Unhappy

Super special tickets now on sale from
Old 23 October 2000, 04:55 PM
Buf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thanks Chandler, great news.

How can they judge how many event pass holders will turn up? If I turn up with my event pass and am told that the Special Stage is full, it would p155 me off big time.

Buf.
Old 23 October 2000, 05:31 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Spoke to Glen Williams from Cardiff marketing who are promoting the rally last week. I asked if the tickets for the three days included entry to the Superspecial. He confirmed that they did but also stated thet entry was not guaranteed. This will be decided by the boys in blue who may well limit entry depending on the traffic situation at the time. Not good when you know the roads around here.

I also expessed my opinion regarding the running of the rally over the weekend.In previous years the rally has been held on weekdays, so people had to take time off work to attend therefore limiting numbers. This year however many more casual first timers will want to have a look which in my opinion will cause traffic chaos.

Glen Williams stated that in future all events will run to this format for TV and commercial reasons.

One more point to make is that if anyone is coming to Cardiff for the rally then hotels fill up very fast at all times of the year so book early if your coming.

Cheers

Chip.

Old 23 October 2000, 05:39 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys!

I've been trying to find this out for months!

Better get there Thursday morning to get in!!!!

OK: Just READ the above link:
<B>Thursday November 23:
Gates open: 5.30pm
Racing starts: 6.50pm

Saturday November 25
Gates open: 4pm
Racing starts: 5.20pm

Superspecial Tickets
Tickets cost just £20 for a covered grandstand seat with free car parking, or £10 for a field ticket.

But with just a limited number of tickets available hurry to avoid disappointment!
</B>

And they expect to fill a place like that in 1hr 20minutes!! They must be mad!!! It's going to be chaos - Everyone with a three day pass will turn up!

Pi**-up in a Brewery anyone?

Chris

[This message has been edited by CharlieWhiskey (edited 23 October 2000).]
Old 23 October 2000, 11:41 PM
APJ
Scooby Regular

Wink

Errr . . . so, for a casual first timer like myself, who's missus will only let him out for one of the days . . . where's the best place to go? Interested in the SS, but how about somewhere like Margam Park?

Andrew

Old 23 October 2000, 11:49 PM
NATH
Scooby Newbie

Only One problem with it is.............. it has turned into a "Corparate Sport" now a days (similar to F1)........so hence forgetting the spectator whom is paying. "Special Stages" are for guys who promote/sponsor the event........Lets face it who has seen every SS whilst driving to the Event????
Old 24 October 2000, 11:12 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Nath

I've just come back from Italy and can tell you that I would far rather pay a fee and be able to see a well run, safe stage. We didn't see anything of leg 2 in Italy and didn't attempt leg 3, due to cars and camper vans choking all of the access roads, THE DAY BEFORE!!!

The stages were frequently delayed due to over crowding and p1ss poor organisation. Imagine the delight of all the true rally fans, who walked 5km up a mountain on Sunday, to see 14 cars out of an expected 260 and have the rest of the day's rally cancelled.
Old 24 October 2000, 07:37 PM
rawsy
Scooby Regular

Red face

Pete -

We were also at San Remo and had very few problems watching all the stages. We stayed up in the mountains, and got to the stage the night before. Only problems with this were the crappy italian drivers who tried 3-point turns in their camper vans on tiny mountain roads at the first sign of any hold ups, making the problem even worse. We always reached the stage eventually though.

It was far better than the GB rally in that once you were on the stage and sorted, then it was possible to see all the cars go through upto 4 times in one day (except Sunday which, as you say, was the exception). No messing around trying to catch 2 stages per day and being caught in major traffic like at the GB rally.

And the added bonus of this is that you can also drink the italians free grapa all day :-)

Also saw you taking advantage of Prodrive hospitality pop, at the service area in san remo.

I would recommend any european rally over the GB rally anyday.

G
Old 25 October 2000, 10:27 PM
silver
Scooby Regular

Not been to a rally before but wife bought two 4 day passes for my birthday (bless her).
This bit about extra cost for super special stage in Cardiff on the Thursday baffles me, the Network Q official web page states that the '2000 Event Pass (£45)offers access to all stages on all days' no mention of extra £10 or £20. I will not be best pleased to take a day off work, pay to cross the bridge and drive down in the afternoon only to pay extra or at worse be told I can't enter due to over capacity!
On another note any top tips on best stages, where to park and possibilities of covering more than one stage a day (what with the horror stories I've heard about driving from stage to stage?)
Old 27 October 2000, 04:57 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Red face

Does anyone know whose responsible for these bloody stupid decisions. Is it Net Q , RACMSA or what. Its like selling 150,000 tickets to the FA cup final then only letting 100,000 in thro the gates . Pathetic.
Chip.
Old 27 October 2000, 07:12 PM
davespencer
Scooby Regular

When i rang the MSA they informed me that if you have a pass you will have a car sticker to give you priority on routes set up by them so as to gain better access into stages. I only hope this works after being in last years fiasco. Dave
Old 28 October 2000, 03:57 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

MSA obviously dont know the locatipn of this stage then. There are two roads to the stage which are both highly congested every night at rush hour with traffic leaving the city centre,so how they will give priority to pass holders baffles me. It is just a recipe for disaster unless of course nobody bothers to turn up.
Chip.
Old 28 October 2000, 06:10 PM
CharlieWhiskey
Scooby Regular

Does the Event Pass qualify you for a covered grandstand or just a field ticket????

Looks like it is going to be chaos in the Cardiff rush-hour traffic.

How far out of the City Centre is it?

Chris
Old 28 October 2000, 07:13 PM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

I ordered 2 Covered Grandstand tickets on Monday, I am still waiting for them to turn up!
Old 29 October 2000, 02:57 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Charlie Whisky
Its not that far from the city centre(about 2 miles). I think it might be better to park around the Cardiff Bay Area then walk to the stage. This should only take about 10 mins. Alternatively there is a rail station in Cardiff Bay. Park in the city centre then walk to stage which again will be about 10 mins. Ill find out train times and post them here soon if you want.

Ian/555
Ordered my tickets 3 months ago. Still nothing. Was told they would be dispatched on 30 Sept. Waiting to hear from Net Q.

Chip.
Old 30 October 2000, 08:05 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Heard from Net Q today. Event pass does not give access to covered grandstand seat only the standing areas. Tickets should bve sent out next week.
Chip.
Old 31 October 2000, 08:43 AM
SPJ
Scooby Regular

There's been mention of the Event Passes giving access to the Superspecial, but does the Day Pass allow access as well?

All the bumff says that the day pass allows access to any stage on the day.Does this mean any number of stages on the day?

OK , so we'll be lucky to see one per day with the traffic congestion everyone's expecting,but just for the record!

Cheers
Steve