Sponsored by:

Post March 1st registers Scoobs

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2006, 05:02 PM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post March 1st registers Scoobs

Im a little confused maybe someone can confirm this as I was arguing with a colleague about this. Dearest Ken Livingston announcing his £25 congestion charge on 4wd vehicles. Now I know the Scoob is 4wd (ok AWD)

The congestion charge £25 is apparently set on the DVLA class of your Car, band H is the new Category for vehicles over 200co2? which almost every Impreza at least falls into.

Anyway as my scoob is registered in Nov04 I saw that all vehicles registered before March 1st 2006 will NOT be regraded to the higher band, only cars registered after this date is this true? i.e My car tax wont go up next year and I can still drive into work occasionally for £8 and not £25 ?
Old 21 November 2006, 07:43 PM
Robocop
Scooby Regular

It's a proposal at present, but no doubt it will come into force sooner or later.
Emissions-based London congestion charge to range from zero to £25 per day - News - Auto Industry
Old 22 November 2006, 01:08 PM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

interesting..I think the thing is will the DVLA change the 'cars registerd before 1st march' if not then those of us with 'old bangers' dont have to worry as the proposed £25 charge is done on dvla category.
Old 22 November 2006, 03:41 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're 04 car will have the emissions rating stated on the logbook. If it's above the figure for the higher category, you're snookered!
My 03 STi costs £190 for road tax. Similar emissions category cars registered after the date you quote are charged £210! Got a feeling the £25 congestion charge will cover both.
JohnD
Old 22 November 2006, 04:05 PM
AllyJ
Scooby Regular

Thats not correct John. It only applies if your car was registered after 23rd 2006 (corrected from 1st march my mistake above), those cars regsistered before 23rd march even if they break the limit are not charged the higher rate, they only fall into the old 185+ co2 category...the new band of 225+ only applies to 23rd March 2006 registerd new cars only onwards... check out the link here in the dvla its pretty clear..

Ah john sorry just re-read your post m8 you are spot on as I had just written LOL doh! as you said and I said indeed...check the link below if anyone else is unsure....does this mean all the my06s sold before the 22nd march this year are now premium :-)

The cost of vehicle tax for cars, motorcycles, light goods vehicles and trade licences : Directgov - Motoring

Last edited by AllyJ; 22 November 2006 at 04:11 PM.
Old 22 November 2006, 09:31 PM
CallumW
Scooby Regular

Jeesus - Mine's 320co

At least I'll get my money's worth