ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Subaru driver dies

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2006, 01:45 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Me listen? How about listen to yourself.
it is a figure of speech....pull your neck in

Maybe thats the way you operate, not me.
I am outraged and find that comment a personal slur on my character. It is a very serious and I think the chief scoobynet officer should be informed.

The fact that he's rumoured to be a fireman makes it even worse IMHO
Its no rumour sonny boy.It is fact. and how can it make it any worse?? or , hang on unless you want to make something out of his profession and his associated comment. hey why dont we go the whole hog and gag all members of the emergency services in case they make a slightly crass comment. Bet you would be fumming if you heard some of the stuff they say, in order to leviate the seriousness and tragic circumstances of incidents.

The service takes a very poor view if any of their officers brings the service into disrepute or shows it in a poor light. This IMHO is such a case.
and your credentials are???

If he is ignorant of the full facts then it is outrageous that this should have been posted.
says Mr Outraged from Guildford, Surrey, 58

Now I suggest you look at your position.
still the same as before, sitting on a chair???

I did resist taking this thread off topic before and making any personal slurs, but you changed all that.

Get a f*cking life, calm down and stop being such a jumped up tosser.
Old 03 December 2006, 02:12 PM
turbodan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What amazes me is the way people just love to hop on the float and get in some good ol' berating of some guy who made a loose comment. Obviously it wasnt a sensitive comment, some people pointed that out. But did the other 10-15 of you really need to repeat again and again what had just been said. People just seem to enjoy a good gang up on a single poster. Human nature?
Old 03 December 2006, 05:02 PM
Mass.
Scooby Regular

Well people, I can only deeply appologise for what I said and I have edited my post.

It was, as has been said by my friends, a statement out of the ordinary. I didn't mean it. I deal with these kind of incidents very often and it makes me sick seeing these young people losing their lives through reckless driving.

I didn't think about what I had written, and should have.

Swiss, BF, KTM,

Scoobynutta555...... There's always one
Old 03 December 2006, 05:29 PM
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When i'm back on early shift tomorrow i'll try to find out the circumstances...
...i've been over the kingston bridge thousands of times,it's wide and straight and i'm shocked this has happened.

It doesn't really matter what the guy was driving though and I dont think we should judge until we know the full facts.

Having said that,this happened just last night....

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Glasgow and West | Kingston Bridge pedestrian killed
Old 03 December 2006, 05:39 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mass.
Well people, I can only deeply appologise for what I said and I have edited my post.

It was, as has been said by my friends, a statement out of the ordinary. I didn't mean it. I deal with these kind of incidents very often and it makes me sick seeing these young people losing their lives through reckless driving.

Swiss, BF, KTM,

Fair play for showing up !
So how many negs did you get ??????
Old 03 December 2006, 06:00 PM
Ollie25
Scooby Newbie

Sorry to hear the bad news on this,

But Personally having mett mass i know he is a decent bloke..

..And in my opionion its the TOSSERS and ******* and total ****** like you lot that made me decide to sell my Scooby, you know what it was the best move i ever made, wouldnt wanna be associated to the lowest form of low life pond scum that all you lot are, that is why i never registered on here untill now

Oh mine is better than yours oh no its not bunck of JUMPED UP ******

KTM, SWISS, BOTTOM FEDER, MASS not on about you lot here!! You all know me!
Old 03 December 2006, 06:02 PM
oobster
Scooby Regular

RIP to the driver involved
Old 03 December 2006, 06:05 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

fair play to you mass for coming on here....

I think we can, apart from continuing the original sentiments of the first post, put this thread to bed now....

Ollie
Old 03 December 2006, 06:16 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

Swiss, BF, KTM,

good on ya for coming back on and putting the record stright
Old 03 December 2006, 06:23 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Swiss, BF, KTM,

Fair enough. We all regret our posts from time to time I guess.

Does that mean no more red blobs ? (2 so far for this thread)

Andy Mc
Old 03 December 2006, 06:40 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

I think that, as Swiss Tony has said, the fact that Mass is a firefighter puts a whole different complexion on this. It sounds like, although he appeared to mock the driver, in reality his outburst stemmed from the fact he was irritated at the senseless and continuing loss of life on our roads.

Shouldn't have said it, but it was simply a rash comment.
Old 03 December 2006, 06:54 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

Swiss, BF, KTM,

Fair play
Old 03 December 2006, 06:57 PM
Ollie25
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by SwissTony
fair play to you mass for coming on here....

I think we can, apart from continuing the original sentiments of the first post, put this thread to bed now....

Ollie
love you long time Swiss cheese
Old 03 December 2006, 06:58 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Swiss, BF, KTM,

Old 03 December 2006, 08:17 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Thumbs up

Swiss, BF, KTM,

No problem. Respect for coming back on here.
I know it is bad to see the result of a bad RTA that perhaps could heve been easily avoided
Steve
Old 03 December 2006, 09:01 PM
Scooby Regular

Swiss, BF, KTM,

fair play,lets drop it!
Old 03 December 2006, 09:21 PM
v5 man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lee (Mass) is a top bloke, my (hopefully) soon to be brother-in-law, and someone completely dedicated to his profession.
Clearing up accidents, remains of victims etc, has to affect firemen/women in some way I guess, and although his initial reaction to the thread was somewhat rash, I can fully understand why he said it. Believe me, Mass isnt an **** or a troll, he`s a caring bloke and a role model for youngsters around him too.

Cliff
Old 03 December 2006, 09:22 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
In fact, he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself if he is indeed a fireman, and I'd have thought unless a grovelling apology was forthcoming he should be reported to his chief.

Report him to his chief, go on don't just sit there do it report him!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah i forgot, which chief do you report a user name too you **** jockey, you've only got a user name to go by, good luck

Mass. well done for coming back on and admitting you haste as wrong
Old 03 December 2006, 09:24 PM
Deviate
Scooby Regular

Looking at the ****-poor state of Mass's reputation, perhaps people will give him a few positives over the coming week: as its on its **** at the moment?

DV8
Old 03 December 2006, 09:29 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Swen6
Report him to his chief, go on don't just sit there do it report him!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah i forgot, which chief do you report a user name too you **** jockey, you've only got a user name to go by, good luck

Mass. well done for coming back on and admitting you haste as wrong

calm down you
Old 04 December 2006, 02:25 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Thumbs down

Sit there and call me a jumped up tosser that needs to get a life? My, my this place never ceases to amaze me, full of hard men keyboard warriors And, me calm down? I am totally calm thankyou, I'm not ranting and raving or personally insulting anyone, or indeed for that matter being libellous.

A bloke dies in a car crash and people like you are slapping each other on the back. It is very crass and insensitive to be making assumptions on the way the accident happened unless you have the full facts, all the worse coming from someone in the fire service. One of my best mates is a fireman, and believe me, anything that does shed a bad light on the service by its officers is very much frowned upon. I have not said at all that I should report the matter to his commander, I'm saying if a relative saw that post and wished to report it, IMHO they would have every right to do so, especially if the facts were totally different to what was mentioned. Just so we're clear, if any other derogatory comments are aimed at me by the likes of SwissTony then I will be taking matters further.

As regards "leviate the seriousness and tragic circumstances of incidents", that's all well and good when with likeminded colleagues, however, it patently oversteps the mark when it is published on a car forum directly associated with the marque of car involved in the accident, and therefore not an outside possibility that the comment may be seen by relatives.

As for
I am outraged and find that comment a personal slur on my character. It is a very serious and I think the chief scoobynet officer should be informed.
I don't really know what your beef is, feel free to contact the webmaster. I shall now be contacting him regarding your attitude. All I've said is that if Mass wasn't in full facts of the case before commenting then he should be ashamed of himself and issue an apology. If Mass was present at the accident of knew the full facts at the time of posting, then I apologise. However, to the best of my knowledge he hasn't said that he knew the case.

Mass, I thankyou for apologising about your I'll advised first comment on this thread, but, this is somewhat dilluted by yet another stupid statement at the end, which makes me wonder at the sincerity of your apology given all that I have said is accurate. I'd advise you to be very careful about comments you make on boards like this, and perhaps go back and edit a post you've made about Muslims while you're in a contrite mood. And Sven or whatever it is, it is perfectly possible to trace someone on this board by their user name.

As for bandwagon jumping, pot and kettle, who's doing it now?
Old 04 December 2006, 02:28 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Now, since an apology was offered and the original quote was withdrawn, I now see the matter as closed, despite the ill-advised abuse aimed at me by persons who should know better.
Old 04 December 2006, 02:52 PM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Angry

I think the most annoying thing on this thread is how people passing on their condolancies to a human being who has died, can be hijacked due to personal slurs!!

Jokers!!

R.I.P and sympathy to anyone who maybe related to him.
Old 04 December 2006, 03:08 PM
sammyh
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Well said alwong.

Its a shame the way this thread went after the death of a human being.