Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Interior Progress

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2001, 12:48 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice looking car. As far as the glovebox goes, it should just take a couple of minutes. My cars an RB5, but should be the same procedure for any MY99 or similar car.

Here is some pics for the screws I needed to remove before the glovebox came out fully.

Stefan
Old 06 April 2001, 12:57 AM
Houlbt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers Stefan,

Slightly crossed wires I think. I've had the glove box out (identical screws to yours) to cloour code the left air vents. My problem is with the centre glove box on top of the dash (you can see on the left of my photo that this isn't painted yet).

Chiark and Nito to the rescue (similar post in the interior section of this BB)I reckon I can crack on and finish the job I started this weekend.

TOM
Old 06 April 2001, 02:23 AM
Houlbt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Thought I would have a go at making the interior of my Scoobie a little more exciting, but didn't fancy forking out for the Nitosport job... (too much £££ I could have spent elsewhere)

So I did it myself.... and that is the results so far, still need to do the centre piece, and probably the piece around the gear shift. Don't want to over do it though because that will ruin the effect.

Need to get a white dial boost gauge some time....the black one fitte is starting to annoy me.

Can anyone give me a few pointers for removing the centre 'glove box' piece? This is one piece incorporating the airvents below it. I removed the screws under the blanking plates within the glove box and the two in the cup holder slot (not sure that was necessary).....but the glove box stll did not feel like it wanted to come out... any tips?

While I'm on the subject....what about the centre console altogether?
Old 06 April 2001, 01:27 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Ok, I'm off to the muppet forum

Stefan