Some help please people

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2006, 11:56 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some help please people

Hey guys,

Please can anyone help me on a couple of issues. Please forgive me mods if I place this in the wrong section.

Ok, I had my (my01 wrx) car serviced last month and then I had a knee operation a couple of days later so the car hasn't really been used much as I wasn't aloud to drive.

On the way home from when I had it service at my local Subaru dealer the car felt it was pulling as hard but I put this down to be paranoid and some heat soak after being stuck in some traffic.

However I've since taken my car out during the evenings to see what the car feels like and I am sure it isn't running right.

Is it possible that an TEK3 re-mapped ECU can be over-ridden by a main dealer setting it back to standard settings? I'm not blaming the Dealers in anyway as I find there service very good and will continue to use them. But I rang them to ask if they had done a re-set and was told no unless we are asked too. I am waiting for them to call me back still so I can get it looked at by them.
If anyone can help me on the TEK3 question that would be really helpful.

Also how do the TD04's cope in the heat? As above I have noticed some heat soak anyway but it really does seem as though the turbo has to work to much to get the extra spool up. It almost sounds as though there is a leak (blowing sound) from the turbo or gasket on the downpipe noise. I've open the bonnet up and used the revs to see if I can hear any noise (blowing) but can't. The car does feel a little lumpy at present but is this another MAF issue (I had one replaced under warranty in March) or just due to the heat.

I haven't had my car during a summer yet as I only bought it in September last year so maybe I am just over reacting to some issues but maybe you guys can put my mind at rest. My warranty with Subaru is only valid until Spetember 06 but even then I would have voided this with some mods including the TEK re-map. I was told by the guy who did my car prior to the remap that any work he has done will be covered under warranty with him but I'm a tad head f**ked as it was only a verbal aggreement.

Steve
Old 19 July 2006, 02:06 PM
SVVG
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be the heat - but if you're that worried you should contact the guy who did the Teck 3 remap - as he will have saved your car's individual map on his lap top, and if it's been wiped off he'll be able to just download the map in a few minutes - and shouldn't charge you that much for it either. (he'll also be able to tell you whether the Teck 3 map had been removed.
Old 19 July 2006, 02:59 PM
Drboobfondler
Scooby Regular

Can you condense that down to something thats actually shorter than the bible !!! I got bored half way through !
Old 19 July 2006, 04:09 PM
stanscooby
Scooby Regular

Drboobfondler how rude !
Old 19 July 2006, 05:03 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Drboobfondler
Can you condense that down to something thats actually shorter than the bible !!! I got bored half way through !
True, but when c**ts like you reply it show you don't have a f**king clue. Hence the long post so real people can read it and maybe come up with an answer. ****.

SVVG, thanks mate. I need to get hold of Pat and see when he's down this way next. Maybe it is the heat? But just seems a bit odd thats all.

Cheers
Steve