Sponsored by:

Why does it feel like .......

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2006, 03:47 PM
stevebennett
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does it feel like .......

that most people on the road have something to prove and will do anything to get ahead even if that mean you have got to take drastic action to avoid a collision.

3 incidents in one day!!!!!

1 - coming to roundabout (tight 3m diamter) 15 mph or so, got on roundabout then for someone to come blasting out of the next juntion nearly smashing into the front of my car.

2 - coming off a set of lights heavy traffic 2 lanes filter into 1. everyone letting 1 person in, then b1tch in black astra estate coming steaming up lane 3 (right hand turn lane only) and cuts across me then decides to give me **** for not letting her in, even though i let her in as didnt want the side ripped off the car.

3 - Signalised t-juntion waiting for green, got green filter to turn right start going then from the right hand minor road someone is bearing down on me for turning right. WTF i went on the green he blatently went through a RED.

This seems to be my daily run at the moment as i travel through these junctions everyday. And cant really change my route without adding 15 minutes to my journey. When i have a french hatchback i had none of this, well maybe once or twice a month.

I am now armed with my digicam everyday just incase i do get driven into..

I just seem that there is a lot of ENVY against Scooby or EVO drivers. as the EVO driver infront of me was overtaken dangerously going through a 30 limit.
Old 15 October 2006, 04:31 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think in the cases you mentioned its just a**eholes they weren't picking on you because of the car you drive.
As you say you notice it more in the scooby but still get idiots when driving the french hatchback.
It's just the standard of driving in this country is so bad and the attitude of people when they get into their cars they are in their own little world and nothing else matters.
Old 15 October 2006, 05:45 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
I think in the cases you mentioned its just a**eholes they weren't picking on you because of the car you drive.
As you say you notice it more in the scooby but still get idiots when driving the french hatchback.
It's just the standard of driving in this country is so bad and the attitude of people when they get into their cars they are in their own little world and nothing else matters.
As above, a**holes don't care what kind of car you drive. Some people just shouldn't be on the road!

Ns04
Old 15 October 2006, 07:21 PM
mac2
Scooby Regular

happens all the time roads have got some shocking drivers on them now,seems to have got alot worse last year or two.i can gurantee if i drive just a short 15 mins journey i will see at least 3 near misses,people not letting anyone out,tail gating,no indicators(roundabouts and changing lanes)etc,etc should all be lined up and shot.in my experience its mainly women not all the time but mainly and even my gf admits most women are shocking drivers.
Old 15 October 2006, 08:04 PM
kev1120
Scooby Regular

I was on the receiving end of an a**hole driver today joining the m1 I was following 2 Vauxhalls on to the m1in the outside lane of the slip road the first Vauxhall driver decided he would go at his own speed in the outside lane so no one could pass and the next thing I know I had a 4x4 next to me so I had to break and pull in behind him, I have found that people don’t like to let you in if you have a scoob.