ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Insurance Query

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2000, 07:56 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

I have been enquiring recently about insurance for my (yet to be delivered Scooby) and I have had a quote that is a little bit hard to believe. New car, only standard alarm etc, kept outside, 32 year old, full ncb. The qoute came from a firm called Quoteline direct who are linked to the Autotrader site, the question is: does anyone have any experience of this broker or does anyone have any knowledge of them. Oh just to let you know, the quote was £332. I told you it was hard to believe!.
Old 19 January 2000, 09:40 PM
SteveM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hi Ron,

I also posted the very same reaction to a quote from Quoteline. They quoted me £247.

When I rang them to confirm the quote they said that it was a rough guide which uses very high excesses to bring the quote down.

They eventually quoted me £590, which in itself is not a bad quote.

If i were you i would ring them and have the quote confirmed but expect it to be a lot more than that.

Steve
Old 20 January 2000, 08:19 AM
KRS
Scooby Regular

Sounds bloody good to me. Just check the excess. But also worth checking how much they are insuring your vehicle for and how long it would take to process claims etc.

Work on the basis of 'you get what you pay for'.

Impreza quotes do seem to be going down though, which is good news!!

Old 20 January 2000, 09:59 AM
Orville
Scooby Regular

The Quoteline direct electronic quotation is a con and a ploy to get you to call them. I was quoted £330, then when I rang to confirm the bas7ards quoted £785. A complete waste of time.
Old 01 November 2000, 12:09 AM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Keanu

Can you please let me know who the company is either here or to my email address.
Old 01 November 2000, 11:39 AM
Keanu
Scooby Newbie

Cool

Hi

Not sure how many people will read this since the topic is quite old but I have found searching on insurance invaluable in giving links to good insurance companies to contact soooo....

It's that time of year again and I have been frantically searching for insurance. Highest I've had is not printable on the grounds I would be swearing my head off!
However the lowest I have had is £200+ better than anyone else (and I should know - I've called a few :-) and this was through What Car.
When I was going through the quote the guy asked the customary "what's the best you've had" to which I have had to reply around about £1k (2 speeding offences and a claim hasn't helped even with 4 years NCD!) and you could tell he was happy when he gave me his quote!

I had to ask why it was so low and he replied along the lines that since they know how safe the car is, and because they gave it best in group accolades etc etc they give a hefty discount for it, which is nice!

The number, in case anyone wants it is: 0845 741 3554

Hope this helps anyone needing it!

Chris