Sponsored by:

proud owner of a new sti

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2006, 06:51 AM
tomfraser
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question proud owner of a new sti

hello all, had my scooby for a week and i love it,just wondering if i should get the prodrive fitted! are would i get more power off putting some other stuff on?
could i just get it remapped? and how much power could i get and how much would it cost? sorry about all the questions?
Old 04 October 2006, 08:50 AM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

Glad you are loving the Scooby First of all is it in waranty? If so PPP will keep the waranty intact. If it's a brand new scoob have PPP fitted at the first service. If it's not under waranty the world is your oyster do a search on here and you will find loads of info tuning.

Simpsons
Old 04 October 2006, 12:32 PM
tomfraser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simpsons !
Glad you are loving the Scooby First of all is it in waranty? If so PPP will keep the waranty intact. If it's a brand new scoob have PPP fitted at the first service. If it's not under waranty the world is your oyster do a search on here and you will find loads of info tuning.

Simpsons
yeah its just 1 week old, so think i will go for the ppp, do you think the will be alot of difference in the power?
Old 04 October 2006, 12:43 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have an "exhaust friendly" dealership, get a good, not too loud, system and a bespoke re-map form someone like TSL, Powerstation etc. Nothing against PPP but you'll see much better results. The only visable change is the exhaust! In hindsight, that is what I would have done when I got my STi in 03 Now I have the PPP exhaust and TSL re-map.
JohnD
Old 04 October 2006, 04:22 PM
tomfraser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
If you have an "exhaust friendly" dealership, get a good, not too loud, system and a bespoke re-map form someone like TSL, Powerstation etc. Nothing against PPP but you'll see much better results. The only visable change is the exhaust! In hindsight, that is what I would have done when I got my STi in 03 Now I have the PPP exhaust and TSL re-map.
JohnD
thanks for that info! who does re mapping in the northeast? and how much would it cost?

thanks
tom
Old 04 October 2006, 09:55 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tomfraser
thanks for that info! who does re mapping in the northeast? and how much would it cost?

thanks
tom
How north are you?

Andy F (http://andyforrestperformance.co.uk/) is just outside Edinburgh. Very highly recommended. He has done a lot of peoples cars on here (inc mine )

The initial remap (which includes purchasing the license) will be about £600. Subsequent maps will be about £200.