Sponsored by:

was i done??

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2006, 02:14 PM
147bugeye
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default was i done??

Well the dreaded orange engine management light came on last sunday, causing what can only be described as wallet panic. took him to the $tealer and was told it was a cam shaft sensor at fault. 150 sheets!!! did the $tealer see me coming, thought it a bit pricey for a poxy sensor!!!
Old 23 July 2006, 03:10 PM
stanscooby
Scooby Regular

did the light come on when you had been on full throttle. could poss be a over boost, and the light came on. I was told i needed a sensor but that was just rubbish. try turning ign on and off a few times to see if it clears.
Old 23 July 2006, 03:22 PM
zoney-WRX
Scooby Regular

i had a problem with my engine light coming on was told it could have been a dodgy CO2 sensor or bad fuel was also told that switching the ignition on and off 4 time would put the light off but doesnt clear it from the ecu memory

tried diff garage for fuel and light hasnt been oon since
Old 23 July 2006, 03:58 PM
Charles aka Charlie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 147bugeye
Well the dreaded orange engine management light came on last sunday, causing what can only be described as wallet panic. took him to the $tealer and was told it was a cam shaft sensor at fault. 150 sheets!!! did the $tealer see me coming, thought it a bit pricey for a poxy sensor!!!
Exactly the same for me (a few months back) I also have a bugeye.

The light came on and then switched off when cool, so I left it. However, the light came on a few weeks later. Only seemed to come on when giving it some round the same corner

Since changing the sensor the light (touch wood) has not come back on.

How many miles has yours done? Mine's 55k and this could be the time these things tend to give up

Cheers,

Charlie
Old 23 July 2006, 05:10 PM
st3v3
Scooby Regular

My cam throttle sensor light come on a few months back,it was in Warranty, so they took it off,cleaned it,put it back on and was fine ever since.

They did order me a new one just in case which was never needed.

Bugeye 52 plate less than 24,000 mls.
Old 30 July 2006, 12:47 PM
147bugeye
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for the replies, in reality i reckon i was done then!!! The light as you said did go off after a few starts but unless you've got the diagnostic programme to run on your computer i suppose youre in their hands. I lust didn't thin it wise to leave it!!!