Sponsored by:

forester sites?

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2006, 07:51 PM
ianch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question forester sites?

hi does anyone know if there are any good sites for foresters for information or forums?
my dad is after another 4x4 and has been looking at freelanders but i suggested having a look at foresters instead

thanks ian
Old 29 September 2006, 08:03 PM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

www.subaruforester.org should do the trick. Covers everything from people raising the height to drive to Cape York in Australia and people tuning them for track use. There is also a European section, some of those people hang out on here too.
Old 29 September 2006, 08:07 PM
ianch
Scooby Regular

Smile

cool thanks for that ! trying to convert him to subaru lol my brother had a freelander that was nothing but hassle and my dad currently has a discovery which has been the same !

told him had no problems at all with the two subarus id owned (impreza's) and foresters would be ideal for him!
do you know if they are roughly the same height and ground clearance as the freelander?

thanks again ian
Old 29 September 2006, 09:25 PM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

Hmmm, I'm not sure a Forester is a 4x4. If it is, then an Impreza is a 4x4 too !

Having said that, have a look at the calendar here: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...9&postcount=22

I find it fascinating that the same model of car can do the stuff shown in the April and July pictures, while also being able to do the stuff shown for March and August.

I don't know how a Freelander would get on at those types of activities, I'd certainly expect it to fail dismally on the track. Get your dad to pose his questions over on the forum, once he's involved in the community he's more likely to buy one !
Old 29 September 2006, 09:29 PM
ianch
Scooby Regular

well hes never gonna use it for the terrain in some of those shots lol
it will be mostly road use which is why i thought it would suit him better than what he has and the freelander
thanks again will get him to take a look
Old 30 September 2006, 12:50 AM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Ian - Motorpoint have some good deals on some Foresters - save a fortune. They will have come to UK via official Malta Subaru distributor and will have full 3 yr Subaru european warranty. I got my Impreza from Motorpoint back in Jan 05 and was very pleased with the service etc.

http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/vehicle_...vehicle=105468

cheers
Tim.
Old 30 September 2006, 07:13 AM
wrx_yank
Scooby Regular

get a forester STi... jdm spec...... oooh la la

Trending Topics

Old 30 September 2006, 09:12 AM
ianch
Scooby Regular

Smile

i love my impreza but id like to give an sti foresester a go saw found some v ery nice ones at www.litchfieldimports.co.uk

once again thanks for all the advice i will convert my dad to a subaru lol

Last edited by ianch; 30 September 2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 30 September 2006, 12:10 PM
Soggydog
Scooby Newbie

I may be able to help here, as I have a Freelander, a UK Fozzie Turbo S and I've just bought a UK GLS Forester (non turbo)

I live on a working farm and I'm selling the Freeloader as it is unbelieveably sh*te on every level. They break down, rattle and have major mechanical failures as soon as you loook at them. They came 2nd bottom on the JD power survey (God knows what beat them!!) It's going this week!

Both the Turbo and the GLS have about the same ground clearance as the Freeloader, and both cope well in mud too (had the Turbo up to the axles in mud pulling the Freelander out of trouble more than once!) The manual Fozzie has a high/low range selector, which works very well, the auto has a switch that allows you to pull away in 2nd (just a lock really) and seems to work fine too. If you put the right tyres on a Fozzie (A/Ts) it'll do extraordinary things off road, but don't expect the axle articulation of a "proper" off roader.

Hope this helps

Martin