Sponsored by:

Eany - Meany - Miney - MOAN!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2000, 04:46 PM
Black Cat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

To say that I am becoming less and less impressed with my unimpressive Impreza is an understatement. In fact the Volvo C70 is looking exceptionally attractive at the moment and test drive booked.

Since I've had it, a MY99 WRX, there have been constant things going wrong, recently I thought some of the problems were because of the accident but when I think back it was never really right before.

Now it's the alarm which has completely immobilised the car so I can't do anything, everytime you go near it the alarm goes off and won't stop, we've even taken the battery off, but the alarm has ... guess what... it's own battery back up... so hope my neighbours forgive me as we all have to endure this noise for 10 minutes.

And if you're reading this, I would really appreciate it if the dealer I brought the car from would return my numerous calls. Especially, in light of the fact that the company used to install the alarm in the first place have now gone out of business or have changed their phone number. I really need some help here, I have a totally useless box of bolts sitting in my garage screaming it's dumb head off every time you get near it.

Not impressed... not....

Next stop Volvo...

[This message has been edited by Black Cat (edited 02 November 2000).]
Old 02 November 2000, 04:51 PM
BillyHeadcase
Scooby Regular

Talking

I must be missing the point......what exactly is your problem? All sounds AOK to me sunshine, you have a scooby in your garage, end of.
Erm, Tara
Old 02 November 2000, 04:56 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

We have a Volvo C70 GT (250BHP) model @ work.

Great for touring - the guy who runs it often borrows my MY99 Turbo as in his words "it is a lot more rewarding to drive"
The C70 has a great sound system and a good cruiser. it feels big, heavy and sluggish compared to my car.

His spends more time back at the dealership having warrany work done on it than my car.

I find that it struggles to put 250BHP down thru the front wheels.
May i suggest switching off the 'TRACS' for your test drive.

I does look quite nice though as i look at it in my rear view mirror

Question - Who did you pay to fit the alarm - was it the dealer - if so it is THEIR problem and they should sort it out. Try writing to the general manager or dealer pricipal and give them 7 days to respond - no reponse, small claims court (dependant on the amount in question) you should win the case - get it fixed or your money back.If you paid the Alarm fitters direct then contact the liquidator to find out their assets/liabilities. Try contacting the company who manufactures/distributes the alarm in the UK and tell them your tale of woe - they may take pity/ownership of the problem.

good luck

Paul

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 02 November 2000).]

Old 02 November 2000, 05:57 PM
NickF
Scooby Regular

At the risk of being flamed, try a BMW 330i.

I know that BMW's have a poor reputation among the driving cognoscenti ("soggy, real men don't drive them.... ") but trust me, the 330i is abso-bloody-lutely fabulous to drive.

Yes, it's wildly expensive for what it is, no, it's nowhere near as raw a driving experience as a Scoob, and yes, everyone will think you're a sad image-obsessed pony-tailed red-braced advertising jerk, but it does have its virtues. Like an amazing engine, and a feeling that it was designed to take this power from the start.

I've driven the C70 (though in 190(?) bhp format, not the full-house version) and to be honest wasn't that impressed. Seemed nicely made, but it creaked a bit, rolled a lot, seemed to have lifeless steering, and was ever so expensive. It seemed like a nicely-made Ford, rather than any sort of enthusiast's car.

The 330i, on the other hand, felt really special, and I'd go so far as to say that it ranks in my top 5 of cars driven. That doesn't stop me from disliking the smug salesman (he HATED it when I told him that I couldn't possibly buy it as I had a real problem with their image .... nothing to do with the fact that I can't afford it, and it's too small for what I need) and the breathtakingly pricy options list.

Nick
Old 02 November 2000, 06:22 PM
Tim Bomford
Scooby Regular

nice to see you post Penni. Welcome back

Tim
Old 02 November 2000, 07:05 PM
Dave Thornton
Scooby Regular

The grass won't be greener Penni. Alarms can go wrong on Volvos too. Find yourself a good auto-electrician or consider fitting a new alarm system. Hope you get it sorted - it must be very frustrating.
Old 02 November 2000, 07:29 PM
Graham Stocker
Scooby Regular

Blackcat i know someone who will sort this problem out for you. But as you have no e mail adress you will have to e mail me with your phone number so i can pass on his number. Sounds complicated i know but i dont want to give numbers on air. Graham.

Trending Topics

Old 02 November 2000, 07:39 PM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Nick, Volvos ARE nicely made Fords (you must have been waiting for that ). I have driven a friends C70 T5. Very nice car, all the trimings but as a drivers car very uninspiring compared to a Legacy or Impreza Turbo.

Penni - for something a bit different if you can wait, the Jaguar X-Type looks as though it will be a nice vehicle

Mick
Old 02 November 2000, 10:29 PM
Hos
Scooby Regular

Question

Blackcat,
Why not just find a alarm fitter/dealer in the yellow pages drop round, tell him the problem, and he should be able to sort it for you. It may cost you £10 for 30 mins tinkering about but its the problem sorted?
Hos