Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Close call with poor-sighted 206 driver....

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2006, 10:26 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Close call with poor-sighted 206 driver....

A woman pulled out into the side of me tonight whilst I was overtaking her and a slow moving tractor. I followed both her and the tractor for a number of miles before overtaking, she had plenty of chances but seemed happy to trot along behind the tractor until I overtook, at which point she doddered out into the side of me. Before anyone starts, I wasn't driving aggressively/dangerously etc - it was just one of those things.

Luckily, the only damage is to my passenger wing mirror, and a couple of superficial scratches to my doors which will polish out. Due to me being too nice for my own good, I've let it go and will just repair the damage myself, as will she.

I now need a new shell for my wing mirror - mine are electric, so I need to know if the shell from a non-electric mirror can be used to re-home the electric gubbins from mine and put back on? My electrics still work, and my glass isn't smashed, so all I actually need is the outer shell part.

I've placed a post in the wanted section, but wanted to check here whether the electric and non-electric casings are interchangeable. If anyone has one, or knows of a car being broken - especially if it's in 53C (555) blue, please let me know.

Cheers all,

Brian.
Old 29 August 2006, 10:31 PM
Bil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i normally flash the beam lights wildly prior to doing any manoeuvre on the road, and i judge the driver ahead to see how crap or gud they might be