Sponsored by:

Story of a BMW driver hater

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2006, 09:52 PM
Keigo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Story of a BMW driver hater

So, there I was, driving on A38 going towards Birmingham city centre. i was following a traffic of a few cars overtaking a lorry in the right hand lane. A M3 Convertible came zooming up my ***, whips into left lane, and undertakes me, immediately cuts me up with no indicator.

As you do, I beeped the horn, with a not so friendly gesture (OK, childish, i know). So what does he do? Initially, sticks 2 fingers at me. I think ****, and forget about it. Passed the lorry, I see BMW pull into left lane, goes level with me, spits at my car, actually catching my mate in the process. Absolutely the worst behaviour, we think. And he manages to top that, and starts throwing coins at my car, again hitting my mate in the arm, where he is bruised and in serious pain hours afterwards. Not content with escalating the situation, I just backed off, and he sped off, doing at least a ton in a busy 50MPH dual carriageway traffic, weaving in and out of lanes.

I've hated the stereotypical BMW drivers all my life. but today's event was the worst I've ever heard or encountered. The way he was acting today, hopefully he will be caught soon and banned from driving before he actually kills someone first.
Old 08 July 2006, 10:11 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Did you not get his details and report him. Your mate could probably do him for assault aswell, just to top things off.
Old 08 July 2006, 10:15 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Shocking

Really puts me off BMW's - the stereotype is correct in many cases unfortunately.

Did the driver and passenger in the M3 look like your typical drug dealers?!
Old 08 July 2006, 10:19 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a total t*sser - but he's just an individual and he alone is responsible for his actions.

As some of you may know, I swapped my STI for a 330d a couple of months ago. It's a nice car, but I immediately noticed that people are no longer prepared to let me in at junctions or into busy traffic - instead they close up any gap and will seemingly do anything to stop a BMW getting out in front of them.

So, I have no alternative but to start getting pushy, which isn't normally in my nature. I never had any problem in any of my previous cars (two Imprezas, one Westfield and various dull saloons and hatches).

Seems that 'BMW drivers are all b*stards' is self-fulfilling
Old 08 July 2006, 10:22 PM
Steppler
Scooby Regular

Fingers crossed, as we speak he's hopefully laid upside down in a ditch slowly bleeding to death, in the meantime petrol is slowly leaking from his car and about to ignite !!!

Old 08 July 2006, 10:38 PM
Steppler
Scooby Regular

Just to add to the above, my mate has an M3 and is a sound kid, however tonight after driving back from my parents, i had an z3 m shoot up my ar*e wanting to play. wouldn't mind normally but when you got 12 week old pregnant wife at your side, things work differently !!!!!!! even she saw how his car twitched when i braked to turn right (was doing 60mph)................report the to$$er !!!!!!!
Old 08 July 2006, 11:24 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

I own a BMW.
Do you have a problem with that?

I also own a Subaru.

I find the combined childish attitudes and antics (not to mention extreme bad taste) by many new-age and later generation classic Subaru owners, alike more shamful to the Subaru marque than that noted of BMW owners.

But then I don't let petty stigmas prevent me buying any car I wish.

The problem is with the owner, not the car

Last edited by Shark Man; 08 July 2006 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08 July 2006, 11:36 PM
Steppler
Scooby Regular

i agree. it's not the car, but the d!ck behind the wheel. I certainly don't dislike bmw drivers or there cars, just the fact i can relate to the incident that the original post was intended !!!

ps i own a newage subaru. have 2 kids and one on the way. a good job. nice house and many other stable factors in my life, so i don't class myself as 'childish'
Old 08 July 2006, 11:40 PM
LongTimeLurker
Scooby Regular

You can have him done for assault among other things i imagine, as gross as it sounds if you have any spit left over report him to the police and they should take a dna sample (they take it very seriously with the threat of aids / hiv). Hopfully he is profiled already or one day gets swabbed and the outstanding charge bites him in the *** and he's dealt with.
Old 08 July 2006, 11:43 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I'll give this thread a rating.
Old 08 July 2006, 11:52 PM
94impreza
Scooby Regular

Old 08 July 2006, 11:52 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
I'll give this thread a rating.
Ariston.
Old 08 July 2006, 11:53 PM
94impreza
Scooby Regular

Obviously its down to the driver not the make of vehicle. Sadly BMW's have some sort of status symbol to them, and when you can pick them up cheaply any **** thinks they are above others just because they drive a BM. My hometown is over-ridden with crap 3-series wannabe's with fake M3 and Alpina stickers on the back acting like the roads theirs. I feel sorry for genuine enthusiasts because they probably get stereotyped as one of these idiots and mis-treated.
Bubba one day start a thread and we'll see what ZZZ rating we give it, oh and still waiting for you to actually prove a point , then again i suppose that would take some intelligence and character, someone with as much time and wasted energy on their hands as you i doubt has either of the above.
Old 09 July 2006, 12:02 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Indeed. This can run depending on how deep the oars get stuck in

As a note to "childish". The childish attitude I have experienced has nothing to do with family, age, job or possesions, but the person themselves.

And by that I refer to treating the road as a racetrack, goading other road users, and behaving like a tool when behind the wheel on a fast A-road, regardless of their age. Although for intents, the driving may as well be compared to that of 17yr old.

But then you see poeple in other makes of cars do that too.....so whare does that leave that argument?

My viewpoint for sakes of balance, is that I've seen more Imprezas being dangerously driven on the roads than BMWs (bearing in mind, statistically, there are more BMWs than Imprezas), funnily, most are either emblazened with tacky mods or are the new-age usually in sonic blue+gold wheels. Several such Imprezas local me even have the obligatory baby seat of a middle-aged driver. But that doesn't seem to change their habits

Perhaps the drivers need to be put in the baby seat?

Last edited by Shark Man; 09 July 2006 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09 July 2006, 12:07 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 94impreza
Bubba one day start a thread and we'll see what ZZZ rating we give it, oh and still waiting for you to actually prove a point , then again i suppose that would take some intelligence and character, someone with as much time and wasted energy on their hands as you i doubt has either of the above.
What are you on, 94? I've given the thread a potential six-page rating, based on my experience of scoobynet topics that run and run, and in a way that shows I have a sense of humour.

When you have as much intelligence and character as I do, then we'll talk Turkey. Until that day, you can carry on being one.

[94impreza in DCI Gene Hunt mode]

Talking about yourself again

[/94impreza in DCI Gene Hunt mode]

Old 09 July 2006, 12:19 AM
Steppler
Scooby Regular

ok i'm not going to get sucked into this argument, but seeing as i'm a "typical" scooby driver (only owned one for 6 months) i regard myself as a good driver, ie. i will NOT abuse the road or conditions i am not familiar with. i do NOT see every other car as a race subject or potentail racer. i understand and accept i am driving a 260bhp plus killing machine so therefore respect every oap and hedghog out there, and finally, just beacuse some c*ck flies up my **** in his saxo/civic/bmw/etc etc doesn't mean i have to lower my standards to the limited kirb crawling scum that think they are the king of the road. i've seen too many RTA's to realise that !!!

The original post was about a bloke (not a car) who had a chip on his shoulder becaese his little ***** couldn't justufy him being stuck behind another car. Let these tw@ts die at the side of the road so the rest of us can carry on with our normal lifes !!!!!!!

Ta
Mark
Old 09 July 2006, 12:19 AM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

I take it 'Gene Hunt' is cockney rhyming?

Would explain a lot.
Old 09 July 2006, 12:22 AM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steppler
ok i'm not going to get sucked into this argument, but seeing as i'm a "typical" scooby driver (only owned one for 6 months) i regard myself as a good driver, ie. i will NOT abuse the road or conditions i am not familiar with. i do NOT see every other car as a race subject or potentail racer. i understand and accept i am driving a 260bhp plus killing machine so therefore respect every oap and hedghog out there, and finally, just beacuse some c*ck flies up my **** in his saxo/civic/bmw/etc etc doesn't mean i have to lower my standards to the limited kirb crawling scum that think they are the king of the road. i've seen too many RTA's to realise that !!!

The original post was about a bloke (not a car) who had a chip on his shoulder becaese his little ***** couldn't justufy him being stuck behind another car. Let these tw@ts die at the side of the road so the rest of us can carry on with our normal lifes !!!!!!!

Ta
Mark
Absolutely - but rising to the bait, honking and gesticulating, in my opinion puts you (not you personally) on their level. This is what ***** like that are looking for, ignoring them is the best thing to do.
Old 09 July 2006, 12:26 AM
Steppler
Scooby Regular

DITTO mate, DITTO !!!!
Old 09 July 2006, 12:32 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

The original post was about a bloke (not a car)
What is this thread about?......

Story of a BMW driver hater
I've hated the stereotypical BMW drivers all my life.

Oh...hang on, its the driver, oh silly me. Forgive me for reading the above a pot of tar a wide bristled brush (and also the sarcasm in this post)
Old 09 July 2006, 12:58 AM
Keigo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shark Man
What is this thread about?......

Oh...hang on, its the driver, oh silly me. Forgive me for reading the above a pot of tar a wide bristled brush (and also the sarcasm in this post)
Point taken. I'll take back some of my comment.All this was down to a particular individual, and this particular one seriously ticked me off. However, by no means, does every BMW driver act like this one (my goodness, imagine the chaos!), and in anger, I posted rather thoughtlessly, and I did generalise a bit too much.

But in my defence, over half of my unpleasant experiences on the road have been caused by BMWs, and today's event just took me just that bit over the edge.

Let's face it, we all do a bit of generalisation. Hey, how do people like Portuguese around here?
Old 09 July 2006, 01:02 AM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Audi>MB>BMW

Just wait till the next gen of rear biased near 50/50 weight distributed audi's come out.

We shall rule the world!!!!!!!!
Old 09 July 2006, 01:05 AM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

AudiLover<<****e

Grow up!
Old 09 July 2006, 01:19 AM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Talking

Sport . . . . .

Every one knows BMW drivers are complete ******* through and true! . . .Question is .. Why o why did you spot him and choose to get inovlved . . . . . BMW man is a ****** , has no life and probably does not get enogh sex / . . .Moreover . . If he ever got to a pub car park - more likely than not, he will park in the disabled spot!! . . .

So why do you , of all people choose to get involved . . .Your goal, is to be a GOOD driver and not follow the leader . . . Good driver means having a mind of your own . . . .If you drive a Subaru, you are in controll of the best car in the world . So why must you get involved with the berke in BMW????

Today . . I hada little man in a TT try and give it . . .Had I wished it . . .I would have pissed on him from the height of Venus . .. . .But do I ?????? N time for em!

p.s . . . .If the little man started to throw coins at my car ---- then i would have to cut him up -wipe the floor with him, and then put him in intensive care! Enjoy!

Last edited by WRX300MAN; 09 July 2006 at 01:25 AM. Reason: BMW divers are complete w*nkers because they were born that way!
Old 09 July 2006, 10:20 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

And he manages to top that, and starts throwing coins at my car, again hitting my mate in the arm, where he is bruised and in serious pain hours afterwards.
How big were the coins? After being spat on I would have closed the window.
Old 09 July 2006, 10:38 AM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Question

A work colleague and I were on our way to a business meeting. There were Roadwork signs showing the lane on the outside was closed for repairs & warnings were posted a mile away then every few yards to the cones.

This chap in A BMW goes right down the outside right to the cones then forces his way in.

We recognise the Driver as the Financial Director of of our Comapny on his way to the same meeting as us!

When I get there I pull him up about his selfish driving and disregard for others ( now this is a very nice easy going man who is a beancounter).

Guess what he says?? If you drive a BMW you have the right to drive where you want at any time, especially if your late for a meeting. I arrived on time and you 2 were late!

I got a BMW brochure but, couldn't find that bit in it???

Take on board what everone has said, don't blame the car look to the driver. However, as I said, this was a really nice guy.

Must be something in air that BMW produces an personality change??

Alan MAC
Old 09 July 2006, 10:43 AM
sparky300
Scooby Regular

i love cars and have raced on the track since i was 13.

on the road do what i do, i know my car and the limits, i have nothing to prove so i alway just slow down, i never race, pees them off big time.
Old 09 July 2006, 10:50 AM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars.

First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway! (The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.)

Unbelievably, I had tried to do the same again before I could get into the BMW lane. (Why do underlings use this lane? Surely everyone knows it is for BMW drivers only?)

Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 95mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was only driving at a ridiculous 70mph!

Naturally, I got to within a foot or so from his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way.

Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me! He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill to attract my attention and then urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.

Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast!

Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my driver's licence to a Police station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They're not free points either - they're £20 each and I was allowed 3! But the man at the Police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me!

See, now THAT's the sort of respect you get when you buy and drive a BMW!
Old 09 July 2006, 11:06 AM
Sweepickit
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gotmashed
The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars.

First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway! (The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.)

Unbelievably, I had tried to do the same again before I could get into the BMW lane. (Why do underlings use this lane? Surely everyone knows it is for BMW drivers only?)

Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 95mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was only driving at a ridiculous 70mph!

Naturally, I got to within a foot or so from his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way.

Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me! He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill to attract my attention and then urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.

Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast!

Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my driver's licence to a Police station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They're not free points either - they're £20 each and I was allowed 3! But the man at the Police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me!

See, now THAT's the sort of respect you get when you buy and drive a BMW!
Old 09 July 2006, 12:21 PM
wolfie28
Scooby Regular

Excellent post gotmashed .

In my opinion a LARGE percentage of BMW drivers are a bunch of to$$ers with no respect for other road users, just like the BMW driver that overtook my wife and I in our village (speed limit 30mph) as we were going home yesterday .

I don't agree with taring everyone with the same brush but for BMW drivers it is warranted.

Quick Reply: Story of a BMW driver hater