Sponsored by:

The Next Step

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2006, 01:05 PM
Surgical Spirit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Next Step

Having got my 05 WRX this summer and as a consequence catching the scooby bug I am undecided what to do next so thought I would seek the opinion of you guys out there in the know.

At first I was thinking of getting the PPP for my car then I thought why bother? Why not just wait a year or so until the used prices come down a bit and use that money I would have spent against an STi so that I can then get a tuning package from someone like powerstation and have a properly fast scoob. So really my question is this would you;

a.Buy an 05 STi ( i like the interior from the 05 onwards)
b.Pay a bit more for a 2.5 STi on the grounds that it will only get 20bhp or so more than the 05.
c.What other improvements on the 06 model would make it properly worth shelling out that extra cash, or getting a higher mileage one over a lower miled 05

All ideas greatly recieved...
Old 10 October 2006, 01:25 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

You haven't said whether you like the lOOk of the new model or not, but if you're considering it, i guess so.

If i was going to buy another one, i'd go for a JDM/Spec C. Seems to be all-round superior. And with a remap will see you around 360/360. Now that will be fast!
Old 10 October 2006, 05:00 PM
Surgical Spirit
Scooby Regular

Looks don't bother me too much, more concerned with cost and mechanical enhancements.

Was thinking around the 17k mark early next yr to let depreciation work its magic, I haven't seen a whole load of JDM's on the second hand market - unless you know of a good source (have been on litchfields site).