WR1 No 204 Reg UK04SRT STOLEN from Donington Park Circuit

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2006, 04:09 AM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry WR1 No 204 Reg UK04SRT STOLEN from Donington Park Circuit

Hi Guys,

My WR1 Reg No UK04SRT was stolen from the competitors car park at Donington Park circuit yesterday evening, sometime between 4 and 5 pm.

It was spotted on police cameras on the M42 and I understand after that there was a pursuit somewhere in Warwickshire but the scumbags got away.

Other distinguishing features if the plates have been changed may include the passes displayed in the windscreen mostly on the nearside which include BTCC Competitors pass, Silverstone Racing Club Pass, Goodwood Road Racing Club badge and Goodwood Aero Club badge.

It appears the tracker was either ripped out by the theiving @*@*@*@* or did not function properly

Anyone spot anything please pm me or report to Leicestershire police who are dealing with the theft.

Regards,

Robin
Old 28 July 2006, 05:58 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

I hope you get it back soon. Sadly this is not the first Scoob nicked from Donington
Old 28 July 2006, 07:18 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Gutted for you Robin............... scum bags seem to know exactly how to bypass the tracker........
Old 28 July 2006, 07:26 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Gutted for you Robin the WR1 is such a beautiful car too, hope the police catch the scumbags or they crash it and die
Cheers
Colin
Old 28 July 2006, 09:30 AM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.
Unhappy

Sorry to hear about that mate..... Whats the world coming to when you cannot leave your car for 1 hours or so!!!
A friend of mine nearly had his stolen the other month at the pod.
Old 28 July 2006, 10:31 AM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the messages.

Just been on to the police and Trackstar - no news from either.

The police have not seen the car since aborting the pursuit in Warwickshire.

Trackstar have just said they did not receive a signal from the car and still have not done. When I queried how this was possible, the disinterested @@@@ in their Customer Service department said 'lots of theives know how to disable them'. Gives you confidence eh?

As for the immobiliser etc.,.. I guess the same applies......

The car was parked little more than 100m from the security gate, yet the fat lazy @@@@ in a hi viz jacket claimed he didn't see or hear a thing - I bet he would be the first to give me a hard time if there was the slightest thing wrong with any of my passes! <rant over>

Will keep you informed.

Kind regards,

Robin
Old 28 July 2006, 10:43 AM
alex_00s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most important thing is... are the insurers gonna pay you out??

I had my pug 306 GTi-6 stollen a few months ago while trying to sell it. 2 ******* came down pretending to be interested in buying it and I had the engine ticking over for em to hear how seet she sounded...

Next thing I know one of em shot of in it and the other guy jumped into his vehicle and that was it - GONE!

Best bit was the insurance company that I'd paid over £2k to in the yrs I had it turned round and said, "sorry sir as the keys were in the car at the time, you are not covered".

Merry F***in Stitchmass!!!
Old 28 July 2006, 10:49 AM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alex_00s
Most important thing is... are the insurers gonna pay you out??

I had my pug 306 GTi-6 stollen a few months ago while trying to sell it. 2 ******* came down pretending to be interested in buying it and I had the engine ticking over for em to hear how seet she sounded...

Next thing I know one of em shot of in it and the other guy jumped into his vehicle and that was it - GONE!

Best bit was the insurance company that I'd paid over £2k to in the yrs I had it turned round and said, "sorry sir as the keys were in the car at the time, you are not covered".

Merry F***in Stitchmass!!!
Sorry to hear that Alex.

Luckily my keys were safely in my pocket.

Regards,

Robin
Old 28 July 2006, 10:55 AM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about this, hope it all comes right eventually

Mark
Old 28 July 2006, 11:14 AM
iantype-r
Scooby Regular

really really guted for you mate, this is my worst nightmare going back to my car to find its been stolen, Really hope these s**ts die in a crash one day and hopefully not involve anyone else, Hope you get things sorted, keep us posted,

cheers ian
Old 28 July 2006, 11:25 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

**** heads, the lot of them. If it was my car, I wouldn't want it back. If the Police gave up the chase, it really must have been driven to it's limits. Just hope it's upside down in a field burnt out with the theiving tw@ts burned to death inside it.

If you are wanting it back, then I hope you do, but relying on Plod to get it back, I wouldn't hold out much hope.
Old 28 July 2006, 11:41 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

This is worrying as it seems they have found a way to bypass the quite good new-age security. AFAIK the key has a transponder which speaks to the ignition, which in speaks to the ECU. Unless they are all verified the engine will not start. I have heard of people acquiring engines from scrappers only to find they will never run unless they return to get the matched ECU and ignition barrel. How quickly could they install an alternative ECU and run it without the ignition barrel negating the need for a key maybe all done with a lappy ???
Old 28 July 2006, 11:47 AM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

quite worrying as i was thinking the same - i thought the newer cars were 'un-nickable' without the keys...............! mind if they can get past the standard RAC Trackstar on the Wr1 i suppose anything is possible....!

Feel sorry for you mate.

Raf.
Old 28 July 2006, 11:48 AM
Woodcote
Scooby Regular

sorry about the news on the WR1 ... i'd be so gutted if my STi wnet missing

how long have you had the car? i know someone who had his WR1 stolen but he got it back in one piece a few days later. anyways he sold it because he felt it was 'soiled' but those theiving ******* copied the keys ... may explain how they got past the incar security
Old 28 July 2006, 12:05 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Have you checked if donnington have any security cameras?

It does make you wonder how they even start the car when you have the keys and the car is immobolised????
Old 28 July 2006, 12:13 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Hi Robin

So sorry to hear this, it makes me soooo angry so I can only begin to imagine how you must be feeling. Not only is getting your car stolen bad enough but then having to deal with the Trackstar issue too

It also sounds like Donington really need to upgrade their car park security.

I hope you get some good news soon.

Sal
Old 28 July 2006, 12:34 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

sorry to hear,fingers crossed the *******s get what they deserver.

is it just me or are there alot of cars being stolen from car shows etc at the min?
Old 28 July 2006, 01:04 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ruddy hell . . . .They steal from competitors car parks!What will they think of next! . . .

I don't want to rain on anyones parade, but a car like a WR1 is very niche/desirable and unlikely to have been stolen by an opportunist .

Still . . .I feel for you, and hope you get it back . . .
Old 28 July 2006, 02:16 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by corradoboy
How quickly could they install an alternative ECU and run it without the ignition barrel negating the need for a key
and that ECU programed with thier own transponders No system is fool proof and If a Pro wants ANY Car he WILL have it

Scumbags would know roughly what variations of security to expect. When you see how systems are Bypassed or overcome

Robin,

Very very sad news indeed make me

Tony
Old 28 July 2006, 02:25 PM
S.P.Developments
Scooby Senior

Location: In the workshop or under some one elses car. PROJECT RA 09 IS GO.

Sorry to hear about this, hope you get some good news soon..

John
Old 28 July 2006, 09:19 PM
oobster
Scooby Regular

Echo what John has said above.
Old 28 July 2006, 09:53 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

one of our customers had his stolen not long after they came out, they knew exactly where the trackstar was located and just threw it out the window the police even found that but unknown to them he had also had a tracker fitted which found the car in one peice but they had removed the brain for the immobilizer and the alarm so you can only assume they plug something in to it to get around the security.
Old 28 July 2006, 11:30 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

There is also that trick (i heard) . . The halt tennis ball on your keyhole . . Punched . .And burst of air disarms yr locks . . .

Not sure how true that is though!

Anyhow . . .Lets just hope the guy gets his car back!
Old 29 July 2006, 12:38 AM
white
Scooby Regular

Why aren't people using Diskloks??
Old 29 July 2006, 12:57 AM
Criss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by white
Why aren't people using Diskloks??
My thoughts, they spend 5mins getting round all the security and relize the have a huge lock on the wheel!

I preffer the snap off steering wheels! no wheel, no nicky!
Old 29 July 2006, 07:01 AM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Thanks again everyone.....................

Still no news which I suppose is a good thing now as I have come round to not really wanting it back - I don't think it would be the same.

The other real pain is I had so much personal stuff in the car, but being at a race meeting thought theboot of the car was the safest place for it all!

Woodcote - I have had it from new, so approx two years now. Been good fun, though if I had known how much driving around I would be doing to race circuits at the time....... those 5000 miles between services don't half pass quickly!

James - Had a 'day off' but going back for quali today so will look to see if there are any cameras. Certainly surprised me they could drive it away like that I was under the illusion that the security was such they needed the keys to steal the car hence the car jackings - I myself had my house broken into in an attempt (unsuccessful) to steal my previous Scoob.

Sal - I think I will have words with Donington, I simply don't beleive the guy in the security hut didn't hear a thing he was just too close. Hopefully the scumbags won't be interested in the Focus hire car I have now lol - Oh the joys of a 1.6..............

I must also try and find the other guy in the BTCC paddock with a WR1 and warn him so can decide whether or not to take extra precautions in the future. If anyone on here know who that might be maybe they could do the same in case I don't manage to find him.

Kind regards,

Robin
Old 29 July 2006, 07:32 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN
There is also that trick (i heard) . . The halt tennis ball on your keyhole . . Punched . .And burst of air disarms yr locks . . .Not sure how true that is though!:
Used to be true, but only on early Renault central locking systems that used air pressure. There was also an easy one on the 1st Audi A4's which involved the wires in in the lock which were easily accessible, and one on Mondeo's involving airbag deployment. Mainstream cars are a piece of cake to them, as when a new model comes out, or they modify the system, they simply rent the latest model from Hertz or similar and spend a day working out a way past it. I'm not aware of any companies renting Scoobs, so they have always been a bit more difficult for them to investigate their methods.
Old 29 July 2006, 01:49 PM
marmski
Scooby Regular

Really sad to hear this, i think i would cry for days if someone stole my 06 STi... only had it for 6 weeks and i couldnt imagine being without it now.

I feel kinda more safe leaving it in my road rather than my drive because its a quiet back road and being parked around other house's i cant see anyone really knowing which of a possibly 6 house's actually has the keys inside.

What does concern me is the apparent ease they have got to yours without the keys. Do you not question whether thefts like these are an inside job from a Subaru dealership? i never leave my house keys with the dealer when i take my cars for a service because i fear for them being taken and copied.

I dont mean to start consiparcies... but i find it hard to trust anyone i dont know, and it seems to be almost impossibly easy for these thefts.
Old 29 July 2006, 06:04 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

good luck getting it back Robin you would have thought that Donington Park circuit would have been safe place to park

Alex. name and shame that insurance company that is so bad when you think how much they charge us
Old 29 July 2006, 06:11 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

if a ****** at a dealer was going to nick the car they wouldn't even need your car keys to get a copy, even the alarm code is easily accessible to them (unless you have the sense to change to it) so within a few minutes it can be away with no damage to it what so ever.

Quick Reply: WR1 No 204 Reg UK04SRT STOLEN from Donington Park Circuit