Sponsored by:

worth it or not

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2006, 08:55 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default worth it or not

ive been toying with the i dea of not owning a subaru anymore, im beggining to wonder if its worth having my family held up by thieves especially when bats,and knives are involved. being carjacked is not on my priority list even more so now with my 4mth old daughter traveling with me. i love my car but i love my family more and they are my sole concern.

anyone else with me on this
Old 17 November 2006, 09:11 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm transferring to a different make of car now but its not for that reason. I think that the problem is growing because of the increase in car security etc which makes it easier to just take a car from the owner while there in it or with the keys. This isn't just a Subaru problem though. Unfortunalty this is becoming a problem for all desirable cars owners. The only real way to completly avoid the risk is by buying a car that noone would want to steal. Obviously some cars are a lot more likely to get targeted than others. For instance my uncle had his almost brand new top end Merc taken off him at knife point just over a year ago!
Old 17 November 2006, 09:24 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alarming as it is you are just as likely to be held up if you were driving a new BMW,Audi, etc etc.
I recall a guy being murdered in London for an Audi A3.
Nothing new and of a desirable make is safe these days but fortunately these incidents are relatively low in comparison to the number of cars on the road.
When out in the scoob i tend to drive with my doors locked but i also do this in the wifes Rav4.
I would try not to worry about something that is unlikely to happen.
Nik.
Old 17 November 2006, 09:27 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

fair comment my friend,it seems to be not only high performance cars that are targeted,but your every day family cars too, i think i heard of a megan being taken from a woman not long ago.

none of that..'leave you door unlocked over night' these days is there. not like the good old olden days.