Monday morning laughs trying to find RCM

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2006, 11:23 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Monday morning laughs trying to find RCM

LOL. What a day
Had my MY03 WRX booked in for its 50k cambelt service with the lads at RCM on Monday 17th.
Anyway, i live in Notts so i set off dead early to miss all the traffic and **** it there early, not realising that TomTom was gonna send me to a dead end housing estate and obviously, no RCM there then!
We (me and missus) then spend 40 mins driving past the bloody Caterpillar digger factory (huge) and in and around Peckleton and still no sign of RCM.
Hmm, too early for anyone answering the phone there too, so we are lost, pure and simple.
Laugh of the day was meeting up and passing, several times, a guy in a black WRX, (with TomTom), LOL, who also cant find it.
We pass each other about 4 times till we end up meeting at some small industrial estate, where we both stop, laugh at the crapness of the TomTom and then with my missus as navigator on the phone with Olly, he follows us and Hooray! Olly leads us into RCM. What a laugh. I had to U-turn 4 times with this poor bloke behind me doing the same, Hahaha.
Good day in the end, whilst me missus was stood there bored ****less, (HA to that!), me and this chap obviously start talking mods and cars.
Thanks to Olly and the guys at RCM, whose advice i took and trust 100%.
It did mean my bill doubled, but i aint risking a leaking cambelt tensioner and a knackered bearing in an idler roller!
Whoever you were, nice to meet you at RCM in your black WRX, and nice to finally see RCM in all its glory.
Oh, and some lovely countryside around that Caterpillar factory!

PS, another laugh was going into the Coop at Desford, asking the girl behind the counter, "do you know where Roger Clark Motorsport is?", to which she promptly suggests i check the magazine rack if i want the Motorsport magazine! LOLz0rs.
Ooerrr, not to worry we got there in the end.
Old 18 July 2006, 02:26 PM
wrc350
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

at least u know where it is now, top team!