ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Subaru driver dies (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/563414-subaru-driver-dies.html)

andythejock01wrx 02 December 2006 12:54 PM

Subaru driver dies

A 28 yr old was killed at the wheel of his "Subaru" (model not specified by the BBC) at 1.20am this morning.

He "lost control" of his car as he crossed the Kingston Bridge, Glasgow and hit the crash barrier.

Didn't know the guy personally, but was sorry to hear of the loss of one "of our fold".

Gee WR1 02 December 2006 01:00 PM

Saw this posted on Scottish Scoobies this morn.

JamieMiller 02 December 2006 02:25 PM

I passed the scene at about 3.30am. I didn't look too closely as I'm not a rubbernecker, but I did see the crash investigation van parked across the carrigeway and feared the worst. My condolences for the deceased.

cw42 02 December 2006 03:13 PM

Link to story?

Mass. 02 December 2006 03:15 PM

R.I.P I feel for his family and friends at this hard time.

MattW 02 December 2006 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by cw42
Link to story?

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Glasgow and West | Driver dies after bridge accident

wacky.banana 02 December 2006 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mass.
Drive like an idiot and thats what you get

Massive assumption to be making on your part isn't it, chap? Are you aware of the full facts sufficient to make such a sweeping statement?

WB

D3MAN 02 December 2006 03:31 PM

Do we know he was driving like and idiot?

D3MAN 02 December 2006 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by wacky.banana
Massive assumption to be making on your part isn't it, chap? Are you aware of the full facts sufficient to make such a sweeping statement?

WB

Thank you

cw42 02 December 2006 03:33 PM

Cheers Mattw :)

powerman1 02 December 2006 03:36 PM

someones son /dad/husband.... what a dickhead statement:nono:

misty 02 December 2006 03:39 PM

Feck off and troll somewhere else you tosser!!!!
dave

silverstrike 02 December 2006 03:39 PM

This is sad news, i seen an accident in the exact same spot last sunday morning...

RAF1 02 December 2006 03:42 PM

sad news - more than likely bad light/weather conditions considering the time it happened...

Raf.

matchmaker 02 December 2006 06:04 PM

Was it on the bridge, or on an approach ramp? The bridge is straight and at least 3 lanes wide. The approach ramps can be quite tightly curved.

In any case it's a 50 mph limit.

So what happened?

Sti_Prodrive 02 December 2006 06:10 PM

i feel for the family big time & close once's to him ! :(

whats Scottish Scoobies by the way ? :wonder:

Bat-Fink 02 December 2006 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by misty
Feck off and troll somewhere else you tosser!!!!
dave

Shouldn't that be a capital D?

Bad news tho.:(

Gear Head 02 December 2006 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bat-Fink
Shouldn't that be a capital D?

Bad news tho.:(

Look, Bubba hasn't left just yet!

GC8 02 December 2006 06:22 PM

Look at that! Ive changed him from red to green (it wasnt post-dependant). That has given me an enormous sense of well-being...

Simon

Bat-Fink 02 December 2006 06:25 PM

Cheers GC8.:)

1168 02 December 2006 06:35 PM

nice one NOB HEAD:nono:

scoobie_eccosse 02 December 2006 07:23 PM

what a thing to say just cos he drove a scooby get a grip we all no how easy it is to get a scooby going sideways etc wi out any problem and it dont always happen on purpose so how about have some respect for a fallen scooby driver rip mate and all the best to his family and friends

scoobyhep 02 December 2006 08:12 PM

Sorry to hear that...:( Just remember tho guys take care out there :thumb:

hull sti 02 December 2006 08:27 PM

R.I.P we all miss judge things in life and do things we shouldnt and regret.THAT DOES NOT MAKE UP FOR PPL SAYIN HE SHOULDNT OF BEEN DRIVIN MAD they has to be hundreds of reasons y this poor guy lost control of his scoob.ive lost mine once on a wet bend it was very scary and hard to regain control it seemed to wanted to snake. MY HEART IS WITH HIS FAMILY AND FREINDS. R . I . P

scoobyhep 02 December 2006 08:30 PM

Lost control in my M3 once/twice and it scared me to death. Not pushed the scoob that far yet.... Don't think I will now :wonder:

1168 02 December 2006 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by hull sti
R.I.P we all miss judge things in life and do things we shouldnt and regret.THAT DOES NOT MAKE UP FOR PPL SAYIN HE SHOULDNT OF BEEN DRIVIN MAD they has to be hundreds of reasons y this poor guy lost control of his scoob.ive lost mine once on a wet bend it was very scary and hard to regain control it seemed to wanted to snake. MY HEART IS WITH HIS FAMILY AND FREINDS. R . I . P

it doesnt matter how he was driving it all said and done mate.some poor bugger lost his life today then that prick comes out with a stupid remark like that.if he meets his maker one day in an unnatural way i hope people show him more compassion than that.

scoobboy 02 December 2006 08:58 PM

Fecking scabby b*stard, thats a lovely comment to be saying about someone who has lost their life. Imagine their family reading such a pointless and hurtful comment and what more this incident happening over the christmas season.

U are prob a real a*shole in life anyway.

1168 02 December 2006 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by scoobboy
Fecking scabby b*stard, thats a lovely comment to be saying about someone who has lost their life. Imagine their family reading such a pointless and hurtful comment and what more this incident happening over the christmas season.

U are prob a real a*shole in life anyway.

HERE HERE!

andythejock01wrx 02 December 2006 09:07 PM

This guy is a wind-up merchant . Andy Mc

raymie 02 December 2006 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by RAF1
sad news - more than likely bad light/weather conditions considering the time it happened...

Raf.

i totally agree, wild weather up here at the moment