Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS ONE NUMBNUT ?

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2006, 12:53 PM
ralphandcarol
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHY IS THERE ALWAYS ONE NUMBNUT ?

As there has been a thread running for a couple of weeks now re:
"North London meet" at Enfield yesterday I thought I would go along to say hi to people I have not seen in a while and hi to some new faces.

It must be said the turn out was pretty good for only the second meet with a good cross section of cars both Classic and New Age and total numbers of around 25 Scoobs.

To all the people I met yesterday for the first time it was good to sit, chat and chill out made even better by the fact that the weather was actually fairly pleasant, by this countries standards, anyway!.

My only beef is, that as we all decided to call it a day and go our own ways some Numbnut decided it was time to start tearing up the carpark doing H/brake turns and general idiotic hooning, all this in a car park being used by members of the public attending TGI's with their kids and families.

Not only was it dangerous it also gives more ammunition to the "anti performance car brigade" and in this instance, deservedly so.

I am not a killjoy and have been known to get a bit exhuberant myself, but when and where it is safe to do so.

If there is another North London meet, and I sincerely hope there is, can the person involved, you know who you are, either stay at home or come along and enjoy yourself but with your brain engaged this time.

R
Old 28 August 2006, 02:04 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Name & shame
Old 28 August 2006, 02:21 PM
peahead
Scooby Regular

Cool re tgi yesday

i was there 5 till about 6 obviously the person in carpark "enjoying himself " was bit later.........well wat can one say ..........which is why when i started a thread of these meets remember 1st one last month i suggested Whitewebbs House.....a quiet pleasant place where one would not possibly even could not play in the car park to this degree...........and where they serve food and nice atmosphere........... like i posted in the past the v-dubb boys meet there 1st thurs of month 8 ish pm may be worth having a mid week turnout there, flat fours and flat fours!!!!!!!
Old 28 August 2006, 02:33 PM
ralphandcarol
Scooby Regular

peahead,
Sorry did not get the chance to introduce myself but i hope it was worth going in your opinion ?
Talking to Esh, I think we are going for a different location next time anyways so that should put an end to it.
Hope to natter next month,
Ralph
Old 28 August 2006, 08:09 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Advertise the next meet and make it quite clear that the person involved is not welcome at this meet. If you have his name or details of his car, post them up so at least other groups can be warned to watch out for the idiot.
JohnD
Old 28 August 2006, 08:12 PM
baz69birds
Scooby Regular

Yes there is always 1
ruines it for every1
Old 01 September 2006, 10:49 AM
ESH
Scooby Regular

Having just spoken to Ralph I couldn't agree more.

In trying to form North London Subarus we don't want to get off on the wrong footing. Essentially this will rule out future meets on the A10 retail park which is a shame as its really accessible to all and ensured a good turn out last weekend.

Anyway I would welcome suggestions on a venue for this months (September) meet.

Great turn out all!!

Esh