Sponsored by:

Help!!!! Part info required

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2006, 02:46 PM
a_little_feisty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help!!!! Part info required

Some kind-hearted soul has taken their heel or some other blunt object to the nearside headlight assembly on my 06 STI, whilst parked outside the Boiler Room in Birmingham Club in the early hours of Sunday morning. Has definitely not been caused by a stone or another vehicle as there is not a mark on the bodywork, so looks like a green-eyed monster at work.

Was mortified to discover that I am looking at between £550 and £750 to replace it, according to my local dealer. The problem I have is this - they could not tell me whether I have the HID or Halogen assembly, even though I gave them the VIN number.

I am a mere girl (ahem) and know very little about such things, but have opened up the manual for the first time admittedly and it would appear that as I have no beam level control it is likely that I have the HID set. Can anyone advise as to whether this would be likely?

Also I really do not want to pay the £200+ labour charge that Research are quoting me to fit the part, daylight robbery springs to mind, but am fearful of tinkering with the headlight assembly myself in case I **** it up. Does anyone know where I can get a decent price on the part and the fitting? I am in Lichfield, Staffs.

Cheers
Nic

Old 18 July 2006, 05:42 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

You should have the HID units fitted as standard. This is confirmed as you have no height adjustment. One final check is to watch the lights against a wall when you FIRST switch them on. You should see the automatic levelling take place.
If your car is a TYPE UK it definitely has HID lights on dip.
Old 18 July 2006, 09:56 PM
a_little_feisty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers Beastie ... it is a type uk model and the headlights do adjust, so as suspected is HID assembly required ...

Have been quoted £660 just for part (ouch!!) ...