Sponsored by:

Insurance Cancelled!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2006, 06:27 PM
stoneyscoob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance Cancelled!!

When my renewal was due on Sept 19th I searched on confused.com for a quote, anyway More Than came back the cheapest and I took up the quote they had given me, then on friday 13th october I received a phone call from them saying that due to a computer error they quoted me when they shouldn't of had because of the type of vehicle I drive and they said they were cancelling my insurance friom saturday 21/10/06, and due to the inconvieniance they will give me £25 M & S vouchers. Anyway went back onto confused.com again today to find another quote and guess what, More than quoted me again and yes they were also the cheapest so if its a computer error like they told me they still haven't fixed it in nearly a month. Has anyone experienced this and if so what happened?
I'm going to contact the ombundsman tomorrow to see how I stand and whether I can get More Than to honour their contract.
Old 15 October 2006, 07:12 PM
Coupe-Se
Scooby Regular

I had a similar experience in July with Direct Line, 10-months after the policy started!!!

It was the underwriters that would not cover me and it was a clerical error when I took up the policy to give me Domestic cover on a Nissan Navara because my job is an electrician

I do not think the Ombudsman can force an underwriter to cover a person. Insurance companies really do work in mysterious ways
Old 15 October 2006, 07:23 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

I take it they are going to return the full premium to you in addition to the £25.00 vouchers?

The web prices are classed as "invitations to treat" and do not therefore form the contract. However taking your payment constitutes "offer" and "acceptance".

How much less expensive is More Than. Is it worth the hassle?
Old 15 October 2006, 07:39 PM
stoneyscoob
Scooby Newbie

I pay the premium by installments and i suppose the 1 payment made will cover the months insurance I have had. I think they were about £60 cheaper than anyone else, but what really gets me they still give you a quote on these insurance search engines, if they dont insure performance vehicles then dont quote
Old 15 October 2006, 07:49 PM
james-wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stoneyscoob
I pay the premium by installments and i suppose the 1 payment made will cover the months insurance I have had. I think they were about £60 cheaper than anyone else, but what really gets me they still give you a quote on these insurance search engines, if they dont insure performance vehicles then dont quote
I tried all the search engines, got some good quotes but they were quite restrictive, high excess etc. I picked up the phone to A Plan and they were superb. declared all the mod's and havent looked back, were £300 cheaper than Greenlight !
Old 15 October 2006, 07:53 PM
agent003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Coupe-Se
I had a similar experience in July with Direct Line, 10-months after the policy started!!!

It was the underwriters that would not cover me and it was a clerical error when I took up the policy to give me Domestic cover on a Nissan Navara because my job is an electrician

I do not think the Ombudsman can force an underwriter to cover a person. Insurance companies really do work in mysterious ways
I hope you were treated well in regards to this!!!

I would expect nothing less other than a full refund or 1 years NCB at the end of such period

WBR

PS- this thread has been dupliacted .....nothing more annoying on a forum
Old 15 October 2006, 07:57 PM
greatwhite
Scooby Regular

I too did a search on confused, and yes more than where the cheepest, but they did not list STI PPP, antway got a call the following day from them and confirmed they would do a PPP at the same price as the STI. this was all done and renewed on 17th Sept. I have not heard from them yet, and with a bit of luck I wont, as they where nearly £400 cheeper than L&V.
Old 15 October 2006, 08:13 PM
stoneyscoob
Scooby Newbie

Lets hope you are ok, I think I actually signed up with them around the 11th september with the policy to start on the 19th
Old 15 October 2006, 08:43 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

i got my insurance this year for £373 FC on my 02WRX and for last year it was £430 and on both occasion i phoned up the ins company to make sure everything was correct,I have had in the past where something WAS wrong and i got 6 points over it and a £400 fine even though it wasnt my fault..
Old 15 October 2006, 08:53 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by st3v3
i got my insurance this year for £373 FC on my 02WRX and for last year it was £430 and on both occasion i phoned up the ins company to make sure everything was correct,I have had in the past where something WAS wrong and i got 6 points over it and a £400 fine even though it wasnt my fault..
How did you get the 6 points st3v3 ?
Old 15 October 2006, 11:52 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

No insurance. Definately a case for the ombudsman if its that clear-cut.
Old 16 October 2006, 12:13 PM
stoneyscoob
Scooby Newbie

Greatwhite, I think you are going to get a call like me. I've been back onto More Than today(16.10.06) and they said they dont insure cars in group 19 - 20 and its a glitch in their system giving these quotes and it should be fixed soon, the problem only comes to light when the documentation is received by the underwriter. I mentioned about other people being insured with them with the same type of vehicle and they told me they will be contacted to be told the same as myself, so make sure you ask for your vouchers if they dont offer them to you.
Old 16 October 2006, 02:16 PM
dietbruboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stoneyscoob
Lets hope you are ok, I think I actually signed up with them around the 11th september with the policy to start on the 19th
Interesting... I took out insurance on my new WRX on Saturday 14th also through Morethan too... Not modified and I went direct through their own website.

I'll be right f*cking raging if they threaten to cancel...
Old 16 October 2006, 09:53 PM
stevebennett
Scooby Regular

you have to declare on future policies if you have had any policy canceled and thus increases your premium by around 5%-10%.

Get them to confirm in writing it was there admin cockup, otherwise your future insurance could be invalidated.

Also they have to give you 14 days notice before they can withdraw your policy, to allow time to find cover elsewhere. If not report to ombudsmen

Steve
Old 17 October 2006, 09:52 AM
greatwhite
Scooby Regular

Ba$tards, just got a letter saying exactly the same, policy canceled due to a system error. But thier website is still taking online policys.