Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitted Bailey dump valve but no noise??

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2006, 02:40 PM
EVO172
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fitted Bailey dump valve but no noise??

Hi , need some advice from you clever people,i removed my standard dump valve and fitted a baileys , started up the motor and give her a few revs (car had been warmed up first) can see the valve opening and shutting but no thissssshh noise at all?? what could be the problem, took it round the block and no noise, all pipes fitted properly inc bung

1993 wrx
Old 21 November 2006, 04:45 PM
Draggon
Scooby Newbie

Default Hi

I had a bailys but didn't think it was loud enough so bought a Turbo Smart Supersonic, now there is a dump valve.. If your interested in one, I have two of them and more than willing to sell one.
Old 21 November 2006, 04:50 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

are you sure its a vent o atmosphere?, or a recirc.
Old 21 November 2006, 04:51 PM
punto_gt
Scooby Regular

the baileys dump valve i had on my scooby came of my punto gt, (dv26) but it didnt sound the same as it did on my gt,was a loud tshhhh but on the scoob more like a stuttery (quieter) tshh shh shh, make sure you have the vaccuum pipe as short as possible, i swapped my baileys for a blitz the other day and it didnt work,shortened it and bingo !
Old 21 November 2006, 04:54 PM
sparky300
Scooby Regular

I had one, took it off after a few days, its working I bet, take it for a spin and really rev hard you may just hear it then. My never maked a noise just by revving it, had to drive! Baileys really are crap mate, i got one and make the mistake too!
Old 21 November 2006, 05:31 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sparky300
I had one, took it off after a few days, its working I bet, take it for a spin and really rev hard you may just hear it then. My never maked a noise just by revving it, had to drive! Baileys really are crap mate, i got one and make the mistake too!

mmm, not to sure about that claim!!! I've got a Bailey VTA on my car and it's plenty loud enough, it is louder than the forge one I had on there before, but I've put that down too the bigger turbo and the FMIC I'm now running

It might have the wrong spring in it, I know forge offer different springs, they do different colour springs that are of different stiffness,

Last edited by DannyBoy007; 21 November 2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 21 November 2006, 05:55 PM
EVO172
Scooby Regular

the spring is working even on very low rev, as soon as i blip the throttle even below boost it opens and shuts but no noise
Old 21 November 2006, 06:01 PM
scottstotty
Scooby Regular

get yourself a HKS SQV. Its all you will ever need!

Also a good Induction kit will always make the Dumpvalve louder once Fitted. Some dumpvalves do take a bit of time for them to bed in properly but HKS all the Way.
Old 21 November 2006, 06:08 PM
EVO172
Scooby Regular

got a hks induction kit already fitted thanks,ive refitted the standard one for now , till i find out why its not working,
Old 21 November 2006, 06:13 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

wierd problem there mate.

if all plumbed in proper like, then you may not get the noise on the driveway, but under load you should definately get it.
just to check, you have the bung in, two bolts into intercooler, plus gasket and then one tube running into top of manifold??

I used to have a baileys, but it kept on sticking and couldnt handle the heat and boost in the engine, so tried a forge and much better..but then I think swapping units may not be your issue here
Old 21 November 2006, 06:16 PM
EVO172
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
wierd problem there mate.

if all plumbed in proper like, then you may not get the noise on the driveway, but under load you should definately get it.
just to check, you have the bung in, two bolts into intercooler, plus gasket and then one tube running into top of manifold??

I used to have a baileys, but it kept on sticking and couldnt handle the heat and boost in the engine, so tried a forge and much better..but then I think swapping units may not be your issue here
This is an early wrx it is fitted to. the dump valve does not bolt on its a one entry pipe about 30mm and the small pipe to the inlet vaccumm i guess, it fits to the intercooler elbow

Last edited by EVO172; 21 November 2006 at 06:24 PM.
Old 21 November 2006, 09:49 PM
EVO172
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 21 November 2006, 10:59 PM
sparky300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
mmm, not to sure about that claim!!! I've got a Bailey VTA on my car and it's plenty loud enough, it is louder than the forge one I had on there before, but I've put that down too the bigger turbo and the FMIC I'm now running

It might have the wrong spring in it, I know forge offer different springs, they do different colour springs that are of different stiffness,
more than likey mate, at the time i did not know much about them, it was 1 spring type, i really did not like it. i will be getting another but the one i had sounded crap.