Sponsored by:

scooby-dooby-doo

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2006, 04:35 PM
scoobyfrankie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scooby-dooby-doo

Hi all just a quick hello, i have just bought my first scooby, well impressed with the grip its a '95 wrx jap import in black with blackout windows and gold wheels and a fat 5" exhaust (well at the back anyway) the only thing that don't impress is the 112mph top speed, is there an easy way to get round this? Thanks
Old 04 December 2006, 04:41 PM
Ryo
Scooby Regular

Welcome.

Sounds nice. Got any pics?

So I take it you have reached that 112mph limit then? What happened, just didnt go any faster?
(just read this back to myself - it sounds arsey - its not meant to be though, genuine question).

Apparently JDM's do have this and it can be unlocked.

Someone will be along soon with the know-how.

Anyway, welcome to Snet!
Old 04 December 2006, 04:48 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyfrankie
Hi all just a quick hello, i have just bought my first scooby, well impressed with the grip its a '95 wrx jap import in black with blackout windows and gold wheels and a fat 5" exhaust (well at the back anyway) the only thing that don't impress is the 112mph top speed, is there an easy way to get round this? Thanks
Blackout windows will impress the local police no end. Best get it de-limited before the old bill see them. At least you will have half a chance of out running them then.
Old 04 December 2006, 05:24 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

Haha my TT supra was limited to 112mph, took out the limiter fuse which took off the limiter, but then soon realised that also took off traction control after fishtailing off a roundabout! That fuse went straight back in lol, ended up getting it delimited at a place called charlesworths who sell imported cars etc. That was the best way!
Old 04 December 2006, 05:30 PM
a_fisher
Scooby Regular

I read it was part of the unit that you need to replace when converting from kph to mph. Apparently easily done
Old 04 December 2006, 05:48 PM
RedScoob
Scooby Regular

Yeah, just convert the 180kph speedo to a 180mph one and fit the adapter to the cable. Takes about 20 minutes to fit and raises the limit to 180mph..... I don't think you'll be hitting that one in a hurry......
Old 04 December 2006, 05:54 PM
the_msp
Scooby Regular

Info on de-limiting Bought a unit myself easy to install; unit was £56 delivered search ebay. I opted for one that went on the dash-pod end as opposed to the gearbox end of the speedo cable.

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your scoob

Trending Topics

Old 04 December 2006, 08:40 PM
scoobyfrankie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RedScoob
Yeah, just convert the 180kph speedo to a 180mph one and fit the adapter to the cable. Takes about 20 minutes to fit and raises the limit to 180mph..... I don't think you'll be hitting that one in a hurry......
Hi mate i don't think that one will work as they have already changed to a mph speedo gets to 112mph then its like hitting a brick wall
Old 04 December 2006, 08:47 PM
Scooby Regular

hi dude,mine was the same when i bought it,its like chuckin the anchor out when it kicks in int it.bought a little geared unit off ebay for about £50.you fit it behind the speedo clock then insert the cable into it,stick the mph sticker over the kph and bobs you uncle.it converts kph to mph as as your not likley to hit 180 mph the limiter will not kick in.simple eh!
Old 04 December 2006, 09:17 PM
WetPatch
Scooby Regular

I bought a jap import myself a few weeks back, I had a apexi delimiter fitted when i bought it but wasnt sure what it was at the time, the why i found out it wasnt restricted was when i put the foot down to 220kph on the motorway