Sponsored by:

Estimate on power?

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2006, 02:33 PM
fatsweaty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Estimate on power?

I am new to all this modding lark etc,so here goesI am now the owner of a 1995 Jap WRX it is the Z4 ecu model 260BHP in standard,it has a full decat exhaust system,HKS super flow induction,HKS DV,HKS boost guage and finally wait for it...........an ABC Superchip on the ECU!!.My question is any idea what sort of power its producing as all this was on when i bought it a few days ago and dont really know?.
Old 19 November 2006, 02:43 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

If it was on standard boost id say about 270ish...what kind of boost does it reach?
Old 19 November 2006, 02:51 PM
fatsweaty
Scooby Regular

Thats a good question,on the car is a recon turbo from Essex Turbos still under warranty,the guys that owned it said when they fitted it they had to call Essex turbos as the car was cutting out at about iirc 1.2 bar?? not sure though,so Essex said to adjust something on it (i dont know as i am a bit gaf on these)and now its about 0.9 Bar?.But now i am driving it the car bloody pulls like a train and the guage is in a silly place below the air flow grill next to steering wheel(drivers right side).I dont think i have fully opened her up either,i am still showing her deep respect.The smile factor is great!As to power no idea?
Old 19 November 2006, 02:59 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

The Z4 ecu makes 0.9 bar as standard are you sure the chip is still connected..?? if it is bin it if you want your engine to last...as far as i know the chip you have will just raise boost and fuel cut without any adjustment to the air/fuel ratio if its more power your looking for theres various chips on the market ie...ESL,scooby ecu that will be 100 times safer than the one you've got
Old 19 November 2006, 03:23 PM
fatsweaty
Scooby Regular

Well i checked the Ecu this morning and the little Superchips box has wires tht seem to splice into the ecu....but there is a socket on the side of the superchip box that has nothing connected to it,does this mean the chip is not running?,oh and it has 2 led lights on top should they be on/off if running?.If i was to remove it how do i go about it and is there anything else i need to remove.With regards to what the guys adjusted what could that have been,iirc they said they had to turn something nearly 180 degrees,i think on/near the turbo??

Last edited by fatsweaty; 19 November 2006 at 03:29 PM.
Old 19 November 2006, 03:40 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Does it have a manual boost controller??maybe thats how they turned down the boost if it does and its been turned down to the ecu's standard boost then theres no need for the chip....if its been spiced into the ecu then i would of thought it wouldnt be hard to remove it your self if not maybe its worth going back to them and find out what they done and get it removed
Old 19 November 2006, 03:57 PM
fatsweaty
Scooby Regular

The guys didnt put the chip in that was already on,i think they adjusted a screw or nut or something on the turbo,there is a little gold coloured barrel thing next to/on the turbo was it that i think?I wouldnt know about a manual boost controller,what does it look like?.I am expecting a Haynes Impreza manual hopefully it will help me understand what should and shouldnt be there.

Trending Topics

Old 19 November 2006, 04:59 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a manual boost controller they adjusted...like i said if its only boosting to 0.9bar you may as well take the chip out because its doing nothing...
Old 19 November 2006, 09:23 PM
fatsweaty
Scooby Regular

After reading an article on SIDC i now realise the gold barrel thing on the turbo is i think a wastegate,and i think its this they said they adjusted.Can that be right?.To find out what boost i am running do i fly off at full chat until i hear the valve dump gas/air or am i talking pants?