Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prodrive - They're great and fantastic. They do a really good job.......

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2001, 09:13 AM
paulmon
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

......and dont get things wrong from time to time. Hows that !!!

Just thought I would share my experience with the warranty people at Prodrive.[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

In September I had the front and rear spoilers on my P1 replaced under warranty due to paint flaking off. Both items had been authorised by Prodrive/IM beforehand. Job well done, or so I thought. Today I received a call from the dealer who told me that Prodrive where refusing to pay for the front spoiler, they had no problems with the rear spoiler. For those of you who don’t know the front spoiler on the P1 is susceptible to stone chips, this tied in with a crap paint job results in a spoiler full of white marks.

The reason they are refusing to pay the dealer is because the underside of the spoiler was damaged (thorugh kerbing) any P1 owner will testify how easy it is to catch the underside of the spoiler on kerbs and dips in road etc. When I was told this my first reaction was laughter slowly followed by a bemused rage. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] How the f*ck can they justify not paying for an item when the reason it was replaced in the first place had not changed. Are they saying that the damage to the underneath contributed to the paint falling off the front. Even if I had not damaged the underneath of the spoiler the f*cking thing would still be covered in stone chips.

I am due to have my second front spoiler fitted and painted next week which means I will be on my third lip spoiler in 9 months (I bought the car new in March this year).

Why dooesnt someone just accept that the product wasnt fit for purpose in the first place and do something about it. I suppose that is just to much to expect.

Regards
Paul

[Edited by paulmon - 11/22/2001 9:15:21 AM]

[Edited by paulmon - 11/22/2001 9:16:16 AM]
Old 22 November 2001, 09:28 AM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paul wernt you trying to tell me the other day how good the P1 was.
Mate they have **** paint and **** quality and you better get used to it.
BMW M3 now 2000 miles and lovely good as new paint
Old 22 November 2001, 09:38 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Question

That sort of thing really puzzles me.

Do Prodrive charge the rally drivers for every spoiler/wheel they break.

I think this is a really poor attitude from a company who CAN chuck away thousands of pounds preparing a rally car. To be arguing the toss over replacing a PLASTIC spoiler approx value £25 (some of you on here know how profitable plastic moulding is, so don't quote me a retail price) which I think every P1 owner has an issue with, frankly does them no credit.

I think everyone on here admires what Prodrive has done, it's just a shame that they make a show of themselves over piddling issues like this.

What makes it even more galling is that there seems to be an increasing trend to deny responsibility and make it "someone else's fault" in all walks of life. Customer service isn't just about freebies, but I would have thought anyone who can afford a P1 isn't in that "chisel them" market anyway. I know I wouldnt be ar5ed.

So come on Paul, fess up you did just want a new spoiler cos you drive like a goon and had scratched all the bottom of your original, didn't you?

Oh, dear it seems to me that someone is measuring you by their own standards eh?
Old 22 November 2001, 09:50 AM
paulmon
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arron: I have never said the paint quality on the P1 was good in fact I have often voiced the opposite. I have never said the P1 has fantastic build quality because it hasnt. However it is a fantastic drivers car. I wish I could afford to lose a fortune and get something else.

BTW I recently paid a visit to a BMW dealer who had a black M3 in for service, I made a point of inpsecting the front spoiler, only to find it had a significant number of stone chips in it albeit it didnt look as bad as the P1 does.

Barry: My car has never been on track, never been thrashed accross country. Since September all I have done is drive from Manchester to Norwich on a Monday morning and back again on Thursday. The damage to the underneath of the first spoiler was done when I drove into a parking space front end first and the spoiler scraped on the kerb. Needless to say I reverse park into everywhere now.

Regards
Paul

Old 22 November 2001, 10:58 AM
banshi
Scooby Regular

BMW are missing a great marketing opportunity, a partnership with a pharmaceutical company and and they'd have a real breathrough

Don't know if it's the A/c or a chemical residue in the interior. A little genetic engineering could revolutionise the treatment of psychiatric disorders. Seems it just takes moment behind the wheel to turn the driver into complete prat.

BTW Barry
Paul was complaining about chips on the original spolier within weeks of buying the car.