

Oh no they havn't! MY04 are as guilty as the rest! Still love my baby though.
Old 07 December 2006, 11:41 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Is it the alternator or the battery?

I'm on my second battery and that is already going flat after 1-3 days of inactivity (even with fan on #1). Booked in next week, but only for a battery, should i get the alternator done too?
Old 07 December 2006, 11:54 AM
daz-c
Scooby Regular

Is there a potential problem with these items I should be aware of on my 06 sti?
Old 07 December 2006, 12:10 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the Trackstar checked out. If it's not going into sleep mode it'll drain the battery. This was a well known problem on 03 STi's but should have been cured on later versions.
JohnD