Sponsored by:

**** owning a prezza

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2006, 02:35 AM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **** owning a prezza

Sorry for the shocking spelling im sure i'll explain when im sober. But i am happy to let my subaru ownership end after taking a serious hard blow from someone with a bottle!! I had to step in when a mate tried to intervien with someone trying to take ownership of my car an ended up with a bottle to the face. I have just bought another brand of car (bmw) but the wierd part id the people involved wanted the keys to the imperza. I'll be fine the people after the car ran off but in a way i feel relieved that i have left the ownership. I was all for not letting anyone puttining me off the car i want but agter buying a new car and getting someone that motivated towards lifting my car i feel glad in a way that i am in ownership of a car that is in a different league,
I feel horified that people will go to this length to take a car.. If it wasn;t for my friend i would have let them take it.. But when he was threatend i interviened and took a bottle to the face. I feel fortunate that it didn't break now but i have a nice lump on my eyebrow to feel greatfull for.
My car is still sat outside my house but it is leaving promptly tomorrow. I would love to say if i didn't have another car to my name that it hasn't [ut me off but i would be lying!
I'm glad that this time it was unsuccsefull but to every one else look after your cars!
Old 06 December 2006, 06:47 AM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

Mate, dont sell it, how long have you had the car? This could just be a one off from some junked up mainiac, it may not happen again, thank god for your mate and thank god the bottle didnt smash! I used to know someone who die after a football game from taking a bottle to the head, but it smashed, very sad he was only 18.

Sorry to hear about all that mate, perhaps you will feel different when you wake up when your not so, intoxicated !
Old 06 December 2006, 08:14 AM
Ryo
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this mate - its sounds like a shocking attack - brutal.

Stories like this do make me worry.

I hope you are ok.

Last edited by Ryo; 06 December 2006 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06 December 2006, 08:16 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

It must be so feckin difficult after what you have gone through - i must admit it would make me think if that happened to me.

***** to it - dont sell it!!!!! stand up and never let the bast**ds win. yes i admit it happens a lot, maybe buy a second car for bobbing about with the missus etc.

easy for me to say as it has never happened, but i'd say give it a week/month, then see how you feel.

F**king cowards using a bottle like that - so called hard men, i've been at the recieving end of a bottle (which broke lots of stictches)

You are bound to feel low with all sorts of sh*t running through your head.
if you have made your mind up 100% fair enough, just give it time and dont let feckin' scumbags get you down like this.

Scum like this make my blood boil
Old 06 December 2006, 08:41 AM
New_scooby_04

^^^what he said^^^^

Feel better soon!

Ns04
Old 06 December 2006, 08:43 AM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
Post All the best

Sory about the bad news ! Just follow your heart & do what you think is right all the best
Old 06 December 2006, 09:40 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Sorry to read about your attack. Scum like that need their ball chopping off, or at least their hands. Try stealing a car with no hands.

I can see your reason for wanting rid of it, I'd probably feel the same myself, especially if it was outside my property (as they know where it's parked and would probably come back more tooled up)

I'm not going to say `Don't sell` as you need to decide what's best for you and having piece of mind is what matters. You sound like you've made your mind up already. Just a shame it take something like this to ruin your enjoyment of owning a car.

Scum

One thing to be thankful for I suppose, is that you and your mate weren't hurt more than what you were. Knifes/screwdrivers seem to be the weapon of choice for car stealing scum these days

Trending Topics

Old 06 December 2006, 01:27 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rossi_classicwrx
I have just bought another brand of car (bmw) .... i feel glad in a way that i am in ownership of a car that is in a different league,
Don't know what you've bought, but I would be surprised if there was a big difference in desirability to thieves between a Sccob and a BMW (unless its a right shed ) Maybe you're ready for a change, but think about why you bought the Impreza in the first place. Hope you get over it soon.
Old 06 December 2006, 01:43 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Sod that, getting bottled over a poxy car thats nowt but image is not worth it. Get rid or move house.

It's easy to say otherwise when wearing the other shoes.
Old 06 December 2006, 01:54 PM
imprezarb5
Scooby Regular

to put things in perspective though, i recall a case locally that went to court a few years ago, where an owner was similarly attacked, although this time by a gang in his own home, who beat him up, relieved him of his car keys and then his car. The car in question was a BMW M3

Just found the link:

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | Brutal car raid gang behind bars

doesn't really matter what you drive, here is another link to something i am contemplating buying

Stoppa Red Uv Self Defence Spray (Security Sprays Online, United Kingdom)
Old 06 December 2006, 01:58 PM
imprezarb5
Scooby Regular

forogt to say, hope you are ok Rossi.. dont make any kneejerk decisions based on a one-off incident.
Old 06 December 2006, 02:06 PM
KenS55STI
Scooby Regular

House next door to me was broken into a couple of years back by car thieves who took their mercedes and 3 series bmw off the drive with the keys they found inside the house. My classic sti was on the drive 10 yards away. House across the street had the keys 'hook and caned' from their hallway, thieves took a convertible bmw and would have took the guys porsche only it had a cutout switch on it and it was found left round the corner.

I think going from a scooby to a bmw is like going out of the frying pan and into the fire, it's unlikely to move you to the 'not going to get car jacked' group of drivers. The guys you encountered obviously wanted a scooby, but there will be some others that will want something else. Anything expensive or high performance is a potential target.

I know that no matter what car you have, if something like this happens to you it's going to make you want to think of prevention for next time, but then how far do you go, all the way to the bus stop ?

Don't rush in to getting rid of your car.
Old 06 December 2006, 02:19 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Why was your 'mate' intervening on your behalf before you??

You should sell up now........ and BTW your story (as posted) sounds like complete ballocks
Old 06 December 2006, 03:45 PM
CRAIGFIN
Scooby Regular

rossi,

I notice from your location that you live in the Bath or Plymouth area. Where did this happen as I live in Plymouth?
Old 06 December 2006, 04:10 PM
wrxmad69
Scooby Newbie

id wait till u c them again n get ur own back!
Old 06 December 2006, 04:17 PM
fwdnutz
Scooby Regular

Location: 24hr endurance driving tracks by day, Trucks by night!!!

I to am shocked to hear the news of your scooby hijack! but you have to remind yourself it is not only subarus that get twocced as others have/will say they will take anything bit like bike ownership you have to be extra vigilante to be sure your not followed home and not be complacent and leave out if you have a lockable storage place! only glad to hear you walked away with no minor injuries but don`t give in yet! you have the right to own and drive what you choose!
Old 06 December 2006, 04:35 PM
imprezarb5
Scooby Regular

also noticed that you were recently trying to sell the car. could have been someone who had previously posed as a buyer, to find out where you live etc.
Old 06 December 2006, 06:32 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the comments guys.. The car was for sale anyway and ive already found a buyer for it. I was really pissed off when i wrote the post at the top. I do love the car and i was overreacting when i wrote the post. It won't put me off owning another one maybe in a few years time when i can afford to have and run 2 cars.
It happened in Plymouth not Bath but i don't really want to post up more detail about where i am as i don't really want to attract anything else.
DCI- thanks for your words. To be honest i couldn't care less if you believe me or not i would have much rather it hadn't happened. The reason my mate was getting involved first was i was trying to walk away from it rather than get into a confrontation with them. I didn't even have the keys on me they were in my house. My mate doesn't have the same patience as me and is a lot more willing to get into fights than i am. I wanted him to just walk away too.
I'd rather forget it ever happened. I don't think these people were good at nicking cars otherwise they would have had it. A good point made earlier about it maybe being someone that came to look at it that could be it.
Old 06 December 2006, 07:27 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Why was your 'mate' intervening on your behalf before you??

You should sell up now........ and BTW your story (as posted) sounds like complete ballocks

Nice words DCI Gene Hunt, I hope the same does not happen to you, I cannot beleive your outragous comments, get a life or leave Scoobynet all together you inconsidarate prat Guy nearly has his eye taken out and you have the cheek to call him a liar.

Rossi glad you OK mate
Cheers
Colin
Old 06 December 2006, 07:52 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear your not too badly hurt rossi

some people just dont think before posting,

well im thinking that your a **** DCI.

Now run along little Troll.

Last edited by st3v3; 06 December 2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06 December 2006, 08:19 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

Glad you are ok mate!

there are always going to be scum robbing just about anything they can get their hands on but at the end of the day, there have been countless posts regarding scoob car-jacking, theft and vandalism against them!!

i think scoobs do attract too much attention! and at the end of the day it is only a car! all those saying dont let the scumbags win, what if its your wife thats in/at your scoob when these idiots decide to make a move??????????
Old 06 December 2006, 08:42 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Hey sorry to here it but its not just Scoobies. My friend was stabbed to death when he went out with thieves trying to steal not his Subaru but his parents cheap 4X4. I know a car is not worth your life but remember these tw*ts will do the same for any car
Old 06 December 2006, 09:27 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by theboy
Hey sorry to here it but its not just Scoobies. My friend was stabbed to death when he went out with thieves trying to steal not his Subaru but his parents cheap 4X4. I know a car is not worth your life but remember these tw*ts will do the same for any car

Was that in Huddersfield mate?
Old 06 December 2006, 09:38 PM
bonerp
Scooby Regular

Ive just become a scooby owner for the first time and so far can't stay out of it. handily I have a dipol gearstick lock bracketted to the centre consol by where it fits, and as its heavy (Like a priest!) and handy, so anyone attempting to jack my motor will receive a swift blow to the head and I'm sorry to all those 'pc' folk, but I won't feel an ounce of remorse.

W4ankers.

Paul
Old 06 December 2006, 09:42 PM
Scooby Regular

i love my scooby,but it aint worth dying for.i want to see my kids grow up.think about it then do whats best for you.take it easy
Old 06 December 2006, 11:43 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Was that in Huddersfield mate?

Halifax, little quite village. He goes out and they run off he catches one and gives him a slap his mates turn around and stab my mate to death. And does it matter if they get caught because the courts do jack sh*t, just give them a fine. I say hang the tw*ts!!!
Old 07 December 2006, 01:24 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by theboy
Halifax, little quite village. He goes out and they run off he catches one and gives him a slap his mates turn around and stab my mate to death. And does it matter if they get caught because the courts do jack sh*t, just give them a fine. I say hang the tw*ts!!!

Was that the lad who worked at Zeneca by any chance? If so he was a work colleague of my brothers.
Old 07 December 2006, 09:07 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Scoob99
Nice words DCI Gene Hunt, I hope the same does not happen to you, I cannot beleive your outragous comments, get a life or leave Scoobynet all together you inconsidarate prat Guy nearly has his eye taken out and you have the cheek to call him a liar.

Rossi glad you OK mate
Cheers
Colin
Had his eye taken out? yeah OK.... as every car jacker comes armed with a bottle of milk/beer/shandy nowadays

And when did I call him a liar??? said his story sounded ballocks, and well it does... only a complete retard would believe this without question.....
Old 07 December 2006, 09:09 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by st3v3
Glad to hear your not too badly hurt rossi

some people just dont think before posting,

well im thinking that your a **** DCI.

Now run along little Troll.
Cheers, and here's me thinking I don't care what you think (unless your armed with a bottle of Dr Pepper)
Old 07 December 2006, 12:50 PM
bonerp
Scooby Regular

Had his eye taken out? yeah OK.... as every car jacker comes armed with a bottle of milk/beer/shandy nowadays

And when did I call him a liar??? said his story sounded ballocks, and well it does... only a complete retard would believe this without question.....
The word '*****' comes to mind.

Quick Reply: **** owning a prezza