Sponsored by:

Dear Deadrie!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2006, 08:22 PM
isubaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dear Deadrie!!

Good day all, i was on my way up the M1 the other morning it was around 4am and i was doing a steady 70mph, give or take 30mph, but in no way pushing hard, and on popped my check engine light, so i slowed a little waiting for a catastrophic boom, but insted the warning light went off. And all seems fine, the car is now parked at EM airport, where it will be for the next 2 weeks.
The problem is i want to enjoy my holiday, but i cant stop thinking about my baby being in pain, she must be hurting inside!
So is it that the check engine light can come on if i push her a little to hard, i dont know maybe the air flow meter or something.
Or is it my Impreza is slightly physic and knows im leaving her for a few weeks.
Any advice!!
Old 11 July 2006, 09:02 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

What car? Does it have a non std exhaust?
Old 11 July 2006, 09:10 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by isubaru
Good day all, i was on my way up the M1 the other morning it was around 4am and i was doing a steady 70mph, give or take 30mph, but in no way pushing hard, and on popped my check engine light, so i slowed a little waiting for a catastrophic boom, but insted the warning light went off. And all seems fine, the car is now parked at EM airport, where it will be for the next 2 weeks.
The problem is i want to enjoy my holiday, but i cant stop thinking about my baby being in pain, she must be hurting inside!
So is it that the check engine light can come on if i push her a little to hard, i dont know maybe the air flow meter or something.
Or is it my Impreza is slightly physic and knows im leaving her for a few weeks.
Any advice!!
Happened with mine once.Done under warranty,something to do with sensor in the exhaust.About £130 for the sensor I think .Trouble is,it was stuck into exhaust downpipe which had to be replaced as well,at several hundred quid.Was I glad I took out the extended warranty.
You may get away with just sensor hopefully.
Old 12 July 2006, 12:08 AM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it wise to advertise where your car will be left unattended for 2 weeks?
Old 12 July 2006, 12:40 AM
chrisola
Scooby Regular

not anymore, just back from picking it up
Old 12 July 2006, 12:55 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

There's probably a few others there as well

Originally Posted by theotherphil
Old 12 July 2006, 12:56 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by njkmrs
Happened with mine once.Done under warranty,something to do with sensor in the exhaust.About £130 for the sensor I think .Trouble is,it was stuck into exhaust downpipe which had to be replaced as well,at several hundred quid.Was I glad I took out the extended warranty.
You may get away with just sensor hopefully.
im a bit worried now. im after getting an afterburner vortex system (backbox decat downpipe and centre section) fitted to my 95 wrx. will this engine light thing happen to me when i open her up??? will i need to speak to the guys who end up fitting it about this sensor?

im paranoid now,
Old 12 July 2006, 06:18 AM
jase/karen.v1.sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by isubaru
Any advice!!
how would you feel if ya mrs was goin on holiday without u? cars have feelings to! ur scooby did that so u wouldnt forget about her,whilst u was off enjoyin ya self
Old 12 July 2006, 09:00 AM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb Could be ...

... this.
Old 14 July 2006, 08:03 PM
isubaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by theotherphil
Hi all again, sorry for the delay but its so hard to find time to get on the internet, whilst swimming, golfing, sunning and drinking!! do all good things end in ing?
My car is a late UK classic, ahould have mentioned that initally, sorry!

Yep my car is at East midlands airport, along with 10,000 others, feel free to have a look around for it, i counted 4 classics in just my car park!! Be quick though cause you only have until friday AM to nick it!!!
Old 14 July 2006, 08:05 PM
isubaru
Scooby Regular

oh it has a Prodrive back bollox fitted!!