Sport Special

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2006, 10:00 PM
Marky2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport Special

Hey!

Ive been offered the chance to buy a very genuine and exellent condition BLACK IMPREZA SPORTS SPECIAL and with the high cost of insurance I thought I could buy it with an alternative to the turbo.

Iam just looking for peoples opinions, either who have them, or anything thats good or bad about them.

Any comments would be really appreciated and any pics of black sports that are standard or kitted up would be very nice.

THANKS.
Old 21 September 2006, 10:44 PM
Dannybwoy
Scooby Regular

Hi Mate

I dont have a Sport Special, but i do have a sport ( have a look at my post in members gallary, called 'what do you think- work in progress)

I love mine. I have modded her nicely with a few more bits yet to go on, and a sport special comes with lots of the things as standard i have put on mine.

If you are not bothered about insane performance, then you get all the same looks but without the big hole in your pocket. The Borla manifold gives it the same offbeat burble as a turbo as well.

Its up to you, if you primerily like the look of classic impreza's, as i do, then go for it, if you are after the all out speed of the turbo, then dont bother.

The choice is yours

Dan
Old 22 September 2006, 07:50 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

ive had both as my first two cars... sport was a belter of a first car, but the turbo... ooof, if you can afford extre fuel/insurance/running costs etc, go for that...

andy
Old 22 September 2006, 09:00 AM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

The sport isn't really an alternative to a turbo, ie it's not just the same but with an n/a engine.

If you're not all that worried about the performance though they are reliable, make a nice noise and look good. Bit thirsty for what they are, but I guess that's 4wd for you.

Dave
Old 22 September 2006, 09:00 AM
filfy
Scooby Regular

Hi Have you tryed logging on to www.imprezasport.net

My gf has a black sport special and loves it to bits she has a borla and a vortex on the way so she can have the sound of a turbo scoob but at half the running cost.
Old 22 September 2006, 09:35 AM
kathryn_239
Scooby Regular

I have an impreza sport. Its DBM with gold super leggera's. I have a p1 style splitter to go on. I have had a borla manifold on for about a month now, and is the best thing anyone could buy for a sport. (there is a definate difference in speed too)

Here is a picture of how it looks at the mo, and if i can work out how to upload a sound clip from my phone, i will put that on here too.

sports special will look pretty much like this (seats, spoiler)

Kathryn
Old 22 September 2006, 10:29 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

Sport is excellant, go for it I had a sport and 2 turbos and to be honest where I drive the sport was more than enough and great fun too. Wish Id never sold it.
Old 22 September 2006, 10:45 AM
watto52
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by filfy
Hi Have you tryed logging on to www.imprezasport.net

My gf has a black sport special and loves it to bits she has a borla and a vortex on the way so she can have the sound of a turbo scoob but at half the running cost.

So you can still have a burble with the sport?
I ask, because around here, theres an impreza, im sure its a sport, hasnt got bonnet vent or FMIC.
Old 22 September 2006, 11:12 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Yes you can get a burble form a sport, but fitting a Borla mainifold and part or full exhaust... see this thread: http://www.imprezasport.net/forums/i...showtopic=8941
Old 22 September 2006, 11:16 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

Dont even worry too much about borlas, I had magnex back box and rear cat removed with a straight through centre section and it sounded sweet.
Old 22 September 2006, 12:12 PM
Dannybwoy
Scooby Regular

The borla does make a the car sound completely different, trust me.

The standard sport manifold comes out the bottom of the cylinders and into one pipe for each side, this then joins the other side, still into one pipe and then onto the centre section. And it is all equal length.

The borla on the other hand has a single pipe for each cylinder all the way to where it meets the centre section, just as i would imagine standard turbo headers are made up, and of course they are unequal length.

The Burble you get is awesome, If you have never heard one in person next to a sport with standard headers, you have no idea how much difference it makes.

Dugga Dugga !!!

Dan