Sponsored by:

Safeplate ?

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2006, 08:28 AM
speedy steve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Safeplate ?

Noticed there is an advert for the "safeplate" spray on scoobynet, does this stuff actually work ? have heard many negative reports about this kind of stuff being completely useless.... nothing specifically directed at "safeplate" admittedly, has anyone tried it ? or more importantly has anyone tried it & then been flashed with no consequences ?

SS
Old 14 September 2006, 01:23 PM
Izzy
Scooby Regular

To be honest I think anything like this is very unlikely to work anywhere as well as is claimed..... There's no real way of testing it, as applied to your car, without trying it for real against real Gatsos - & I wouldnt want the consiquences when it doesnt work. Also, if it clearly effects the way your 'plates look, a copper in a particularly vengefull mood could charge you attempting to pervert the course of justice etc....

Personally I wouldnt bother with it....
Old 14 September 2006, 01:31 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

Tell you what, buy a can, use it, go through a camera and wait 2 weeks see if you get a letter!
Old 14 September 2006, 02:02 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Don't be daft
Old 14 September 2006, 02:31 PM
Abx
Scooby Regular

This stuff CAN work, watched one of those 'Police,Camera,action' programes on Sky a few weeks back, think it was called 'Road Wars', the Police followed a black Golf and had their forward facing camera on, looking at the car you could see the number plate clearly but through the camera it was all blank, just a plane yellow plate.

He got a producer from what I remember but, not sure if it was a spray of special plate though on the car.
Old 14 September 2006, 07:36 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Best way not to get caught speeding is to, when u know you want a blat, put a plate on thats missing some letters or half the plate intirely,if you do get flashed/snapped etc your safe,if you get pulled,legit reason why its broken,big rock must of hit it etc etc.

obviously this applies if you dont generally speed everyday etc.
Old 15 September 2006, 12:06 AM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rig
Best way not to get caught speeding is to, when u know you want a blat, put a plate on thats missing some letters or half the plate intirely,if you do get flashed/snapped etc your safe,if you get pulled,legit reason why its broken,big rock must of hit it etc etc.

great advice.
Old 15 September 2006, 11:20 AM
my 93
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Arronb
This stuff CAN work, watched one of those 'Police,Camera,action' programes on Sky a few weeks back, think it was called 'Road Wars', the Police followed a black Golf and had their forward facing camera on, looking at the car you could see the number plate clearly but through the camera it was all blank, just a plane yellow plate.

He got a producer from what I remember but, not sure if it was a spray of special plate though on the car.
If you watched this on sky then thats through a camera but you say through the car camera it just bought up a plain yellow box?

Surely if it shows the number on the sky camera then it will show on a speed camera?
Old 15 September 2006, 11:33 AM
stevebennett
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by The Rig

Then you get a bigger fine for perverting the course of justice.. Possible Prison sentence

Better still remove the plate altogether from the front or back not both and say it fell off this morning i will fix it back on when i get home. Put the plate on the dash or in the back window obscured slightly.

worse you can get is £30 fine.

Originally Posted by bob r
great advice.
not really