Sponsored by:

WRX 300s - info thread

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2006, 06:02 PM
NorthDownsScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX 300s - info thread - 07/02/06 your edition numbers

Attention fellow 300s ... I have news on our "what number am I" questions posted in various threads over the last months.

I've been badgering my dealer for the last couple of weeks, who has been onto Subaru to get some info:

1. No way of telling on the car what number it is of the 300;
2. no certificate was / will be issued.

But....

when the Dealer went on "IMLA" (?) which is the internal Subaru database apparently, after looking up the reg number the car was first registered with, the car model type said WRX 300 (77), the "77" being the 300 number

The database also has lots of other useful info like the PIN code for the alarm, radio code etc just in case you need it.

Well what are you waiting for........

Rich

Last edited by NorthDownsScooby; 07 February 2006 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07 February 2006, 07:14 PM
ODB
Scooby Regular

Hmmm interesting, my dealer said they couldn't find this out. I shall go back to them and question them further.
Old 08 February 2006, 12:04 AM
andyfish
Scooby Regular

Cheers Rich

top work

my dealer lost the franchise but i will be onto the new local dealer to find out more.

Many thanks for taking the time to let us know

andy
Old 08 February 2006, 09:22 AM
flynnstudio
Scooby Regular

Nice work Rich!!Cheers!
Old 08 February 2006, 12:04 PM
magicdudey
Scooby Regular

STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!
I have just been on the phone to Dave at Gatwick Subaru and expalined as to how we can get my 300 number.guess what. He logged onto the database and he said, yours is the number 77............he he
The 77 is a code and nothing else.
He said are ayou both driving the same car.
Ohhh well, good try but we must be able to find out somehow?
All the best dudes of 77
Old 08 February 2006, 12:26 PM
NorthDownsScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by magicdudey
STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!
I have just been on the phone to Dave at Gatwick Subaru and expalined as to how we can get my 300 number.guess what. He logged onto the database and he said, yours is the number 77............he he
The 77 is a code and nothing else.
He said are ayou both driving the same car.
Ohhh well, good try but we must be able to find out somehow?
All the best dudes of 77
Bugger.

Oh well, back to the start again

Time to start bypassing our crummy dealer network methinks.

Rich (ex 77)
Old 08 February 2006, 02:46 PM
WRX-Jo
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your efforts, Rich - got my hopes up for a bit there!

But then we should all know better, really. I mean, are you really going to believe everything that a dealer says?

And I know it can't come from the chassis number, as my dealer told me - I would be number 657 of 300.

Well let's all keep digging - there must be a way of finding out. What's the point in limiting it to 300 if you don't know what number you are? How do we then know even if there are 300 of us?

Cheers

Jo
Old 08 February 2006, 03:11 PM
NorthDownsScooby
Scooby Regular

Ok bypassed the Dealer network staight to Technical Dept, Customer Care & Allocations at Subaru UK.

Nope doesn't look like our cars where given a number

Technical confirmed that the "limited edition" field on their computer system for my Chassis number was empty. They confirmed this was unusual.

Customer Care likewise confirmed. They couldn't think of any other limited edition range that did not have an individual number for each car, be it published or internally known. Guess that makes us special

Allocations are the department that look after all the limited edition admin, and would have sent out any Certificate if there was one. They haven't sent anything out for us and have not been told of anything pending for the WRX 300.

Next stop, UK Marketing.
Old 08 February 2006, 06:35 PM
andyfish
Scooby Regular

It may be worth as many of us as possible sending a letter to Subaru UK requesting a number be issued -
Code:
Technical confirmed that the "limited edition" field on their computer system for my Chassis number was empty. They confirmed this was unusual.
It wouldn't be too hard for them to count from 1-300 (after all they have done it before) and allocate a number against the chassis number: problem solved Anyone know which would be the best department to go to? Maybe the Chief Exec? If the envelope says "Private and Conficential. To be opened by adressee only" (I heard that anyone but the addressee opening the envelope is committing a criminal offence!). If anyone has any better ideas.........feel free to suggest them or use the letter below.

How about:

"Dear Sir

Re WRX 300 limited edition number. Chassis Number.............

I purchased the above car from [dealer] on [date] and have been dissapointed to learn that the WRX 300 was not issued with a number identifying it's unique allocation of one of the 300 models produced.

This topic has generated a lot of debate amongst WRX 300 owners on enthusiast internet hosted forums and many of the owners, including myself, feel very let down by this omission. I was under the impression that a unique allocation number would be included as standard (as Subaru did for the UK300 several years ago) and this assumption was not corrected by the dealer or the product literature.

Therefore I request that Subaru UK takes a moment and generates unique allocation numers ranging from 1 to 300 and allocate to the chassis numbers and inform customers. This would have the benefit of improving customer relations, but more importantly, underpinning the authenticity of the model and prestige of this great marque, in a similar way to that of the Prodrive Performance Pack certificate does. This would aid the resale process and value of the car. Small gestures like this are the ones that keep customers like myself returning to a brand where we feel valued.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely"
Old 08 February 2006, 06:44 PM
NorthDownsScooby
Scooby Regular

All,

today I have been through the following departments:

Press Office (General)
Public relations (Director level)
Marketing - Retail
Marketing (UK)

Currently the Director of Marketing (UK) is either ringing me back (as he was out of the office today) or will make contact via email.

Personally, I will be pursuing an allocation of numbers as per Andyfish's recommendation, and to be honest, it seems like these guys are the ones that do it, as the people I have spoken with today seem to have some real experience (I spoke with a very nice lady who was responsible for the UK300 project, and who hand posted all the certificates back in 2001.)

At a minimum I would say that picking a number and putting it in the "Limited Edition" field on their systems should be possible.

Don't worry, I am on it

Next update, Mon or Tues probs knowing Marketing people.

Rich (tba/300)
Old 08 February 2006, 07:07 PM
WRX-Jo
Scooby Regular

Thanks, Rich - you're doing a great job!
Old 08 February 2006, 09:04 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Great job there Rich.
Old 08 February 2006, 11:30 PM
Dram300
Scooby Newbie

Good job Rich, you'll should retain the designation MBE (Main Badgering Envoy) in your signature if you pull it off !!!

How do Subaru monitor their stock? By VIN number? Nah. Surely each car has an unique ID within their stock control? Someone had to have a WIP card to track with, they must have had individual WIP numbers.

Even if the stock ID's are non-sequential, its not beyond the wit of man (or woman, never mind an inventory control system) to cross reference the stock codes and give them a unique 'x of 300' identity.

Lobby them, whoever they are, to cross-reference the part codes and get little WRX300 ID plates made up for dealers to retrofit into the stepover.

I'm welling up now. No one cares for her like I do.

Some stoopid, albeit random, yet still vaguely sensible questions to consider?

Where was my '300 born?
When did it become a '300? Who put the gearknob on?
The blue trim in the doors?
The Mats? Are their 300 left and 300 right in existence?
The logos on the bodywork? Only 600 300s for the wings?
What did it do in its formative years before it got PPP'd at the dealer?
Why does the '300 have regular seats unlike the deeper seated with thigh supports regular WRX bucket?
Old 09 February 2006, 06:37 PM
andyfish
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NorthDownsScooby
All,

today I have been through the following departments:

Press Office (General)
Public relations (Director level)
Marketing - Retail
Marketing (UK)

Currently the Director of Marketing (UK) is either ringing me back (as he was out of the office today) or will make contact via email.

Personally, I will be pursuing an allocation of numbers as per Andyfish's recommendation, and to be honest, it seems like these guys are the ones that do it, as the people I have spoken with today seem to have some real experience (I spoke with a very nice lady who was responsible for the UK300 project, and who hand posted all the certificates back in 2001.)

At a minimum I would say that picking a number and putting it in the "Limited Edition" field on their systems should be possible.

Don't worry, I am on it

Next update, Mon or Tues probs knowing Marketing people.

Rich (tba/300)
Top man, Rich

and thanks for the nice words via PM

cheers

andy
Old 10 July 2006, 11:31 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

sorry to drag this up but...

http://www.allapprovedcars.com/Used-...arDetails.aspx

Old 10 July 2006, 11:52 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dram300
The logos on the bodywork? Only 600 300s for the wings?
I hope not as the 0's have fallen out of mine and Sparshatts are meant to have ordered me a set of new badges to replace them.

What about starting up a club or at least a register?

BTW anyone else dyno'd theirs yet to check they ahve the full 265? Mine was spot on at Powerstation and has proven to be not that shabby along side some more powerful cars.
Old 11 July 2006, 12:19 AM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gazz300
I hope not as the 0's have fallen out of mine and Sparshatts are meant to have ordered me a set of new badges to replace them.

BTW anyone else dyno'd theirs yet to check they ahve the full 265? Mine was spot on at Powerstation and has proven to be not that shabby along side some more powerful cars.
you CAN get the badges mate as the same happend to me . the black out of the 3 just fell off so i got another. £10ish. part number - USACC7600-300

good to hear 265 on the dyno. you using optimax? mines going well apart had a bit of trouble starting and excessive front left tyre wear. getting tracking looked at next week.
Old 11 July 2006, 12:22 AM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dram300
The Mats? Are their 300 left and 300 right in existence?
I have succesfully got hold of a new set through parts department so must be more than 300. also had wing badges.
Old 11 July 2006, 07:28 AM
jonnyrex
Scooby Regular

Ive had a full set of badges wings and rear...The black inserts fell out....The missis was driving around in a "wrx 30" then a wrx "0"...OMG
Old 14 September 2006, 09:30 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default WRX 300

Has anyone any news on the WRX 300 having a limited edition number allocated to each car, or is it just a case of them creating a "limited edition" to sell off a few before the new model came along. Whatever the case I think it's a fantastic car , even without an allocated number.
Old 15 September 2006, 12:41 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up WRX300's are sexy!

....Guys . . I think we are missing the point here . . .The WRX300 is the greatest Subaru ever made in the world . . . . .Everything else is just rubbish!
Old 15 September 2006, 10:15 AM
bazwrx300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gazz300

Had mine on a rolling road, only put out 230bhp. i think a bought a scrapper but making dealer change, offered me a STI but have ordered him like a dog to get me another wrx 300. I guess this means that i am the king of wrx 300s as i hopefully will have owned 2!!!
I think this means i should get NO1 in the limited edition
Old 15 September 2006, 11:20 AM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

am i the only one whos 300 badgeing has been put together with blu-tac? ive had one wing badge replace and the stripe and 300 on the boot done!!!
Old 15 September 2006, 11:48 AM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by C2forWRX
am i the only one whos 300 badgeing has been put together with blu-tac? ive had one wing badge replace and the stripe and 300 on the boot done!!!
No problems at all with my badges coming away from the bodywork