Sponsored by:

What a bad day i had yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2006, 10:15 PM
burtysbugeye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a bad day i had yesterday

Ok i was on my way home from work last night around 1am, i put my foot down on a long straight and i hear POP . First reaction was IVE FOOKED IT. Anyway i tryed to crank it back over to find out it would tick over alittle then die. I then popped the bonnet to find i had blown the turbo pipe off, the y shape one that goes to the intercooler, I felt abit better after that but stil wasnt impressed. Next mission was to put it back on, went to the boot to find i had nowt to put it back on with and also i had forgot my phone . Anyway i tryed to use the jack handle to squeeze it back on till i got to garage but no joy, burnt my hand 3 times and was starting to feel very tired and pi**ed off. I then knew i had to take the intercooler off to replace it, so off i went on a 3 mile walk to my mates house for tools.Got a lift back to car 10 mins later it was repaired, started her up and bingo she was fine. I didnt get home till 4am this morning and to top it off i woke up to find an slight patch of oil on driverside rear, turned out to be a bust shocker . So what im wanting is someone to tell me the best place to get a new shocker, im gonna replace both to be on safe side, ive been into with subaru and they want £135 each for them , So any help would be great.
Old 07 July 2006, 10:54 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

The Prodrive/Samco silicone I/C pipes have a habit of blowing off if they get any oil under them. When refitting a wipe over with white spirit or petrol usually does the trick. Mine hasn't done it since I cleaned mine.

You could take the duff shocker as an opportunity to uprate the standard stuff for something better Other than that, see what places like TSL, Powerstation, Prosport, Scoobyclinic etc can come up with.
Old 08 July 2006, 10:14 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Burt, you are from Newcastle way, arn't you??

Try Alyn at AS Performance Most tyhe TTS lads use him

Sorry dont have the number at hand ,but if you do a quick search you will find it

Mick
Old 08 July 2006, 10:23 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

http://www.asperformance.com/
Old 08 July 2006, 11:50 PM
easyrider
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to your local motor factors/trade counter and ask for KYB shocks-they are EXACTLY the same as the Subaru ones but are gold in colour instead of black(Subaru use KYB's but have Subaru stamped on them),they usually cost about £70 each.

Gary.
Old 09 July 2006, 11:36 AM
burtysbugeye
Scooby Regular

Thanx for all the helps guys